ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Just tested this :(

Helis still fly off and do their own thing.

Im using version 3 also.

Hey send me you mission file(via pm) and I'll have a look on it!

Since I haven't received any comments on my question in my previous post (see link below) I assume I'm alone with the problem where fired bullets and other parameters aren't tracked by the database and AAR doesn't work?

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/187954-alive-advanced-light-infantry-virtual-environment-10-ga/page-3#entry2979554

/KC

Hey send me you mission file(via pm) and I'll have a look on it!

Done :)

Since I haven't received any comments on my question in my previous post (see link below) I assume I'm alone with the problem where fired bullets and other parameters aren't tracked by the database and AAR doesn't work?

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/187954-alive-advanced-light-infantry-virtual-environment-10-ga/page-3#entry2979554

/KC

Post your details on our forum http://www.alivemod.com/forum/conversations/warroom-persistence

So, first time since the Release but I guess I should report it then:

I got a server crash again.
I'm still not sure if theses crashes are really ACE related (because some people already reported crashes without ACE).
I think its more that the game/server at some point can't handle any more spawning and/or caching of AI.

I have a mission (I stress tested ALiVE abit today) where I let many AI Units spawn (CSAT, AAF and Civilians). All went fine. But at some point (I was flying with the ALiVE Combat Support) the game froze and the RAM Usage on the server was raising each sec. When it hit about 3000MB it crashes with a memory related error (sorry, I missed to catch it T^T)

I'll now give you the mission I used. Be aware that you'll need certain mods to launch it...but for testing sake... To maybe find out what goes wrong I'll upload it anyway.
(Mods are: Euroforce, MCC, ACE, CBA and ALiVE)(That should be all needed mods in order to run the mission, if not let me know)

(Poor editing skills incoming xD)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4x7N57WyGnSaTF4NmhiVFNzeG8/view?usp=sharing

This is the RPT of the mission when it crashed. 
There are MANY entries and I don't know if something is going on in the mission or if thats due to the performance build #18 by dwarden!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4x7N57WyGnSOFNwR2U1dlFIRVU/view?usp=sharing

I'll maybe have some test with only ALiVE tomorrow but I am not entirely sure if I find the time! ^^

(Don't hesitate to ask me questions here, via PM or on Steam)

Many Greetings
Moony

How can you claim there can't be an issue with ALiVE and ACE in one breath, and then post a mission that's crashing that uses ACE as a requirement?

Anyway, I don't think anyone is proclaiming that there might not be multiple issues going on. It's just that the one you're referring to being discussed publicly and that's been replicated in-house *might* be caused by ACE, which is why Tup is asking for testers.

For memory related issues, I've heard Dwarden's performance binaries help with that. Are you using them? EDIT: I see you're using V18. My mistake.

Ehm, when, please quote me, did I say that there "can't" be an issue with Alive and ACE? 
At NO time I claimed that!
Anyway, from what I read I can imagine you did not read my post:

For memory related issues, I've heard Dwarden's performance binaries help with that. Are you using them?

I'm going to quote myself:

This is the RPT of the mission when it crashed.

There are MANY entries and I don't know if something is going on in the mission or if thats due to the performance build #18 by dwarden!
https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Anyway, if someone is looking for tester in this case...I'm up for that. Tell me what I should do and I do it! 
I always liked to play tester for people around the Arma community!

Ehm, when, please quote me, did I say that there "can't" be an issue with Alive and ACE? 

At NO time I claimed that!

Anyway, from what I read I can imagine you did not read my post:

I'm going to quote myself:

Anyway, if someone is looking for tester in this case...I'm up for that. Tell me what I should do and I do it! 

I always liked to play tester for people around the Arma community!

Yeah I caught the part about the performance binaries. I edited my post right after I sent it. You're fast!

I'm still not sure if theses crashes are really ACE related

I'll now give you the mission I used

(Mods are: Euroforce, MCC, ACE, CBA and ALiVE)(That should be all needed mods in order to run the mission, if not let me know)

I'm not trying to argue with you so let's just end this here.

Yeah I caught the part about the performance binaries. I edited my post right after I sent it. You're fast!

Thats how I'm....wait...that sounds wrong!  :P

I'm not trying to argue with you so let's just end this here.

And I most definitely will not so either but one word of (honest) friendly advice. Try not answer that harsch the next time. (Because without any reason you were pretty harsch...since I still never said that it "CAN'T" be ACE and ALiVE) There are people out there that are way more resentful. But I'm certainly not! ^^

Anyway, my offer stands @AliveDevs: If you need me to test anything, you know how to reach me! 

• Like 1

Can anyone explain me how to use the Combat Logistics? 

I just want to set up an enemy force (OPFOR) and the players (BLUFOR) should be able to request ammoboxes/vehicles or so. I don´t have a clue how to set up this correctly. The Logistic box in the ALiVE Menu is greyed out or I get some messages that the request is denied because the module is still setting up or something like this. In the wiki it´s not correctly explained or maybe I am too stupid to understand :D

Anyway, my offer stands @AliveDevs: If you need me to test anything, you know how to reach me! 

Repro the issue with latest perf binary (v20 I believe), ALiVE 1.0 (do not use ALiVEServer), latest CBA and latest ACE. Use -crashDiag in your command line on server. Go to our forum and upload your RPT (and mission pbo). If you know how, use ProcDump from sysinternals to get a memory dump when the AI freeze.

Then repro the issue without ACE and follow same guidance.

Send your RPT and memory dumps to Dwarden.

Much appreciated!

Can anyone explain me how to use the Combat Logistics? 

I just want to set up an enemy force (OPFOR) and the players (BLUFOR) should be able to request ammoboxes/vehicles or so. I don´t have a clue how to set up this correctly. The Logistic box in the ALiVE Menu is greyed out or I get some messages that the request is denied because the module is still setting up or something like this. In the wiki it´s not correctly explained or maybe I am too stupid to understand :D

For Combat Logistics to work, there must be an AI commander module that is synced to a Military Logistics module. The AI Commander must also have control of at least one objective and have troops to defend (so at least one synced placement module that spawns both objectives and units). Of course you must also have the Combat Logistics module placed as well. In order for Combat Logistics to not be greyed out, you must also be the same faction as the Military AI Commander described above.

• Like 1

Repro the issue with latest perf binary (v20 I believe), ALiVE 1.0 (do not use ALiVEServer), latest CBA and latest ACE. Use -crashDiag in your command line on server. Go to our forum and upload your RPT (and mission pbo). If you know how, use ProcDump from sysinternals to get a memory dump when the AI freeze.

Then repro the issue without ACE and follow same guidance.

Send your RPT and memory dumps to Dwarden.

Much appreciated!

Will do, either today or tomorrow (depends on if I can sleep tonight xD)!

I have to see if I can get a memory dump though... Never have done that. ^^

Yeah when using alive with ace and RHS etc, I have to resart my server after about 2 hrs as the ram on the server creeps up so high it freezes server. (only a 2gb server).

Been doing it for the last few months tho and I have had alive running flawlessly with all sorts of mods before that and could leave mission running for 15+ hours. I was putting it down to Unsung alpha all this time but since going back to my modern missions I got the feeling it might be ALiVE or ACE.

What you need me to do to help you out with info? Just RPTs etc?

Check out the ALiVE forums.  There's a large thread there about the freezing issue, with info on what should be tested. 

They're looking for testing with ALiVE, CBA and ACE or RHS right now.
It's looking like maybe an issue between ACE, 1.54, and ALiVE somewhere.

So, I'm about to head over to the ALiVE Forum to talk about my testing. 

I'll just want to hold hear to tell how it went:
With ACE:
Server crashed after about 10min

Without ACE:
Server ran for over 30min with no problem (the memory usage was never over 1750...it usually starts at ~1640)

My Conclusion: ALiVE and ACE are no friends!

With 1.56x right around the corner...you guys may wanna hold tight....  Just saying  ;)

With 1.56x right around the corner...you guys may wanna hold tight....  Just saying  ;)

Internal testing has included the latest RC

If i may also post up my recent experience with this milestone release....

my server runns MANY mods here is the startup par file..

class Arg
{
checkSignatures="-checkSignatures";
mod="-mod=Kart;Curator;Heli;Mark;@cba_a3;@CUP_Terrains;@PRKZ;@CaribouFrontier;@MCN_HazarKot;@panthera_a3;@isladuala_a3;@lingor_a3;@Nziwasogo;@CUP_Weapons;@CUP_Units;@CUP_Vehicles;@INDI_FIA;@Missing_Units;@Nimitz_exp;@JS_JC_FA18;@JS_JC_SU35;@FA18X_Black_Wasp;@lesh_tow;@MELB;@AliveServer;@ALiVE;@rhsafrf;@rhsusf;@ace3;@ruPal_weapon_holding;@acre2;@asr_ai3;@tpwcas_a3;@mcc_sandbox_a3;@L_Align;@L_Mount;@youaredead;@Disable_default_BI_missions";
servermod="-servermod=@noRemote";
};

My sever NEVER crashes running ALL these mods.  

If your server only has 2Gb memory ... thats your problem... I regularly see over 2Gb of ram used on my server, with alive missions going full swing. good luck all that have problems.. considering i have all these mods running on my server 24/7 I am almost positive that those experiencing crashing are experience user error... 

Also, it might be in your interest to try the test versions of the server.exe that is available in the "servers&administration" section

class Arg

{

mod="-mod=Kart;Curator;Heli;Mark;@cba_a3;@CUP_Terrains;@PRKZ;@CaribouFrontier;@MCN_HazarKot;@panthera_a3;@isladuala_a3;@lingor_a3;@Nziwasogo;@CUP_Weapons;@CUP_Units;@CUP_Vehicles;@INDI_FIA;@Missing_Units;@Nimitz_exp;@JS_JC_FA18;@JS_JC_SU35;@FA18X_Black_Wasp;@lesh_tow;@MELB;@AliveServer;@ALiVE;@rhsafrf;@rhsusf;@ace3;@ruPal_weapon_holding;@acre2;@asr_ai3;@tpwcas_a3;@mcc_sandbox_a3;@L_Align;@L_Mount;@youaredead;@Disable_default_BI_missions";

};

If your server only has 2Gb memory ... thats your problem... I regularly see over 2Gb of ram used on my server, with alive missions going full swing. good luck all that have problems.. considering i have all these mods running on my server 24/7 I am almost positive that those experiencing crashing are experience user error... 

Also, it might be in your interest to try the test versions of the server.exe that is available in the "servers&administration" section

I have had a 2gb server for over a year now and never had the ram go over 50%. Even after 24+hrs of leaving the mission running. Now after 2+hrs it creeps to 100+% so it's not my 2gb that is the prob.

I'll keep an eye on the findings on ALiVE forum and see where we go. It isn't that much of a hassle, I run mission and keep an eye on my control panel. When it creeps to high I save mission and reload :)

class Arg
{
};

It's not user error.

In fact, many of these crashes occur waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before you run out of RAM on the server.  This is a well documented issue that is happening to many many many people (including myself on both a TADST and separate dedi server).  

Okay, thank you. One thing... With Faction you mean BluFor/OpFor/Independent or NATO/RHS US / RHS Russians vdv etc.? If it´s the latter I don´t know how to get the faction name because or clan uses it´s own faction from a self written add on.

EDIT: Hopefully get the name via _faction = faction _object; And also hopefully it works with our own faction. I´ll see and let you know.

For Combat Logistics to work, there must be an AI commander module that is synced to a Military Logistics module. The AI Commander must also have control of at least one objective and have troops to defend (so at least one synced placement module that spawns both objectives and units). Of course you must also have the Combat Logistics module placed as well. In order for Combat Logistics to not be greyed out, you must also be the same faction as the Military AI Commander described above.

I apologize for my assumptions because you know what happens when you assume... sorry. However, the only time I have ever had an Alive mission crash or hang up was when i input an incorrect variable into one of the alive modules. or otherwise built a mission wrong. I have no other basis for my statements other then my personal experience on my dedicated server, and the plethora of mods on it. that being said, I have said all i can say. I wish you all the best of luck. and thanks again everyone that is making this mod a reality!!

• Like 1

Sorry i may not be helping as i run a dedicated server, but i also had recent crashes with ALiVE (Before and after GA after 1.54 rolled out).  After some research, i found the virtual memory seemed to be the culprit.  After changing these settings to allow for a bigger filesize, i've had success in multiple sessions already.

Again IDK if this applies to actual servers, but thought i'd share.  Good luck folks

Yeah, I think the biggest problem here is that Arma does not support 64bit...therfore, more than 2-3GB memory is not possible for Arma.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure, since many other using ACE don't have theses crashes with ALiVE shows, that there might be just this one optione/module from Alive that fs things up! And from what I see, this option should have something to do with "AI"!