ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Many thanks for work on Alive!!!! Congratulations for 1.0 release. Alive is one of essential mods we use to enjoy with arma 3. Really nice job to all alive team!!!

congrats on the release, any future plans about local database support?

congrats on the release, any future plans about local database support?

Yes, there is. Actually it can be done today but the setup and config is a little complex. We plan on announcing further details soon :)

• Like 3

When I turned on the server and start the mission in the logs I found one here error associated with Alive

12:52:28 ALiVE [m_29|202] Module ALiVE_sys_player INIT
12:52:28 "THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE ALIVE PLUGIN!"
12:52:28 Error in expression <ect 0;

_result = false;

if ((typeName _value) == "ARRAY" && {(count _value) ==>
12:52:28 Error position: <_value) == "ARRAY" && {(count _value) ==>
12:52:28 Error Undefined variable in expression: _value
12:52:28 File x\alive\addons\x_lib\functions\data\fnc_isHash.sqf, line 40
12:52:28 Error in expression <_missionName];

private ["_res"];

if (ALIVE_sys_data_dictionaryLoaded) then {
>
12:52:28 Error position: <ALIVE_sys_data_dictionaryLoaded) then {
>
12:52:28 Error Undefined variable in expression: alive_sys_data_dictionaryloaded
12:52:28 File x\alive\addons\sys_player\fnc_player.sqf, line 134
12:52:28 ALiVE [m_29|202] Module ALiVE_sys_player INIT COMPLETE TIME: 0.00598145
12:52:28 ALiVE [m_30|201] Module ALiVE_SYS_viewdistance INIT
12:52:28 0:10:43.751 (0) [x\alive\addons\sys_viewdistance\fnc_vDist.sqf:55] -ERROR- L Alpha 2-1:1
12:52:28 Only one View Distance module can be used
12:52:28 ALiVE [m_30|201] Module ALiVE_SYS_viewdistance INIT COMPLETE TIME: 0.00195312
12:52:28 ALiVE [m_31|203] Module ALiVE_sys_crewinfo INIT
12:52:28 ALiVE [m_31|203] Module ALiVE_sys_crewinfo INIT COMPLETE TIME: 0.0010376
12:52:28 ALiVE [m_32|204] Module ALiVE_sys_playertags INIT
12:52:28 ALiVE [m_32|204] Module ALiVE_sys_playertags INIT COMPLETE TIME: 0.000976562

What does your plugin log say in the @ALiVEServer folder? Did you register your server on War Room?

ALIVE_compositions_roadblocks = ["YOUR_ROADBLOCK_CLASS1","YOUR_ROADBLOCK_CLASS2",etc];

So do I create my own composition on Zeus or 2d editor and give it a class name? If so is there a certain way I should be doing it :)

When you say init on the server what do u mean? In one of the modules? And will it work automatically with asymmetric warfare as that's were I would like to change the roadblocks the most.

Thanks

Anyone got any ideas on how to accomplish this? 

Still cant figure out how to create a composition and are there any plans to make the RHS static date spawn in the relevant ammo boxes at factions bases? It still spawns vanilla ammo.

Thanks

Yes, this in your RPT is bad.

"THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE ALIVE PLUGIN!"

Test without persistence before doing anything else.

Expanding on Bamse's post i'm also having the same issue, i load up with @Alive, @CBA and @ACRE, on a blank mission, exported to MP, then put on a server, just a couple slots and Zeus, and ACRE breaks, however when i disable ALIVE the problem doesn't exist, 

Do i have to put any Alive modules down to fix? OR is there a way around?

Thank you in advance!  :)

woohoo. Congrats on going gold. And, thanks so much for making it available through a variety of distribution platforms.

Nice to see you reach this important milestone and thanks for your hard work and dedication!

Tried to set up a new server but have some issues I hope someone can shed some light over. I test with the ALiVE Quick start mission on Stratis and I can see messages in the Battle Feed like kills, KIA and disconnects. Also see the the welcome message on the load screen as well as the profile screen on the map.

Problem is that it only seem to log only a few parameters to the database but doesn't  record shots and others. Nor does it update the weapon stats at bottom of the War Room stat page and the AAR map is completely blank? Should I reset stats from my old test many moons ago and if so how do I do that?

Another thing I noticed is that I can only load the ALiVE Quick start mission on Stratis if I try to load the Altis version A3 hangs on load screen. Any help appreciated.

PS: Name registered are KeyCat and group CiC if it helps...

/KC

Hi guys, I know others have been reporting this already, but it seems that ALiVE is causing dedicated servers to freeze up.  After about 10 min to an hour everyone starts walking in place after no indication of desync.  I have tested this with just @ALiVE, @AliveServer, and @CBA and the problem persists.  I have also tested this across two different boxes.  It does not seem that is is caused by @ACE as others have reported.

My RPT is also spammed with this:

11:32:51 Server: Network message 839f is pending
11:32:51 Server: Network message 83a0 is pending
11:32:51 Server: Network message 83a1 is pending
11:32:51 Server: Network message 83ad is pending
11:32:51 Server: Network message 83b6 is pending

My community has not had this problem in the past, it only seemed to just start happening in the recent weeks, possibly after the 1.54 update.  I hope that you are all able to resolve this problem, as my community and I love ALiVE and wish to continue to keep using it.
  • Like 1

What does your plugin log say in the @ALiVEServer folder? Did you register your server on War Room?

I have no logs in this directory, and no registered the server to the War Room

You should not be using @ALiVEServer or the database functionality unless you have registered at ALiVE War Room.

Hi guys, I know others have been reporting this already, but it seems that ALiVE is causing dedicated servers to freeze up.  After about 10 min to an hour everyone starts walking in place after no indication of desync.  I have tested this with just @ALiVE, @AliveServer, and @CBA and the problem persists.  I have also tested this across two different boxes.  It does not seem that is is caused by @ACE as others have reported.

My RPT is also spammed with this:

11:32:51 Server: Network message 83a0 is pending
11:32:51 Server: Network message 83a1 is pending
11:32:51 Server: Network message 83ad is pending

My community has not had this problem in the past, it only seemed to just start happening in the recent weeks, possibly after the 1.54 update.  I hope that you are all able to resolve this problem, as my community and I love ALiVE and wish to continue to keep using it.

Thanks for the report. Can you please post your RPT, plugin logs and mission file to our forums - http://www.alivemod.com/forum/

Thanks

Yes, there is. Actually it can be done today but the setup and config is a little complex. We plan on announcing further details soon :)

thank you, sir! :)

great release.  congratualtions on 1.0.

Its been a while since Ive used ALIVE, but damn hell the battelfiedl feels amazing. Just trying to find ways to optimise perfomance but great release.

So I was just reading through the Insurgency information on the ALiVE wiki and I'm wondering if it's working currently the way it was designed? http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Insurgency

I've been playing nothing but Insurgency mission for months and months now and some parts of the wiki don't seem accurate based on my experience.

An insurgency will typically start in a high threat or 'hot zone' (loosely equivalent to a military TAOR) and seek to spread out from there to conduct operations across the AO.

I'm wondering how accurate this is? If I debug OPFOR OPCOM, the initial spawns are always spread out throughout the entire map's OPFOR AO. To the point where I can generally assume if there's a city with civ or mil objects, on mission start, it will be occupied by OPFOR. So much so that I generally know even which buildings OPFOR will spawn near in the missions I make. I WISH they'd be spread more thin at mission start the way this entry says it should but in my experience this just doesn't happen. Debugging OPFOR OPCOM backs this up. The entire map lights up like a Christmas tree with red. They don't seem to have any distinguishable starting point. Things definitely do spread out once I clear a town or two but this bit in the wiki really surprised me.

IED Factories - IED making facilities will be established in hidden locations throughout the AO. IEDs are the insurgent's preferred method of attack on opposition forces.

I'm wondering how long this generally takes to get IED placement going? I find that when syncing the IED placement module to OPFOR's OPCOM, IED placement is always very very thin. And even when they do start placing IED's, there's generally only very few placed and only in the heart of the cities. For me to get what I feel is like a realistic amount of IED's, and also IED's that are placed in areas outside of the towns when I'm doing my foot patrol, I need to add a second non-synced IED module, not only to give more of a sense of randomness (which is critical for IED's to disrupt BLUFOR), but also for a better volume.

Sabotage - insurgents will collect explosives from a Weapons Depot and set out to destroy or damage civilian infrastructure targets such as factories and power stations in order to destabilise the security situation. They will attempt to place 3 to 5 explosive charges near the building before moving to safe distance and detonating. If they are successful, this will have a high impact on the hostility level.

This one really surprised me too. I've never ever seen this. Is this perhaps because I don't play on Altis or Stratis? Never once have I walked into a civ object location and seen it explode because OPFOR was trying to disrupt the stability of the map. This detail especially is so cool! I'd love to have to start making sure certain infrastructure is guarded by my BLUFOR squads. Has anyone ever walked into a city and seen some key piece of infrastructure laced with explosives or better yet, seem OPFOR blow any of the objectives up?

So I was just reading through the Insurgency information on the ALiVE wiki and I'm wondering if it's working currently the way it was designed? http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Insurgency

I've been playing nothing but Insurgency mission for months and months now and some parts of the wiki don't seem accurate based on my experience.

I'm wondering how accurate this is? If I debug OPFOR OPCOM, the initial spawns are always spread out throughout the entire map's OPFOR AO. To the point where I can generally assume if there's a city with civ or mil objects, on mission start, it will be occupied by OPFOR. So much so that I generally know even which buildings OPFOR will spawn near in the missions I make. I WISH they'd be spread more thin at mission start the way this entry says it should but in my experience this just doesn't happen. Debugging OPFOR OPCOM backs this up. The entire map lights up like a Christmas tree with red. They don't seem to have any distinguishable starting point. Things definitely do spread out once I clear a town or two but this bit in the wiki really surprised me.

I'm wondering how long this generally takes to get IED placement going? I find that when syncing the IED placement module to OPFOR's OPCOM, IED placement is always very very thin. And even when they do start placing IED's, there's generally only very few placed and only in the heart of the cities. For me to get what I feel is like a realistic amount of IED's, and also IED's that are placed in areas outside of the towns when I'm doing my foot patrol, I need to add a second non-synced IED module, not only to give more of a sense of randomness (which is critical for IED's to disrupt BLUFOR), but also for a better volume.

This one really surprised me too. I've never ever seen this. Is this perhaps because I don't play on Altis or Stratis? Never once have I walked into a civ object location and seen it explode because OPFOR was trying to disrupt the stability of the map. This detail especially is so cool! I'd love to have to start making sure certain infrastructure is guarded by my BLUFOR squads. Has anyone ever walked into a city and seen some key piece of infrastructure laced with explosives or better yet, seem OPFOR blow any of the objectives up?

The "hotzone" that the insurgency starts out at is the location of the asymmetric opcom module. The first installations will be constructed near that area and the insurgents will then spread out from there.

If you leave an insurgency mission going for awhile with debug on you will eventually see sabotage missions carried out. They will show up on the map like standard installations/ambushes do. Once you see one, turn on civilian debug and you will be able to see the different tasks that nearby civilians are carrying out. There should be a civilian with the task of "Sabotage". Teleport to him and track him and you will eventually see shit go down :)

• Like 1

The "hotzone" that the insurgency starts out at is the location of the asymmetric opcom module. The first installations will be constructed near that area and the insurgents will then spread out from there.

If you leave an insurgency mission going for awhile with debug on you will eventually see sabotage missions carried out. They will show up on the map like standard installations/ambushes do. Once you see one, turn on civilian debug and you will be able to see the different tasks that nearby civilians are carrying out. There should be a civilian with the task of "Sabotage". Teleport to him and track him and you will eventually see shit go down :)

Yeah I've seen some remarkable stuff when debugging and teleporting. One time I saw a civ with an objective pop up and I teleported to him. He was on a roof of this house. So I go upstairs and see he's laced with explosives and he lit himself up and we both went flying as the building crumbled. LOL. Good times. :)

Regarding the placement of the Assymetric OPCOM module. Are you saying where this module is physically placed on the map makes a difference? The wiki doesn't say anything about this: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Military_AI_Commander

Congratulations to the ALiVE Devs for their 1.0 release! Thanks for your dedication to this massive project!

Alas, reading about all those cool possibilities of ALiVe makes me really really jealous towards those who can enjoy them to the fullest whereas I still can't get persistence to work

at all. :sad:  

So I can never really make progress in my missions because nothing is saved.  I had opened a thread in the AliVe forum describing my experience with the previous version of the mod already and sadly version 1.0 hasn't solved my persistence problems.  I have posted my logs and even a vanilla units mission there so hopefully a solution to this mystery will be discovered eventually.  Just wanted to post here to expand the range of ALiVE users who might have additional ideas of possible error sources preventing persistence for me. 

So I'll post my test mission and the logs obtained from playing with ALiVE 1.0 here as well:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3r6djdgwk7sk1v6/ALiVE%20Test%20Mission%20by%20tourist.7z?dl=0

tourist

Yeah I've seen some remarkable stuff when debugging and teleporting. One time I saw a civ with an objective pop up and I teleported to him. He was on a roof of this house. So I go upstairs and see he's laced with explosives and he lit himself up and we both went flying as the building crumbled. LOL. Good times. :)

Regarding the placement of the Assymetric OPCOM module. Are you saying where this module is physically placed on the map makes a difference? The wiki doesn't say anything about this: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Military_AI_Commander

You can find it in the asymmetric notes

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Insurgency

(1st section, 2nd paragraph)

An insurgency will typically start in a high threat or 'hot zone' (loosely equivalent to a military TAOR) and seek to spread out from there to conduct operations across the AO. The location of the AI Commander module will be the the centre of the insurgency zone and they will initially prefer secure unguarded installations nearby.

• Like 1

You can find it in the asymmetric notes

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Insurgency

(1st section, 2nd paragraph)

Excellent. Good to know! I take it I can literally place it anywhere of my liking and that it doesn't reply on any military or civilian objects like the placement modules do? I'm assuming that's correct because I've never seen an error when I place it sort of randomly.

That's cool. I'm thinking I'll see what happens when I start putting it in the Insurgent hot-bed zones which is usually much further away from my BLUFOR TAOR than where I'm currently placing it.

{     _x setVariable ["NOAI",true,false];  } ForEach crew this;

This seems to have stopped my helis flying off on their own when using ALiVE CAS an Transport modules  :)

Got it from VCOM AI thread

• Like 1

Excellent. Good to know! I take it I can literally place it anywhere of my liking and that it doesn't reply on any military or civilian objects like the placement modules do? I'm assuming that's correct because I've never seen an error when I place it sort of randomly.

That's cool. I'm thinking I'll see what happens when I start putting it in the Insurgent hot-bed zones which is usually much further away from my BLUFOR TAOR than where I'm currently placing it.

Nope, it's entirely independent. If there are no objectives nearby, it will choose the nearest objectives and start there.

• Like 1

Nope, it's entirely independent. If there are no objectives nearby, it will choose the nearest objectives and start there.

So when starting an asymmetric mission i have always spawned a custom obj with an infantry group and a motorized group. Is this not how it works?

Any time i just place the asymmetric commander down with a civ obj module I dont get any enemy at all. Does it take a while for them to start appearing or does there need to be some enemy at beginning for AI commander to give orders to?