Sign in to follow this  
gza036

Air Combat Mission, G force blackout/sound effects

Creating an air combat scenario with some added features.

GLOC (G-force induced loss of consciousness) has been simulated in ACE3, but I'd like to incorporate it into my mission for non-ACE users and add some extra stuff. Namely, "hick" maneuver sound effects that I want to play while under heavy G load. <<<I think I can figure that part out

For measuring G's. I've adapted some of ACE's code, credit goes to KoffeinFlummi and esteldunedain.

This displays G's in-game:

_interval = .1;
_oldvel = velocity (vehicle player);
sleep _interval;

while {player in jet1}
do
{
_newVel = velocity (vehicle player);
_accel = ((_newVel vectorDiff _oldVel) vectorMultiply (1 / _interval)) vectorAdd [0, 0, 9.8];
_GForce = (_accel vectorDotProduct vectorUp (vehicle player)) / 9.8;
_oldVel = _newVel;
sleep _interval;

hintsilent format ["%1 G's", round _Gforce];
};

Please help me create the tunnel vision black-out effect.

I've studied the biki, searched, and tried to implement ppeffectcreate/enable/adjust/commit... But can't figure out how to do it properly.

here is a relevant part of the original ACE script if that helps:

GVAR(GForces_CC) ppEffectAdjust [1,1,0,[0,0,0,1],[0,0,0,0],[1,1,1,1],[10,10,0,0,0,0.1,0.5]];

if !(ACE_player getVariable ["ACE_isUnconscious", false]) then {
    if (_average > 0.30 * _gBlackOut) then {
        _strength = ((_average - 0.30 * _gBlackOut) / (0.70 * _gBlackOut)) max 0;
        GVAR(GForces_CC) ppEffectAdjust [1,1,0,[0,0,0,1],[0,0,0,0],[1,1,1,1],[2*(1-_strength),2*(1-_strength),0,0,0,0.1,0.5]];
        addCamShake [_strength, 1, 15];
    } else {
        if (_average < -0.30 * _gRedOut) then {
            _strength = ((abs _average - 0.30 * _gRedOut) / (0.70 * _gRedOut)) max 0;
            GVAR(GForces_CC) ppEffectAdjust [1,1,0,[1,0.2,0.2,1],[0,0,0,0],[1,1,1,1],[2*(1-_strength),2*(1-_strength),0,0,0,0.1,0.5]];
            addCamShake [_strength / 1.5, 1, 15];
        };
    };
};

GVAR(GForces_CC) ppEffectCommit INTERVAL;

Post-process effects would handle the blackouts i think. Iirc they cover a bunch of visual enhancements.

It's amusing to test the max G that different vanilla and addon aircraft can achieve... (or when crashing and it spikes to 100)

I don't suggest getting into a turning fight with the Su-35 which can pull 17   :lol:

yes, post-processing effects are needed, but I don't know how to properly implement them.