ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Yeah, I think the biggest problem here is that Arma does not support 64bit...therfore, more than 2-3GB memory is not possible for Arma.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure, since many other using ACE don't have theses crashes with ALiVE shows, that there might be just this one optione/module from Alive that fs things up! And from what I see, this option should have something to do with "AI"!

Was this after GA release only when crashes started?  I think they made changes to the AISKILL module?  Maybe something to try...or disables ACE's AI PBO

Hi!

My mission Antistasi is not compatible with this mod.

Despite this I have some bug reports that end verifying the user has this mod installed and I spend time on it.

So I decided to make some automated check to endmission if this mod is detected.

Can someone give me a tip on a simple procedure to check if a client or server has the mod installed?

Thanks in advance!

Was this after GA release only when crashes started?  I think they made changes to the AISKILL module?  Maybe something to try...or disables ACE's AI PBO

No the crashes happen since 1.54 or an ACE update (thats my problem, I can recall)...but deleting the ACE AI PBO is a good Idea, will try that late (I use VCOM anyway! xD)

Okay, thank you. One thing... With Faction you mean BluFor/OpFor/Independent or NATO/RHS US / RHS Russians vdv etc.? If it´s the latter I don´t know how to get the faction name because or clan uses it´s own faction from a self written add on.

EDIT: Hopefully get the name via _faction = faction _object; And also hopefully it works with our own faction. I´ll see and let you know.

Yes, by faction I mean BLU_F,OPF_F,rhs_faction_msv etc.

As you noted in your edit, doing 

faction _object

will return the faction of a unit/object

• Like 1

Hi!

My mission Antistasi is not compatible with this mod.

Despite this I have some bug reports that end verifying the user has this mod installed and I spend time on it.

So I decided to make some automated check to endmission if this mod is detected.

Can someone give me a tip on a simple procedure to check if a client or server has the mod installed?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, you can check if ALiVE is running by executing this code

if (isClass (configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "ALiVE_require")) exitWith {
    //-- ALiVE is running
} else {
    //-- ALiVE is not running
};

I been looking through the wiki but can't find any info if it's possible to create custom made groups that alive will place and use. I'm using CUP NAPA and it works fine, but the groups are a bit limited for what I wish for. So can I add custom groups somehow using CUP NAPA units?

I been looking through the wiki but can't find any info if it's possible to create custom made groups that alive will place and use. I'm using CUP NAPA and it works fine, but the groups are a bit limited for what I wish for. So can I add custom groups somehow using CUP NAPA units?

If you create the groups in the proper ALiVE format, absolutely, you can create custom groups

If you create the groups in the proper ALiVE format, absolutely, you can create custom groups

Am I restricted to making configs or can I do it with a script in a mission? Or can I add a config to a mission without making it into an addon?

All I can find about this on the wiki is for modders, how to create compatible groups in an addon, nothing for mission makers.

I'm not used to all of A3's features yet, so I'm kinda stuck in "old school"..

edit:But it seems I'm not understanding something basic here. I just saw that the enemy (CUP SLA) had Urals with zsu23 spawned, and they are not part of any group constellation that I can see '[F2] Groups'.

How do alive choose units from a faction?

edit 2: I had a search and look in the old alive thread and it do seems like it's only CfgGroups. So I guess I have to make my own little private addon with extra groups.

The Ural zsu was next to a road block so maybe it was there because of that constellation? I assume the normal alive groups are taken straight from the CfgGroups(?).

Deleting the AI PBO did not help! Same as before!

@tupolev: just a small heads-up on your suggestion to change the group tag from BW FS into BWFS: that helped quite a bit! :thumb:   

Here are logs from playing, server saving and later restarting  with partially working persistence my modded Mission with ACE,RHS,BWMOD and a shitload of other mods alongside these heavies: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zm7e9htv3bp1hou/Kill%20the%20Hydra%20BN%20S%20TEST%20by%20tourist.7z?dl=0

I'll copy the post I made in the ALiVE forums when answering SavageCDN after he kindly informed me about your current quest to find the reason for server freezes and crashes so we have questions and answers available in both forums: 

SavageCDN
2 hours ago Moderator

Thanks will take a look.. there is an issue with servers freezing at the moment which the dev team is working on so hang on ;)

tourist18 minutes ago 
Edited just now by tourist
Hi SavageCDN,
the hint that tupolev gave me in the BIS Forums regarding the space in my group tag helped improve persistence a bit. Tupolev said that not only the full group name has to be free from spaces, but also the group tag.
Mine was BW FS, and once I had deleted the group and created it new with the same full group name (Fernspaeher) but a group tag without spaces, now BWFS, things went more smooth. I had various different results:

1) A game with my buddy reforger and me in my mod-heavy mission (ACE AND RHS AND BWMOD AND even moar mods...) on Fallujah: server freezing (Dedi on the same PC I use for playing as client) and crashing two times, then a working session of more than two hours where at the end the FPS dropped to unplayable 5 FPS. At this time I tried to server save&exit, but it was too late - the saving process didn't go through all stages and I lost connection to the WarRoom. Therefor, nothing persisted. On restarting this mission, everything was as if we never had fought :-(

2) A new game of the same mission with renamed PBO and reneamed mission name in description.ext to achieve full persistence reset: I played as only player for about two hours; stable FPS and so I decided to try my luck. I had succeded in a C2ISTAR task and had received a new task. I had driven with AI subordinates in a vehicle away from spawn location, done the first task, received the second and before going to it, had helped to repell an enemy MBT attack on the BLUFOR Base by commanding the CAS and some laser guided Artillery rounds via Darter drone.
After destroying those tanks I made server save&exit and that went through all the saving instances in a looong saving process of over five minutes. Then I shut everything down, did a reboot and tried what would persist...

Player location, equipment, health state: yes!
Player used ground vehicle position and state: yes! 
Darter Drone position: no!
SITREP Marker: no!
Tasks: no!
BLUFOR and OPFOR losses, i.e. the two burning OPFOR tanks: yes! 

3) I had no persistence success at all in my Vanilla Test Mission, not even with player position and equipment. But this test was done with the scripts for AI Teammate teleporting from Spyder, so maybe this was the cause.
In a nutshell, I have stability issues like server freezing and crashes, but at least I could experience mission persistence in the most important area, the unit losses of all sides, the positions of all units (except my AI teammates, but them spawning at start location while player has saved position from previous session is normal behaviour as I know, LOL!).
Best of all: persistence mostly worked in my cool modded mission! YAY!
I'm glad for the great support here and I'm really looking forward to the improvements of the next patch!

Best Regards,
tourist

OOPS, I realized when posting here I haven't uploaded and linked the logs/rpts to the ALiVE Forum thread...  I'll do that now!  :blush:

LMAO,  i knew i was going kick myself for saying earlier that me playing with the page file fixed the issue...and then all a sudden, BAM, crash via memory issue  :(   FML

• Like 1

I apologize for my assumptions because you know what happens when you assume... sorry. However, the only time I have ever had an Alive mission crash or hang up was when i input an incorrect variable into one of the alive modules. or otherwise built a mission wrong. I have no other basis for my statements other then my personal experience on my dedicated server, and the plethora of mods on it. that being said, I have said all i can say. I wish you all the best of luck. and thanks again everyone that is making this mod a reality!!

Noticed you are not running ACE - which is probably why you don't see the issue. At this point in time our testing is pointing to some kind of conflict between ACE and ALiVE with 1.54/1.56/1.57,

Hi, you can check if ALiVE is running by executing this code

if (isClass (configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "ALiVE_require")) exitWith {
    //-- ALiVE is running
} else {
    //-- ALiVE is not running
};

Thanks!

Noticed you are not running ACE - which is probably why you don't see the issue. At this point in time our testing is pointing to some kind of conflict between ACE and ALiVE with 1.54/1.56/1.57,

please read again as i am running ace... sorry for your confusion as it IS listed in my startup paramaters ... check again!!!!!!!!!!!! 

here ill repost and and highlight it for you so you can see it in the list....

class Arg
{
checkSignatures="-checkSignatures";
mod="-mod=Kart;Curator;Heli;Mark;@cba_a3;@CUP_Terrains;@PRKZ;@CaribouFrontier;@MCN_HazarKot;@panthera_a3;@isladuala_a3;@lingor_a3;@Nziwasogo;@CUP_Weapons;@CUP_Units;@CUP_Vehicles;@INDI_FIA;@Missing_Units;@Nimitz_exp;@JS_JC_FA18;@JS_JC_SU35;@FA18X_Black_Wasp;@lesh_tow;@MELB;@AliveServer;@ALiVE;@rhsafrf;@rhsusf;@ace3;@ruPal_weapon_holding;@acre2;@asr_ai3;@tpwcas_a3;@mcc_sandbox_a3;@L_Align;@L_Mount;@youaredead;@Disable_default_BI_missions";
servermod="-servermod=@noRemote";
};

being that there are no spaces and what not i can understand how you may have skimmed over it... but im deffinatly running ace... i also am running the ACE_RHS_compatability files... as well as ACE_AI... ETC... its all there and i have NO crashes what so ever... 

I want to add that i have been runnin ACE3 on my dedi since its release. I have been running Alive on my server Since its release... Zero Issues Ever... Again i must state the only time i have Ever experienced any sort of server crash or hang was because of faulty mission building on MY part.. I again hope you can find the issue for the others as i am not experienceing this issue at All. Good luck my Homies!

I dont get the server crashes as people are stating but I do have the memory leak issue were the server runs out of ram and hangs until a server restart is needed.

Im a noob when it comes to logs etc, so what log do i need to look at to see where this is happening or someone with any expertise can look see?

What would be the most efficient way to get an enemy count on the entire map when balancing a mission?

Generally I debug the AI commander but that seems to really only indicate HQ's (for Assymetric, at least). Marking all units from the tablet is pretty decent but the radius is pretty small.

Is there a "marking all units" equivalent but for the entire map or something similar I can use? I'd like to see total unit or enemy placement is possible.

What would be the most efficient way to get an enemy count on the entire map when balancing a mission?

Generally I debug the AI commander but that seems to really only indicate HQ's (for Assymetric, at least). Marking all units from the tablet is pretty decent but the radius is pretty small.

Is there a "marking all units" equivalent but for the entire map or something similar I can use? I'd like to see total unit or enemy placement is possible.

Enable debug on the Virtual AI System module

• Like 1

Hello!

Since the latest update my HC does diconnect if i start the server with Alive with the following message:

23:32:03  > You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.alive_sys_adminactions, alive_sys_aiskill, alive_sys_weather, alive_sys_gc, alive_main, alive_sys_profile, alive_sys_crewinfo, alive_sys_viewdistance, alive_amb_civ_population, alive_amb_civ_placement, alive_mil_c2istar, alive_mil_cqb, alive_sup_combatsupport, alive_sup_artillery, alive_sup_transport, alive_mil_opcom, al

The startup script of my HC is:

start "Headless" "C:\Server\....\arma3server.exe" -connect=127.0.0.1 -port=2312 -client -nosound -password=xxxxx -mod=-mod=mods\@bwa3;-mod=mods\@CBA_A3;-mod=mods\@CUP_Terrains;-mod=mods\@ALiVE;-mod=mods\@task_force_radio;-mod=mods\@MightyGau;-mod=mods\@ace;-mod=mods\@Leights OPFOR;-mod=mods\@RHSAFRF;-mod=mods\@RHSUSF;-mod=mods\@optional;-mod=mods\@taw_viewdistance;-mod=mods\@TalibanFighters;-mod=mods\@talibanRHSweapons;-mod=mods\@MELB;-mod=mods\@IWAR- Irregular Warfare;-mod=mods\@BW_Kleiderkammer;-mod=mods\@DAC

Hello!

Since the latest update my HC does diconnect if i start the server with Alive with the following message:

23:32:03  > You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.alive_sys_adminactions, alive_sys_aiskill, alive_sys_weather, alive_sys_gc, alive_main, alive_sys_profile, alive_sys_crewinfo, alive_sys_viewdistance, alive_amb_civ_population, alive_amb_civ_placement, alive_mil_c2istar, alive_mil_cqb, alive_sup_combatsupport, alive_sup_artillery, alive_sup_transport, alive_mil_opcom, al

start "Headless" "C:\Server\....\arma3server.exe" -connect=127.0.0.1 -port=2312 -client -nosound -password=xxxxx -mod=-mod=mods\@bwa3;-mod=mods\@CBA_A3;-mod=mods\@CUP_Terrains;-mod=mods\@ALiVE;-mod=mods\@task_force_radio;-mod=mods\@MightyGau;-mod=mods\@ace;-mod=mods\@Leights OPFOR;-mod=mods\@RHSAFRF;-mod=mods\@RHSUSF;-mod=mods\@optional;-mod=mods\@taw_viewdistance;-mod=mods\@TalibanFighters;-mod=mods\@talibanRHSweapons;-mod=mods\@MELB;-mod=mods\@IWAR- Irregular Warfare;-mod=mods\@BW_Kleiderkammer;-mod=mods\@DAC

Uhhh, why do you use so many -mod parameters, you can define them all in 1.. 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters

Are you running the server and HC from the same .exe file? If so, make a copy of your .exe file, they must run from different executables. (From my experience.). 

From what I can see it cannot launch due to ALiVE, may it be it can't find it? Only a suggestion though. 

• Like 1

Hello!

Usually this error means the server (or HC) does not have the required mods loaded for the mission.  I would try using this format for your mod params:

-mod=@cba_a3;@ace3;@alive;@DAC

Hello!

Your startup parameter really are a mess.

@Everyone: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Startup_Parameters_Config_FileHelps alot with keeping everything clean!

Those that have been getting that "THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE ALIVE PLUGIN!" RPT logfile spam problem are you by chance using some Linux distro as a dedicated server (even more so one with a 64 bit architecture)?

I had that problem on a 64 bit Arch Linux and had to do a few things to get rid of that error message and to get the connection correctly established to ALiVE mod's War Room.

If you answered "Yes" to that question I'd advise to take a look at a discussion that you can find from the official ALiVE mod forum: "THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE ALIVE PLUGIN!"

Uhhh, why do you use so many -mod parameters, you can define them all in 1.. 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters

Are you running the server and HC from the same .exe file? If so, make a copy of your .exe file, they must run from different executables. (From my experience.). 

From what I can see it cannot launch due to ALiVE, may it be it can't find it? Only a suggestion though. 

Oh paramters where wrong thats correct. (copy&paste mistake :( ). But there was also a problem with an dash in some foldernames e.q: @Leights OPFOR. A dash in mod folder names are also bad!
Now the HC works great!

I have a problem on file fnc_data Init.sqf and do not know how to fix it. The problem is that when the appearance of the killing unit or even one error leads to a server crash

12:45:11 ALiVE Global INIT
12:45:11 ALiVE Global Init Timer Started
12:45:11 ALiVE [m_0|30] Module ALiVE_sys_data INIT
12:45:11 "THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE ALIVE PLUGIN!"
12:45:11 ALIVE_SYS_DATA START PLUGIN: SYS_DATA_ERROR
12:45:11 Error in expression <peName _config == "STRING" || (_initmsg select 1 == "ERROR" && _initmsg select 2>
12:45:11   Error position: <select 1 == "ERROR" && _initmsg select 2>
12:45:11   Error Generic error in expression
12:45:11 File x\alive\addons\sys_data\fnc_dataInit.sqf, line 107