Sign in to follow this  
Mynock

Unable to Update Workshop Content

A few days ago I published a mission to the workshop. I am attempting to update it through the mission editor with a few very minor changes like adding a couple of markers and another sentence to a briefing module. It continues to tell me "Process Failed. File was not found." It has only been 3 days since I published the mission, so I don't think a game update is causing conflicts. I am not running any mods while updating and the mission was originally created without any mods so there should be no conflict there. I'd rather not completely delete the mission and re-upload if possible as the people who have subscribed are going to wonder where the original went when they try to play it. What other solution options, if any, do I have? I've only ever uploaded from the editor, is there some other way to replace the .pbo through the Steam interface?

On an unrelated note but perhaps someone could answer anyway while they are here: Is it possible to block certain steam users from accessing my workshop content? I have one particular individual who likes to leave incredibly negative comments and negative ratings and it's quite clear he either doesn't play the missions all together or he plays them for about 30 seconds and then proceeds to come in to the comments section for the mission and rip on me unprovoked. Half the time his "feedback" has made up stories and observations that aren't even part of the mission at all.

• Like 2

A few days ago I published a mission to the workshop. I am attempting to update it through the mission editor with a few very minor changes like adding a couple of markers and another sentence to a briefing module. It continues to tell me "Process Failed. File was not found." It has only been 3 days since I published the mission, so I don't think a game update is causing conflicts. I am not running any mods while updating and the mission was originally created without any mods so there should be no conflict there. I'd rather not completely delete the mission and re-upload if possible as the people who have subscribed are going to wonder where the original went when they try to play it. What other solution options, if any, do I have? I've only ever uploaded from the editor, is there some other way to replace the .pbo through the Steam interface?

On an unrelated note but perhaps someone could answer anyway while they are here: Is it possible to block certain steam users from accessing my workshop content? I have one particular individual who likes to leave incredibly negative comments and negative ratings and it's quite clear he either doesn't play the missions all together or he plays them for about 30 seconds and then proceeds to come in to the comments section for the mission and rip on me unprovoked. Half the time his "feedback" has made up stories and observations that aren't even part of the mission at all.

It happened to me couple of times. First try to cut the entire description data from the upload screen in the Arma3 editor. Then Click publish. What happens is sometimes it busts when a huge description data is found. You can later paste the data (previously cut) in the steam page under edit description option.

If this doesnt work, then all you need to do is when you choose the old version in the upload window, it automatically loads all your data from the last upload, just rename the file a little differently. Example I was unable to do similar minor hotfix to my mission Al Inteqam there. It was named something like Al Inteqam_V1_4, so I named it like Al Inteqam_V_1_4. See the difference? It will overwrite the original and contain the same data without deleting it :)

Dont know why Steam is dumb enough for not handling such a small issue.

P.S.: A little google would have helped you :)

As far as ignoring an individual is concerned, I dont think you can block him from your page, you can report him to steam. However I am doubtful they will take any action. Try it..

It happened to me couple of times. First try to cut the entire description data from the upload screen in the Arma3 editor. Then Click publish. What happens is sometimes it busts when a huge description data is found. You can later paste the data (previously cut) in the steam page under edit description option.

If this doesnt work, then all you need to do is when you choose the old version in the upload window, it automatically loads all your data from the last upload, just rename the file a little differently. Example I was unable to do similar minor hotfix to my mission Al Inteqam there. It was named something like Al Inteqam_V1_4, so I named it like Al Inteqam_V_1_4. See the difference? It will overwrite the original and contain the same data without deleting it :)

Dont know why Steam is dumb enough to let the file name be.

P.S.: A little google would have helped you :)

As far as ignoring an individual is concerned, I dont think you can block him from your page, you can report him to steam. However I am doubtful they will take any action. Try it..

I did quite a bit of searching through Steam and google but didn't find that answer, so I apologize for asking since I should have been able to find the answer myself I guess. Thanks for your help, I'll give those a try, sorry I couldn't solve it myself.
  • Like 1

I did quite a bit of searching through Steam and google but didn't find that answer, so I apologize for asking since I should have been able to find the answer myself I guess. Thanks for your help, I'll give those a try, sorry I couldn't solve it myself.

That is totally fine. Thats what the community is for, eh? ;)