six_ten

[WIP] Black Powder mod

Magnificent!  That's a fine sloop!  Is she big enough to carry a yawl or was it towed behind?

I will be keeping an eye on this one; it looks promising.

Hi, you got some news? Greetings from Lithuania! 

22 hours ago, Shizuaki said:

Hi, you got some news? Greetings from Lithuania! 

Asking for updates is against the rules, when he has an update he'll be sure to post it here.

• Like 1

Hi -- yeah still working on it -- right now, actually.  I'll post some news pretty soon.

• Like 2

Looking forward to this mod releasing has me and a bunch of others have been looking for something like this for awhile and are also considering of making milsim based around the American Revolution and would be nice to see this idea of happening.

I'm thinking about a general mod release, alpha or beta or whatever you want to call it -- there are still a lot of bugs to squash, models to fix, textures to improve, and things to add, but I think the mod might benefit from having lots of players try it out and help fix stuff, or at least suggest improvements.  What do you guys think?  Is it better to hold off and fix everything, or let some of this out into the wild and see what happens?  What are pros and cons of each way?

• Like 6

Testing REDUX in house cleaned up a bunch of errors.  Was nice to fix at our own pace.  Then we started closed pre-alpha testing with a small group, and wouldn't you know it, those buggers found loads of issues we never saw.   Fixed those, and went onto an open alpha.  Hit 96 players the other day!   Also found a ton of more errors we never saw without lots of people online.  It's nice to find issues at your own pace, but there are also things you just won't catch that lots of others might.

• Like 5

On 6/25/2017 at 8:03 PM, six_ten said:

I'm thinking about a general mod release, alpha or beta or whatever you want to call it -- there are still a lot of bugs to squash, models to fix, textures to improve, and things to add, but I think the mod might benefit from having lots of players try it out and help fix stuff, or at least suggest improvements.  What do you guys think?  Is it better to hold off and fix everything, or let some of this out into the wild and see what happens?  What are pros and cons of each way?

There aren't any major cons of this really, all it does is gives your mod exposure and helps you gather feedback and get improvements as stated. 

• Like 4

I would also think it would be a good idea if you did release either early alpha stage or alpha  so that we can test out and we as the community can come up with ways to help you out with this project and would like to see where this lead to but anyway keep up the good work six.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2017 at 8:03 PM, six_ten said:

Echoing what a gentleman said above about the idea of milsimming this sort of thing. From what you've shown us so far I'd say this mod is a superb piece of work and I'm also of a mind that releasing it as an alpha would be a great idea. Not only because I'm anxious to have a go at all the cool stuff you've worked out, but also because I feel players utilising the mod for a variety of different uses will bring out any issues or bugs over a massive spectrum much more quickly. Plus, I have no doubt that you will improve on the following you already have here!

Really great stuff, keep it up guys. Looking forward to seeing this released.

37 minutes ago, Sjt. J. Brown said:

Echoing what a gentleman said above about the idea of milsimming this sort of thing. From what you've shown us so far I'd say this mod is a superb piece of work and I'm also of a mind that releasing it as an alpha would be a great idea. Not only because I'm anxious to have a go at all the cool stuff you've worked out, but also because I feel players utilising the mod for a variety of different uses will bring out any issues or bugs over a massive spectrum much more quickly. Plus, I have no doubt that you will improve on the following you already have here!

Really great stuff, keep it up guys. Looking forward to seeing this released.

13 hours ago, bad benson said:

you might wanna let a moderator close this thread to avoid confusion. great work btw. can't wait to try the ships and units

Closed!