ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

I get THIS when I start my mission with alive activated.

Can anyone explain?

Yes. It's already been fixed on the devs end. Just have to wait patiently for a hotfix or revert to CBA 2.2.

I get THIS when I start my mission with alive activated.

Can anyone explain?

It will be fixed in an upcoming hotfix (soonâ„¢)

As of right now, ALiVE is not fully compatible with the latest CBA. To achieve stable results, use CBA v2.2 (I think that's the ver). Once ALiVE is updated it will be compatible with the latest CBA again. The game will still function, just be aware that errors may occur.

When I start a mission using ALiVE and the latest CBA, no slots appear at the "slotting screen". Simply removing the ALiVE module from the mission allows it to function normally. Mission is made using the 3D editor (not tested a 2D one yet). Is this because of the previously mentioned incompatibility between latest CBA and ALiVE?

Thanks

Quite possible - it's causing some odd behaviour.  Try using the older CBA or wait for our update, which will be soon.

• Like 1

alive_logo_bif.jpg

ALiVEmod.com
The next generation dynamic persistent mission addon for ArmA3
Release 1.0.1

1.0.1 Update - Fixes and Map Indexing

As is so often the case after achieving a major milestone, we immediately discovered a bunch of new bugs in ALiVE 1.0, so we have been busy hunting them down and squashing them. Chief amongst them was a critical issue which was causing the game to freeze randomly up to two hours into a game. This was a right b'staad to pin down but thanks to the perseverance of Highhead we think we have it nailed finally.

We have hinted before that we would love to allow others to help index maps but it was not possible as it was a laborious manual task and automated tools didn't exist. Well they do now! Tupolov created a clever little indexing tool that automates a large part of the process and makes categorising map objects far quicker and easier - all done via a simple ALiVE module placed in the editor. Full details will be posted on our wiki shortly (please give us a day or two to get this sorted) and via our forum.

Meanwhile Spyderblack, ArJay and the rest of the team have been working on some important performance enhancements and fixes to various modules. Details are in the change log below.

Please note that as with all updates, if you have an issue loading a mission made with a previous version of ALiVE, delete and replace the modules in that mission.

47z96Svm.png

Download
Grab the latest version from ALiVEmod.com
Also available from PlayWithSix, ArmAholic and Steam.

Note for server admins that this build requires the new @ALiVEServer package. The old one should not be used and in most cases won't work or will crash.

Join the War Room Now!

Manual
Please refer to the ALiVE Wiki. All the info you need is there. If anything is missing or unclear, please let us know.

Support Forum
For direct support and feedback from the ALiVE dev team, join us on our forum at http://alivemod.com/forum/

Release Highlights

• Compatibility Update for latest CBA
  • Map Indexing Tool
  • Mil Placement HQ locations are now garrisoned to make them readily identifiable and optionally you can add a Field HQ composition
  • Various fixes and enhancements to Tasks and C2ISTAR Command Tablet
  • Added Index for Winter Chernarus, Kunar, Kunduz
  • Re-index Stratis, Altis and some others maps to prevent exploding ambient vehicle placements
  • Compatibility update for RHS

Changelog

[MAIN] Raised compatible clusterbuild for A3 Version: 1.56.134787
[sys_indexer] Fix issue where stuck in map view for object categorization #204
[MIL PLACEMENTs] Added Field HQ! Explanation below!
[X LIB] Added Function: ALIVE_fnc_findNearObjectsByType, pretty useful: returns all objects of given type within radius. Works with P3D name AND config class (f.e. to be used with typeOf). Very useful for building[__pos, 500, ALIVE_militaryBuildingTypes + ALIVE_militaryHQBuildingTypes] call ALIVE_fnc_findNearObjectsByType
[X LIB] Improved ALiVE_fnc_getNearestObjectInArray with lazy evaluation
[MIL INSURGENCY] Removed obsolete placeholder module (already done in staging, doesnt need to be cherry picked)
[sup_command] Fixed RPT UI errors ("cannot load control")
[MIL C2ISTAR] Fixed task "clear the town" was instantly cleared on dedicated server (fix #198)
[MIL CQB] Fixed issue with null-groups sometimes being kept in CQB for some time until GC collected them
[sUP COMMAND] Fixed object-leak when spectating an OPCOM group and player was killed
[sUP COMMAND] Corrected syntax for BIS_fnc_MP "call" parameter
[sup_command] Optimized tablet performance
[sup_command] Fixed stringtable references
[sup_command] Changed map-click profile selection radius to be dynamic based on map-zoom
[sup_command] Fixed missing semicolon
[sup_command] Fixed corrupted marker bug, optimized loading of ops interface, switched createMarker to drawLine
[X LIB] Improved debug to show the calling function if ALiVE_fnc_HashGet retrieved wrong input values
[X LIB] Fixed error due to wrong input param check in landAtRemote and landRemote (CS threw a script error on heli transport -> land)
[Main] Full index of Kunar Province
[Main] Kalu Khan Index - 75%
[Main] Kalu Khan index - WIP
[Tasks] Some fixes
[X LIB] improved performance of ALiVE_fnc_SortBy by using deleteAt again
[X LIB] Added Inpput validation in various remote-functions to fix da Freeze!
[VARIOUS | XLIB] Fixed broken BIS_fnc_SortBy and changed to ALiVE_fnc_SortBy!
[sys_indexer] Added debug for Friznit
[sys_indexer] Added key press to continue after static data generation and before map completion.
[Map Index] Kunduz re-indexed, please test
[sys_indexer] Added support for using a custom map bound within the module settings. Once indexed, the value must be added to the main staticData.sqf file.
[sys_Indexer] Converted Tuplindexinator to Indexing module. Use ALiVE key to access Map indexing
[Map Index] Added Chernarus Winter
[Tuplindexinator] Improved logging, added support for A2 Chernarus static data
[indexer] remove diags
[Tuplindexinator] Improved camera angles, dump object list to log
[Main] Updated Indexing Object Blacklist (Chernarus)
[Main] Indexing Object Blacklist
[sUP CS | C2ISTAR] Fixed support options (Combat Support and Player Resupply) were accessibly via ALiVE tablet even though the defined items on the modules wouldn't allow it! (fix #195)
[MISSIONS] Fixed ALiVE Sabotage to work with new CLIT ALTIS index
[MIL C2ISTAR] Updated taskSabotage to work with new CLIT indexes (incl. fallback for older indexes)
[Tuplindexinator] Fixed case sensitivity issues
[MIL C2ISTAR] Changed: Task Sabotage building was selecting lampposts and other weird tall objects. Changed to primarily selecting buildings with the most indoor building positions (to prefer f.e. big military offices and HQs) at the objective, and if no useful buildings are found fallback to random houses within 500m of objective (f.e. for A2 non enterable buildings).
[Tuplindexinator] Added a boolean value to ALiVE_fnc_indexMap that indicates if a default staticdata should be us["path\myaddon_map.pbo", true] call ALiVE_fnc_indexMap
[ALiVEClient] Updated
[ALiVE Map Indexer] First version ready for testing
[VARIOUS] Fixed occassion of an error where ALiVE_fnc_AllCurator was undefined. Refactored and removed ALiVE_fnc_AllCurators completely
[uI] Updated UI to work with CBA 2.3 hotfix that includes ability to hook into initDisplay
[Tuplindexinator] Prototype complete.
[Tuplindexinator] Remove debug test
[Tuplindexinator] Updates
[MIL CQB] Fix for CQB debug "CQB ERROR: No House was defined for CQB group <NULL-group>"
[Tuplindexinator] Updated static data dialog
[Tuplindexinator] Updated cam script
[tuplindexinator] Added WIP UI for static data
[MapIndex] Reindexed Altis for 1.56
[MapIndex] Reindex of Stratis for 1.56
[Tuplindexinator] Fixed incorrect variable. Added static object function.
[Tuplindexinator] Added compiled DLL
[xlib] Removed spheres from debug function as they spam the RPT
[Tuplindexinator] End to end index (with prepopulated static data) still WIP
[Tuplindexinator] DEPLOYED! WIP
[ALiVEClient] DeWRP and object parsing automated in extension
[sys_profile] Fixed profile speed modifier module setting
[sup_combatsupport] Fixed issue where incorrect classname was used for invisible helipad
[extensions] Committed ALiVEPlugIn and ALiVEClient
[extensions] removing extensions to get rid of submodule
[sup_combatsupport] Fixed precedence in code replacement
[sys_stats] Fixed issue where nil was being passed to shots fired. Fixes #166
[Map Index] Re-indexed Stratis to avoid exploding helicopters Fixes #180
[mil_CQB] Fixed issue where spawning of units did not look up unit blacklist. #179
[Main] Stratis reindex
[sys_profiles] Removed debug code
[sys_profiles] Fixed issue where identically named groups would conflict #170
[C2ISTAR] Fixed UI errors due to changed RscButton class #185
[C2ISTAR] Fixed issue where incorrect side was returned for tasks #156
[sup_combatsupport] Fixed UI issue with buttons #116
[xlib] Improved random group function to handle issues if ALiVE group mappings are incorrect
[Main] Fixed RHS insurgent group mappings #184

Acknowledgements and Thanks
Particular thanks to all those on our support forum who have worked closely with us to identify the freeze bug. Your assistance is valuable and your dedication to ALiVE makes it all worth the effort!

What's Next?
The Indexing Tool is a key step towards enabling us to open ALiVE source, which will be branded ALiVE.OS to differentiate it from our own dev branch. We are finalising the T's & C's for the new development approach and expect to publish some further details soon.

Disclaimer
ALiVE is now GA. However, we may need to prune the persistent database data from the War Room, eliminating data that is older than 6-12 months. The ALiVE War Room database is run on a voluntary basis at a cost to the ALiVE development team. No guarantees can be given on the mission data stored or the availability of the service. We apologise for any downtime that may impact your MP persistent missions.

ALiVE has transformed my Arma 3 experience, how can I thank you?
Please consider making a contribution to our server costs if you enjoy ALiVE! It costs us $65 per month to run our War Room website and the ALiVE Database servers and every little helps. Donate here http://www.alivemod.com/#Donate

Special thanks to everyone here for supporting us with donations to the ALiVE mod development effort.

Have fun!

• Like 8

Indexing our own maps is a game changer.  The best mod ever made for ARMA just keeps getting better.  Bravo fellas.

• Like 2

Yay! Looking forward to testing out the full update release later tonight and tomorrow.  Server issues appear to be gone, as I ran mine for about 60 hours with no freezing. 

We ha 6 men on in a nasty fight clearing an Insurgent town with multiple CAS runs, reinforcements, roadblocks, IED's and Civ interaction finding suicide vests.

Great work, Gents!

• Like 1

What does alive GA mean the GA part I am talking about?

Well done on finding the problem! So far so good on our public server.

And as others have said, really pleased to see that the community can now help index maps.

Very many thanks from 3CB for this update. :-)

• Like 1

Hey, I tried searching for this but couldn't find anything, apologies if it has been addressed before. It appears that even with missions without any ALiVE modules, the mod adds search and arrest actions on civilians, possibly breaking scenarios that are not intended to be run with it. Would it be possible to restrict this (and anything else that I might not have noticed) functionality to missions that are intended to run with the mod?

^ Your best bet is to launch the game without ALiVE loaded if you are not using it.  This is generally true for most mods, especially ones that significantly alter the game (ACE, etc).  A dev can correct me but I believe it has to be this way in order for these functions to work properly.

So, I have to Report a "bug":

As I reported on Discord I still have the problem with two pairs of helicopter spawning on the military base close west of the Altian Airport. Since they spawn on top of each other they just blow up.
Have not noticed that on any other Heliport in any other military base (tested most of them)

Also still have a Request:
Please add a "Code"-Line to the Artillery! Can't use them atm because I can't except them from VCOM.

If you have further questions...just ask!

Many Greetings
Moony

^ Your best bet is to launch the game without ALiVE loaded if you are not using it.  This is generally true for most mods, especially ones that significantly alter the game (ACE, etc).  A dev can correct me but I believe it has to be this way in order for these functions to work properly.

Yeah, it's not a massive issue and clearly I can't hold it against an AI behaviour mod that it modifies AI behavior, haha. But from previous experience (very little) with ALiVE some time ago, I understood the idea was for it to be unintrusive in missions it is not specificially activated in, thus not requiring any mod-juggling in case you wish to play missions both with and without ALiVE features. Of course, I might have misunderstood or the plan might have changed.

Well done on finding the problem! So far so good on our public server.

And as others have said, really pleased to see that the community can now help index maps.

Very many thanks from 3CB for this update. :-)

Thanks to 3CB and Apollo for the repro mission which helped nail down the server freeze issue.

So, I have to Report a "bug":

As I reported on Discord I still have the problem with two pairs of helicopter spawning on the military base close west of the Altian Airport. Since they spawn on top of each other they just blow up.
Have not noticed that on any other Heliport in any other military base (tested most of them)

Also still have a Request:
Please add a "Code"-Line to the Artillery! Can't use them atm because I can't except them from VCOM.

Thanks for the report.  Issue added for that particular base - I assume they are spawning on the helipad there?

Also feature request added for arty code line.

Thanks for the report.  Issue added for that particular base - I assume they are spawning on the helipad there?

Also feature request added for arty code line.

Yes, for me the first two spawn and soon later the second pair spawns in (and all goes boom)

Yes, for me the first two spawn and soon later the second pair spawns in (and all goes boom)

Try disabling the "Michael Bay" setting in the module  :D

• Like 1

Try disabling the "Michael Bay" setting in the module  :D

I don't think the helos blow up in a 360 degree slow mo pan around the exploding choppers with a Linkin Park song playing in the background. With an American flag overhead....at sunset.

• Like 2