ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Nice.

Do all of these downloads include the latest @aliveserver or do we need to still get it from War Room, as alluded to in the first post?

Should be included in all downloads too

• Like 1

@Moon_chilD

I haven't tested this yet (I'm at work), but you should put it in the Code box of the module. This code gets ran whenever the Combat Support unit respawns. In this case, I would write:

this setVariable ["NOAI",1,false]; 

Again haven't tested it, but in theory it should turn VCOM off on that particular unit.

Little Update from me here:
Thanks @S.Crowe. Then it is right what I did the only problem I have atm is, that the Artillery Combat Support does not have this "Code" field. Therefore (while they listen to my Combat Support Request) they engage enemies at will!

I guess the easiest way to fix that would be with a Trigger, hu?

I now tested it without VCOM but had the same problem. Now I tested it without HC and it worked. Therefore I expect Werthles' Headless Module to f thinks up. My next test will be Server and one HC with VCOM!

Edit: Tested and now I can most definitely tell you that Werthles' Headless Module is incompatible with ALiVE. The Combat Support is working okay with VCOM and just one normal headless client.
Though I really need to get Artillery ignored by VCOM. They engage Enemies that are more than 3-5 clicks away. xD 

Little Update from me here:

Thanks @S.Crowe. Then it is right what I did the only problem I have atm is, that the Artillery Combat Support does not have this "Code" field. Therefore (while they listen to my Combat Support Request) they engage enemies at will!

I guess the easiest way to fix that would be with a Trigger, hu?

I now tested it without VCOM but had the same problem. Now I tested it without HC and it worked. Therefore I expect Werthles' Headless Module to f thinks up. My next test will be Server and one HC with VCOM!

Edit: Tested and now I can most definitely tell you that Werthles' Headless Module is incompatible with ALiVE. The Combat Support is working okay with VCOM and just one normal headless client.

Though I really need to get Artillery ignored by VCOM. They engage Enemies that are more than 3-5 clicks away. xD 

Unless there is another feature from Werthles mod you are wishing to make sure of, it shouldn't be needed. ALiVE automatically balances AI across multiple HC's (if enabled of course!

When Calling in Chopper to "Land" (with Engine Active) they Land and immediately go in the air again.

If you're still testing with MCC enabled, try turning that off. I believe it has an auto patrol feature for aircraft.

Unless there is another feature from Werthles mod you are wishing to make sure of, it shouldn't be needed. ALiVE automatically balances AI across multiple HC's (if enabled of course!)

Wait ALiVE can Handle multiple HC's too? That'd be neat!

If you're still testing with MCC enabled, try turning that off. I believe it has an auto patrol feature for aircraft.

No No, as I said, I found the trouble maker (Werthles' Headless Module). The Combat support works now as intended and MCC does not interfere with it. Only problem is still the Artillery and the exclusion from VCOM! 

Well, a easy fix would be to physically place artillery units and sync them to the module and then in the init of those units place the VCOM code.

Another method would be to use a trigger like you suggested.

Another method would be to using CBA stuff.

Well, a easy fix would be to physically place artillery units and sync them to the module and then in the init of those units place the VCOM code.

Another method would be to use a trigger like you suggested.

Another method would be to using CBA stuff.

I wasn't sure if it is possible to Sync Artillery to the modules. I guess I just use this then! :3

The question I have though would be, do I need to sync these units to an vehicle respawn module or does the CS Module still takes care of that?

CS would take care of it. Details of how to do it that way are on the ALiVE wiki.

And yes, ALiVE automatically load balances between multiple HC's if they're available.

That sounds good. A problem I see now is, lets say the Artillery does get destroyed and needs to be respawned...in that case I think I need to apply the command again. Therefore I think a Trigger would be a better idea, but I suck at scripting. How could I do that the best way? (sorry for spamming your nice new thread xD)

Hi, Im just wondering how to activate the new static data that was added for RHS (does that replace logistic support vanilla arma 3 vics and static weapons for RHS ones?)

Also how do I edit the road block compositions? There are no options in the CIV objective module??

Thanks 

To Alive Dev Team:

Congratulation on the 1.0 release. Our group have been using your mod to create MP Coop Mission since the 1st AliVE release. 

Alive & VCOM Ai

For those who wish to disable VCOM AI controlling the CAS module, put this inside the Alive CAS Module Initialization: this setVariable ["VCOM_NOPATHING_Unit",1,false];

Hi, Im just wondering how to activate the new static data that was added for RHS (does that replace logistic support vanilla arma 3 vics and static weapons for RHS ones?)

Also how do I edit the road block compositions? There are no options in the CIV objective module??

Thanks

Should work with RHS out of the box. You don't need to activate anything and it should use the appropriate RHS assets for logistics etc. See here http://alivemod.com/forum/1665-alive-staticdata-sqf-for-rhs-v0-4-0-1

To create your own roadblocks use the following code at init on the server:

ALIVE_compositions_roadblocks = ["YOUR_ROADBLOCK_CLASS1","YOUR_ROADBLOCK_CLASS2",etc];

Alive & VCOM Ai

For those who wish to disable VCOM AI controlling the CAS module, put this inside the Alive CAS Module Initialization: this setVariable ["VCOM_NOPATHING_Unit",1,false];

Are you sure you mean "the Alive CAS Module Initialization"? Because that does not work for me. My Artillery is still engaging any Target on the map by themself. (Even if they are very far away)

I managed to disable VCOM of any other ALiVE CS via the "Code" field of the ALiVE CS. Only the Artillery is causing HUGE problems since I can not disable the VCOM AI on it. I even tried it with a Trigger.

Type: None
Activation: BLUFOR
Repeadedly

Present

Condition: ({(typeOf _x == "IP_B_MBT_01_mlrs_F_EFAltis");} count thisList) > 0;
On Activation: {if (typeOf _x == "IP_B_MBT_01_mlrs_F_EFAltis") then {_x setVariable ["NOAI",1]; _x setVariable ["VCOM_NOPATHING_Unit",1,false]};} forEach thisList;

I mean, you I could just go without the Artillery...but it would be sooo cool!

Should work with RHS out of the box. You don't need to activate anything and it should use the appropriate RHS assets for logistics etc. See here http://alivemod.com/forum/1665-alive-staticdata-sqf-for-rhs-v0-4-0-1

To create your own roadblocks use the following code at init on the server:

ALIVE_compositions_roadblocks = ["YOUR_ROADBLOCK_CLASS1","YOUR_ROADBLOCK_CLASS2",etc];
So do I create my own composition on Zeus or 2d editor and give it a class name? If so is there a certain way I should be doing it :)

When you say init on the server what do u mean? In one of the modules? And will it work automatically with asymmetric warfare as that's were I would like to change the roadblocks the most.

Thanks

I'm having some issues with Alive and ACRE2. I've tried a bunch of variations with different mods together with ACRE2, but as soon as I put Alive in the mix on the server I get quite a massive rpt-spam and ACRE2 stops working.

The main error I get absolutely flooded with is:

Error in expression < = diag_tickTime-2;
waitUntil {
[] call acre_sys_sync_fnc_perFrame_monitorFrameR>
  Error position: <acre_sys_sync_fnc_perFrame_monitorFrameR>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: acre_sys_sync_fnc_perframe_monitorframerender
File idi\clients\acre\addons\sys_sync\XEH_post_init.sqf, line 25

This is a bit more info: http://pastebin.com/5SxDQ3hA

I can paste the entire log but it's about 7000 lines generated in under the 5 minutes I was testing and it's 99% of the errors generated is as above.

As you can see in the pastebin I'm running a dedicated windows server 1.54 stable running the latest version of Alive as per this thread, CBA 2.2.0.151130 and ACRE2 2.1.0.811

Is there anything I can do on my end?

Please note there may possibly be an error in the updated staticData.sqf that crashes Arma.  Note that this has yet to be confirmed by anyone.  Will update with more info once I find out.

I just tested RHS_FACTION_INSURGENTS on ALiVE 1.0. It does not cause a crash, however, for whatever reason ALIVE is not picking up these groups (and just substitutes other groups for insurgents). Will work with maquez to find out why the new RHS ALiVE data is not working with this faction. Other RHS factions work fine.

EDIT: It appears the insurgents faction is broken, please do not use for now. Using lowercase rhs_faction_insurgents will hang your instance of Arma. Fixed in dev, will be in the next release.

As usual, any hangs, crashes or lockups while using ALiVE should be reported to us when you can reproduce with ALiVE and CBA_A3 ONLY.

I'm having some issues with Alive and ACRE2. I've tried a bunch of variations with different mods together with ACRE2, but as soon as I put Alive in the mix on the server I get quite a massive rpt-spam and ACRE2 stops working.

The main error I get absolutely flooded with is:

Error in expression < = diag_tickTime-2;
waitUntil {
[] call acre_sys_sync_fnc_perFrame_monitorFrameR>
  Error position: <acre_sys_sync_fnc_perFrame_monitorFrameR>
  Error Undefined variable in expression: acre_sys_sync_fnc_perframe_monitorframerender
File idi\clients\acre\addons\sys_sync\XEH_post_init.sqf, line 25

This is a bit more info: http://pastebin.com/5SxDQ3hA

I can paste the entire log but it's about 7000 lines generated in under the 5 minutes I was testing and it's 99% of the errors generated is as above.

As you can see in the pastebin I'm running a dedicated windows server 1.54 stable running the latest version of Alive as per this thread, CBA 2.2.0.151130 and ACRE2 2.1.0.811

Is there anything I can do on my end?

Yes, this in your RPT is bad.

"THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE ALIVE PLUGIN!"

Test without persistence before doing anything else.

Yeah I was wondering why when using LOP_CDF blufor I was getting random rhs insurgent t-72s spawning in.

So it's the static data causing this and not how I've set up the mission :)

Good to know, was wrecking my brain trying to fix lol

• Like 1

Tupolov: totally forgot some details, my bad.

After noticing the issue and reporting it here I made a new empty mission, on Stratis. The only thing I did to have it as "clean" as possible I placed 1 player, 3 playable slots, a Zeus module and a arsenal box, exported as a multiplayer mission and uploaded to the server. So there's no Alive modules in the mission at all, and persistence is off on the server itself.

Do I need to place the base modules for Alive in order for stuff not to break if I have it loaded, is that my issue perhaps?

When I turned on the server and start the mission in the logs I found one here error associated with Alive

12:52:28 ALiVE [m_29|202] Module ALiVE_sys_player INIT
12:52:28 "THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE ALIVE PLUGIN!"
12:52:28 Error in expression <ect 0;

_result = false;

if ((typeName _value) == "ARRAY" && {(count _value) ==>
12:52:28 Error position: <_value) == "ARRAY" && {(count _value) ==>
12:52:28 Error Undefined variable in expression: _value
12:52:28 File x\alive\addons\x_lib\functions\data\fnc_isHash.sqf, line 40
12:52:28 Error in expression <_missionName];

private ["_res"];

if (ALIVE_sys_data_dictionaryLoaded) then {
>
12:52:28 Error position: <ALIVE_sys_data_dictionaryLoaded) then {
>
12:52:28 Error Undefined variable in expression: alive_sys_data_dictionaryloaded
12:52:28 File x\alive\addons\sys_player\fnc_player.sqf, line 134
12:52:28 ALiVE [m_29|202] Module ALiVE_sys_player INIT COMPLETE TIME: 0.00598145
12:52:28 ALiVE [m_30|201] Module ALiVE_SYS_viewdistance INIT
12:52:28 0:10:43.751 (0) [x\alive\addons\sys_viewdistance\fnc_vDist.sqf:55] -ERROR- L Alpha 2-1:1
12:52:28 Only one View Distance module can be used
12:52:28 ALiVE [m_30|201] Module ALiVE_SYS_viewdistance INIT COMPLETE TIME: 0.00195312
12:52:28 ALiVE [m_31|203] Module ALiVE_sys_crewinfo INIT
12:52:28 ALiVE [m_31|203] Module ALiVE_sys_crewinfo INIT COMPLETE TIME: 0.0010376
12:52:28 ALiVE [m_32|204] Module ALiVE_sys_playertags INIT
12:52:28 ALiVE [m_32|204] Module ALiVE_sys_playertags INIT COMPLETE TIME: 0.000976562

I am new to ALiVE and don't know what the deal is but when I call in a convoy, the units either just sit there and do nothing or nothing happens at all. Is there something special you need to do with the modules or something?