FL350

Usermission question

Hi all, I'm a long time Arma fan, started playing when Opflash first came out.

I'm having some issues with a mission I've made and was hoping someone might be able to lend some advice. I've created a mission using the editor, exported it to scenarios. It's a bleed tickets scenario with AI spawn modules and areas set up to capture.

1st issue: I'm unable to save the game. In the menu "Save" is grayed out. I've checked the difficulty settings and unlimited saves is on. Whenever I create a different mission and export it to scenarios, I can save it. However every time I add a bleed tickets scenario I cant save it? How does one get around this issue?

2nd issue: I have 999 set as the bleed tickets to count down, when I start the mission I can see how many tickets Bluefor, Opfor and Independent have. However as soon as I team switch or die and team switch, the tickets remaining boxes simply disappear, leaving the player to continue with absolutely no idea how many tickets are remaining. The mission is still continuing but no tickets are displayed, why does the initial player character only see this?

I appreciate any help you might be able to provide!

Thank you

Most of those modules are intended for multiplayer only and have "enablesaving [false,false];" in them.

What I would do is save as Multiplayer and then play as a LAN game with respawn rather than team-switching.

Thanks dreadpirate I just had a go at that. It seems on a lan game, the save option is still grayed out. Is there a way to adjust "enablesaving [false,false];" 

That might solve everything.

Thanks dreadpirate I just had a go at that. It seems on a lan game, the save option is still grayed out. Is there a way to adjust "enablesaving [false,false];" 

That might solve everything.

Even if you could enable saving, I doubt the scoring and so on would work after a save. Those modules just aren't designed with that in mind.

How do you want your mission to work? Maybe we can think of a compromise...

I'm trying to create a game where you start at the airfield, with the units I place in the editor, but the island is fully random populated with enemy. I have heli transport and artillery as supporters. A squad of about 30. The key being AI placement is random, that way no two engagements are the same. There could be say 5 or 7 objectives across the whole island. looking to set it up as a game that's savable and can run for a very long time. Right now I'm using about 80 random AI per team. So 240 players in total and the mission covers all of the island of Stratis. In this mission teams fight over natural features like mountain ridges etc as well. 

The biggest things are:

- Randomly generating AI continuously and having them carry out actions, Infantry, tanks and aircraft. (If infantry would occupy buildings the game would triple in realism!) 

- Being savable and long lasting, I only often have time for a 30 minute game and it would be great to run it like a mini campaign

Thanks for that! looks fantastic, I'll check it out, time to restart from scratch.