Man, this is a huge disappointment... Since your first screenshots I eagerly awaited this.

I can totally understand that keeping up with the quality you made it's totally time consuming and only small progress is visible.

But you say that there is a quite low interest in your mod and that your assets are just a few among many others. Let me assure you that from my point of view Westwall is just an absolutely OUTSTANDING mod and (apart from the fact that there are almost no western front mods - hell, how many WWII mods do we have at all?? 3? 4?) looking at the feedback in this thread I didn't have the impression at all that no one cares (it's quite the opposite). As I said, my point of view - I was blown away everytime new screenshots came out. :icon5:

I thank you guys a lot for your amazing work and this dream of a Germany front / Battle of the Bulge setting - I had a campaign concept art in the Hürtgenwald, very sad that you quit.

As I fear that we can't change your mind I would appreciate it if you could donate your assets / map prototypes to another mod.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Undeceived said:

Man, this is a huge disappointment... Since your first screenshots I eagerly awaited for this.

I can totally understand that keeping up with the quality you made it's totally time consuming and only small progress is visible.

But you say that there is a quite low interest in your mod and that your assets are just a few among many others. Let me assure you that from my point of view Westwall is just an absolutely OUTSTANDING mod and (apart from the fact that there are almost no western front mods - hell, how many WWII mods do we have at all?? 3? 4?) looking at the feedback in this thread I didn't have the impression at all that no one cares (it's quite the opposite). As I said, my point of view - I was blown away everytime new screenshots came out. :icon5:

I thank you guys a lot for your amazing work and this dream of a Germany front / Battle of the Bulge setting - I had a campaign concept art in the Hürtgenwald, very sad that you quit.

As I fear that we can't change your mind I would appreciate it if you could donate your assets / map prototypes to another mod.

Well said. I really don't think there was any lack of public interest in this mod, at least not anything that couldn't be resolved with more and better PR. Everybody I know was hyped as hell for this mod.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Man, this is a huge disappointment... Since your first screenshots I eagerly awaited for this.  <<<<< THIS !!!!

I think this would have been amazing combined with the FoW western front stuff :down:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

AS Zhivets said, I think you all just needed more PR tbqh, I hadn't heard of this one until the announcement came out that you'd stop.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Undeceived said:

hell, how many WWII mods do we have at all?? 3? 4?

Thats what I was thinking too in my eyes there are only three, ww2 mods for ama 3:ifa3 which is literally just from a game with pulled assets, geist which takes the iron front stuff and tries to bring a little more depth and and quality, then faces of war but faces of war is primarily focusing on the pacific it seems. I dont think theres any over saturation of ww2 mods in fact I think this area is severely lacking. and in terms of public interest I would say there is a lot of interest for good ww2 mods. In all of my units that Ive been in during my mislim career every single one has wanted to do ww2 ops for like dday and the battle of the bulge but we were lacking the diversity and support for good ww2 mods that we needed. I also had spread the word about this mod and had a lot of friends really excited in the hope of finally being able to reinact battles. I dont think theres a lack of interest in your mod there was just no PR and most players look to the steam workshop for new mods not surfing through bi studio for upcoming projects.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Dummkopf said:

ooooo another ww2 mod. Good luck. 

They just announced that they've stopped development...

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

57 minutes ago, Dummkopf said:

ooooo another ww2 mod. Good luck. 

Haha, you're a little late to the party. Mod just got cancelled, quite sadly. :sad:

• Sad 2