thornax22

Workshop Content tries to update every time I try to launch Arma 3

Every time I try to launch Arma 3, Arma 3 Workshop Content starts updating. It won't let me launch the game until the download finishes, it is a stinking 9.2 Gigabyte download, and the funny thing is, I am NOT subscribed to ANY mods! Everytime I launch steam, it tries to do a 9.2 gig Workshop update, not even a regular Arma 3 update, an update for mods I'm not even subscribed to anymore! It's extremely annoying, and obviously, I don't even play half my mods anymore, so I unsubscribed from them. I've tried moving, deleting local content, then reinstalling Arma 3 from existing content, which works temporarily, where I can launch Arma 3, no problem, without any Workshop Content updates, but as soon as I restart my computer, or steam, same thing happens all over again. Arma 3 Workshop content tries to download with 9.2 gigs worth of updates, and won't let me launch Arma 3. :/ Anyone know what the heck is going on?

Every time I try to launch Arma 3, Arma 3 Workshop Content starts updating. It won't let me launch the game until the download finishes, it is a stinking 9.2 Gigabyte download, and the funny thing is, I am NOT subscribed to ANY mods! Everytime I launch steam, it tries to do a 9.2 gig Workshop update, not even a regular Arma 3 update, an update for mods I'm not even subscribed to anymore! It's extremely annoying, and obviously, I don't even play half my mods anymore, so I unsubscribed from them. I've tried moving, deleting local content, then reinstalling Arma 3 from existing content, which works temporarily, where I can launch Arma 3, no problem, without any Workshop Content updates, but as soon as I restart my computer, or steam, same thing happens all over again. Arma 3 Workshop content tries to download with 9.2 gigs worth of updates, and won't let me launch Arma 3. :/ Anyone know what the heck is going on?

Don't worry-I had this exact issue.There is a fix-but it may take some time depending how much workshop stuff you have..So-what you need to do is delete the folder(s) where your workshop content is stored.Then you have to go to your subscribed content list in steam and just start unsubscribing from everything. I had over 1000 missions so it took me about an hour. I know you said you are not subscribed any more-but if you go to workshop items in your steam profile,then subscribed items,they may still show there as subscribed.It was 9.2 Gig for me also-and as you say,once it installs it just starts all over again.

This will work though-delete folder,then manually unsub from your subscribed items list. Good luck :)

If I understood that correctly... doesn't that mean, after all that's done, that he has to subscribe and download again all the things he wants? Also, if one were to do the Workshop update download, would there be any further problems that you know of?

I'm getting the same issue, though it's 600 MB not 9.2 GB, and the only Workshop item I'm subscribed to is Leight's OPFOR Pack, which hasn't been updated.

If I understood that correctly... doesn't that mean, after all that's done, that he has to subscribe and download again all the things he wants? Also, if one were to do the Workshop update download, would there be any further problems that you know of?

I'm getting the same issue, though it's 600 MB not 9.2 GB, and the only Workshop item I'm subscribed to is Leight's OPFOR Pack, which hasn't been updated.

Yes-it does mean resubscribing to everything. You can try just allowing it to download the update,but as I said-for me once the update was finished it just started again.And he stated it happens every time he turns on his pc.It's not a real update-it's a bug. It taught me a vauluable lesson about deleting missions when I am done with them :)

I don't use the workshop for mods-just missions

Yes-it does mean resubscribing to everything. You can try just allowing it to download the update,but as I said-for me once the update was finished it just started again.And he stated it happens every time he turns on his pc.It's not a real update-it's a bug. It taught me a vauluable lesson about deleting missions when I am done with them :)

I don't use the workshop for mods-just missions

Okay, guess I'll be resubscribing. I only use Leight's OPFOR Pack from the Workshop 'cause I haven't bothered to get it off WithSix yet, though I will.

Okay, guess I'll be resubscribing. I only use Leight's OPFOR Pack from the Workshop 'cause that's the only place it's available, believe me I don't use any other mods from there!

Leight's is on Armaholic- http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27353

i was lucky-when I read the Daily Mail article that attacked Leight over the ISIS stuff,I kept my original file-so I still have the ISIS units that he removed :)

Slightly off topic, Just thought you might want to be aware Leight was banned from these forums for using stolen content from other addon makers, which why you will not find a thread on these forums.

• Like 2

Slightly off topic, Just thought you might want to be aware Leight was banned from these forums for using stolen content from other addon makers, which why you will not find a thread on these forums.

I was not aware of that. i do remember someone accusing him of using assets-didn't know he was banned.

I know that, yes, though I heard the whole event was a bit dramatized. Not sure what's really true. Nonetheless it's the best mod for third-world factions out there IMO, has loads of factions, and uses quality RHS gear instead of, say, Aggressors which uses a rather awful weapons pack. That is high on my A3 annoyance list, that there isn't a quality Middle Eastern insurgent mod out there that doesn't use A2 ports, A3 Offroads, etc.

So-did you try the fix?Did it work?

Yes, thank you! Though instead of manually unsubscribing and deleting all my Workshop mods/mod folders, I just went to the launcher, went to the mods tab, opened up the Leight's OPFOR Pack dropdown menu, and hit the button that unsubscribes and deletes all local content. Bit easier ;)

Yes, thank you! Though instead of manually unsubscribing and deleting all my Workshop mods/mod folders, I just went to the launcher, went to the mods tab, opened up the Leight's OPFOR Pack dropdown menu, and hit the button that unsubscribes and deletes all local content. Bit easier ;)

Ah yeah of course.I couldnt do that because it was all scenarios in my case.Glad you got sorted. :)

• Like 1

Don't worry-I had this exact issue.There is a fix-but it may take some time depending how much workshop stuff you have..So-what you need to do is delete the folder(s) where your workshop content is stored.Then you have to go to your subscribed content list in steam and just start unsubscribing from everything. I had over 1000 missions so it took me about an hour. I know you said you are not subscribed any more-but if you go to workshop items in your steam profile,then subscribed items,they may still show there as subscribed.It was 9.2 Gig for me also-and as you say,once it installs it just starts all over again.

This will work though-delete folder,then manually unsub from your subscribed items list. Good luck :)

Same problem. Fix does not work.

Same problem. Fix does not work.

Really? Delete the folder then unsubscribe from everything.Then validate integrity of game cache.It really should work.

I did. But I assumed you were exaggerating when you said to unsubscribe from everything, is that really necessary? 

• Like 1

I did. But I assumed you were exaggerating when you said to unsubscribe from everything, is that really necessary? 

It clearly must be if un-subscribing from only some content still doesn't work...

Well i had to do it twice in one month-it happened again.I I removed everything. It only resolved itself as i deleted the last couple of items. I'm not saying it will work for you-I'm just saying it worked for me.And the other guy a few posts above. You could also try reinstalling Steam? What OS are you on out of curiosity?

It clearly must be if un-subscribing from only some content still doesn't work...

Thank you for the clarification.

Well i had to do it twice in one month-it happened again.I I removed everything. It only resolved itself as i deleted the last couple of items. I'm not saying it will work for you-I'm just saying it worked for me.And the other guy a few posts above. You could also try reinstalling Steam? What OS are you on out of curiosity?

windows 7

• Like 1

windows 7

Oh okay-I was trying to see if it was a Win10 thing.It has caused a few strange issues like this for me.

No, no windows 10 (thank god). Well thanks for all your help, I think I'll just uninstall and go back to playing crpgs. I'm playing baldurs gate at the moment.

• Like 1

No, no windows 10 (thank god). Well thanks for all your help, I think I'll just uninstall and go back to playing crpgs. I'm playing baldurs gate at the moment.

Huh-my girlfriend just started playing that as well the other day. But don't give up! We can fix this! ;)

I went to great effort, clicking subscribe on all those mods. The thought of doing it again...

Mate-I had over 1200 missions subscribed-it doesn't take too long. :)

Mate-I had over 1200 missions subscribed-it doesn't take too long. :)

Now that is dedication. I on the other hand am not, I usually enjoy modding games, but this one is a bit of a pain.

Wait! Success. Excuse me, your fix does in fact work, I apologise.

• Like 1