thornax22

Workshop Content tries to update every time I try to launch Arma 3

Thanks for all the replies guys, I shall check it out and get back to you when I'm done.

Well, I did everything that you recommended I do, and nothing's changed... :angry:  Real pissed off right now.

You have deleted the folder? AND removed all workshop content manually by unsubscribing? You know Arma has had a major update since you last posted here right?Are you sure it is not just downloading the EDEN update?

You have deleted the folder? AND removed all workshop content manually by unsubscribing? You know Arma has had a major update since you last posted here right?Are you sure it is not just downloading the EDEN update?

Naw dude. I already downloaded the eden update, but I turned my computer on today, (without changing anything since yesterday.) and it fixed itself. O-o Thank you for all the help, it's working fine now.  :P

• Like 1

Naw dude. I already downloaded the eden update, but I turned my computer on today, (without changing anything since yesterday.) and it fixed itself. O-o Thank you for all the help, it's working fine now.  :P

Glad to hear you got sorted out :)

You dont need to delete anything or unsub. 

Run the Launcher on ots own from the game folder. 

Then from there Click play, the mods will continue to download in the background.

Phew! I nearly cried when I read the second post about resubbing everything, which didnt make sense, as before i restarted steam the launcher was open and I could see the play button alive.

You dont need to delete anything or unsub. 

Run the Launcher on ots own from the game folder. 

Then from there Click play, the mods will continue to download in the background.

Phew! I nearly cried when I read the second post about resubbing everything, which didnt make sense, as before i restarted steam the launcher was open and I could see the play button alive.

That does not always work-I tried that when i had this issue and if you have a lot of stuf like me, it causes your framerate to jump all over the place while the large background download is occurring.

I had unsubscribed from all the VSM & Spec4Gear mods, which caused this issue just yesterday.  I cleared my cache in Steam and it fixed  the problem.

Issue started again so now I'm back to square one.  I'm looking for another way besides unsubscribing from all of the mods I am subscribed too.

Finally got it fixed.  Basically, I deleted all of my subscribed mods, cleared my cache and once I subscribed to the mods I wanted, it seems that its fixed now.

Edited by kman_(kya)
Issue Corrected

BUUUUUUUUUUUUMP
This use to be a mad pain in the ass for me aye, had hundreds of gb worth rip

FIX:

If your mods are updating through steam you can trick the shit.
step one:

make sure you have the download running. Then click on arma 3 and press play. A pop up will appear and then you want to tick this box.

Launch games as soon as its ready
81a5f9cbb4.png

step two:

Go into your download tab and pause the download
970e3aa910.jpg

And as soon as you've done that the game will launch :)
A mate showed me this so I don't take any credit it for this cheekiness!

Shizzly / MaccaWrappa

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MaccaWrappa said:

BUUUUUUUUUUUUMP
This use to be a mad pain in the ass for me aye, had hundreds of gb worth rip

FIX:

If your mods are updating through steam you can trick the shit.
step one:

make sure you have the download running. Then click on arma 3 and press play. A pop up will appear and then you want to tick this box.

Launch games as soon as its ready

step two:

Go into your download tab and pause the download

And as soon as you've done that the game will launch :)
A mate showed me this so I don't take any credit it for this cheekiness!

Shizzly / MaccaWrappa

Wow! I wish i had known about this earlier... :D Thanks.