Alex150201

unlockAchievment command?!?

Huh...interesting.Never saw that before-seems like something a player would not be able to use...maybe it's just for Devs and was added to the wiki accidentally?

It can't have been added on the wiki accidentally, BIS added it but they don't give us information on how to use the command to unlock the achievements. Maybe someone knows the classnames for the achivements and wants to give them away? If so write them here!

That's not cheat, that's knowledge.

That's not cheat, that's knowledge.

^^^^^^My man^^^^^^

plus I have most of the achievements, there are some I can't get because I don't have the dlcs.

I think that only existed back when they were GOING to have the achievements be config based (check the config viewer for cfgAchievements,  theres a couple of them in there). Then that got moved over to engine side and the commands were left over bits that probably do nothing.

I think that only existed back when they were GOING to have the achievements be config based (check the config viewer for cfgAchievements,  theres a couple of them in there). Then that got moved over to engine side and the commands were left over bits that probably do nothing.

Probably.

I am going to check over there for anything left behind.

Feel bad for anyone who cares about achievements

I don't see why you feel bad. I am personally an achievement hunter in games. It's my decision to go after achievements.

• Like 1

Well obviously they don't want everyone to be like unlocking all the achievements in under 5 minutes, waving 'Hey guys, I finished the game in under an hour! Piece of cake'. I guess this is the other reason BIS wanted ArmA 3 to be on Steam (no offense for Origin users :P ), because it gives players a goal to complete something during their time in Arma.

Well obviously they don't want everyone to be like unlocking all the achievements in under 5 minutes, waving 'Hey guys, I finished the game in under an hour! Piece of cake'. I guess this is the other reason BIS wanted ArmA 3 to be on Steam (no offense for Origin users :P ), because it gives players a goal to complete something during their time in Arma.

I will agree with you bud, I am an achivement hunter in games and I try to get all the achievements I can when i play a game but unfortunately some achievements in arma 3 have to do with the DLCs which I don't own.

Most platforms require achievements. IE game devs cant put a game on Sony PS4 without achievements, same with Steam/etc. BIS was probably required by Steam to put the achievements in.

It would be interesting if the command still works for existing CfgAchievements entries. Being able to define custom achievements would be cool.

This is an obsolete command used in experimental Arma 2 Xbox 360 version. It doesn't work in Arma 3, unlocking Steam Achievements is handled directly in the engine.

• Like 2

This is an obsolete command used in experimental Arma 2 Xbox 360 version.

Interesting. I had never heard of that. I wonder if that had some form of editor.

This is an obsolete command used in experimental Arma 2 Xbox 360 version. It doesn't work in Arma 3, unlocking Steam Achievements is handled directly in the engine.

Thanks Mr. Moricky. Arma 2 was being tested for xbox 360 or did you guys actually release it?