Sign in to follow this  
J. Rainey

Retextured Config

Hey, guys. I've recently decided I want to get into retexturing clothing and uniforms, and possibly go on to make my own uniforms later (way down the road)

So far, I've already retextured the uniform, which was the easy part. The hard part is the config. I've managed to actually get the uniform into the game, but when I go into the Arsenal and select the uniform, I'm naked. No uniform on at all. Any clues on how to fix this? cfgWeapons and cfgVehicles will be below.

I don't know how to make a spoiler, so pastebin will have to do. Sorry :/ http://pastebin.com/G4nEHFZz

Honestly, It's probably a super easy fix, but I've just started so I have no clue what to do. Any help is appreciated.

Should be I_Soldier_B. Below is a config I did with a AAF uniform:

the CfgVehicle:

class TF2031_OCP_AAF_Soldier_F: I_Soldier_base_F
	{
		_generalMacro = "I_Soldier_F";
		scope = 2;
		displayName = "Taskforce 2031 OCP Soldier 2";
		nakedUniform = "U_BasicBody";
		uniformClass = "TF2031_OCP_AAF_Soldier_F";
		hiddenSelections[] = {"Camo","Insignia"};
		hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\Projects\TF_2031_Mod\addons\TF_2031_Units\data\textures\uniforms\TF2031_c_AAF_mcam.paa"};
		linkedItems[] = {"TF2031_OCP_PlateCarrier1_rgr","TF2031_fast_ocp","NVGoggles","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio"};
		respawnLinkedItems[] = {"TF2031_OCP_PlateCarrier1_rgr","TF2031_fast_ocp","NVGoggles","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio"};
	};

CfgWeapons:

class TF2031_OCP_AAF_CombatUniform_mcam: Uniform_Base
	{
		scope = 2;
		displayName = "Taskforce 2031 OCP 2";
		picture = "\A3\characters_f\data\ui\icon_U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_ca.paa";
		model = "\A3\Characters_F\Common\Suitpacks\suitpack_blufor_diver";
		class ItemInfo: UniformItem
		{
			uniformModel = "-";
			uniformClass = "TF2031_OCP_AAF_Soldier_F";
			containerClass = "Supply200";
			mass = 10;
		};
	};

Your Custom_Uniform class is actually a soldier, so it's a bit confusing to name it this way. ;) But that's not the issue. The uniformClass property in the soldier's (Custom_Uniform) class should be "Kryptec" (= the name of the uniform's class). The uniformClass property in the uniform's (Kryptec) class should be "Custom_Uniform" (= the name of the soldier's class).

Also, the model property in the Kryptec class is not supposed to be a uniform's model. Rather, it's a so-called suitpack – the folded thing you see on the ground when you insert a uniform in the editor.

For more information, feel free to check my guide.

• Like 1

Your Custom_Uniform class is actually a soldier, so it's a bit confusing to name it this way. ;) But that's not the issue. The uniformClass property in the soldier's (Custom_Uniform) class should be "Kryptec" (= the name of the uniform's class). The uniformClass property in the uniform's (Kryptec) class should be "Custom_Uniform" (= the name of the soldier's class).

Also, the model property in the Kryptec class is not supposed to be a uniform's model. Rather, it's a so-called suitpack – the folded thing you see on the ground when you insert a uniform in the editor.

For more information, feel free to check my guide.

Okay, so I figured it out, I'm no longer naked or invisible, the uniform is ingame, except the camo pattern is not on the right uniform, and I don't know why.

https://gyazo.com/4846e1ea917017293783b01e1d4b118d

As you can see, the template for the uniform I made, and this uniform are obviously not the same, as well as the fact that the uniform I was meant to be using has built in pads on the knees. I don't know where I went wrong to be honest.

So, what uniform you wish to retexture? Since you inherit your soldier from I_Soldier_base_F, you use Combat Fatigues [AAF] (\A3\Characters_F_Beta\INDEP\ia_soldier_01.p3d) which originally has this texture: \A3\Characters_F_Beta\INDEP\Data\ia_soldier_01_clothing_co.paa.

So, what uniform you wish to retexture? Since you inherit your soldier from I_Soldier_base_F, you use Combat Fatigues [AAF] (\A3\Characters_F_Beta\INDEP\ia_soldier_01.p3d) which originally has this texture: \A3\Characters_F_Beta\INDEP\Data\ia_soldier_01_clothing_co.paa.

Hey, I ended up fixing that. The uniform is in game, and for my first retexture I think it looks rather good.

Now I'm onto re-texturing a vest. I got the texture in game, that's working fine, but the armor value is messed up. I read up, and apparently the way armor values in the config have changed, so would you mind explaining what to do with my config to get armor values working?

class VestItem; 
    class Vest_Camo_Base: ItemCore 
    { 
        class ItemInfo; 
    }; 

class Custom_Vest: Vest_Camo_Base 
    { 
        scope = 2; 
        displayName = "LSMS Vest"; 
        picture = "-"; 
        model = "A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\equip_b_Vest01"; 
        hiddenSelections[] = {"Camo"}; 
        hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"kryptek_uniform\data\Marshal_vest_co.paa"}; 
        class ItemInfo: VestItem 
        { 
            uniformModel = "A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\equip_b_Vest02.p3d"; 
            containerClass = "Supply140"; 
            mass = 60; 
            armor = "5"; 
            passThrough = 0.3; 
            hiddenSelections[] = {"camo"}; 
        }; 
    };
}; 

This link should help with the armour issues you're having. Part of modding is figuring things out for yourself, you can't always have someone to hold your hand :)