On 7/19/2017 at 8:19 PM, The Norse Wind said:

Are ya'll planning on making a variation with snow?

I may be mistaken but I recall reading somewhere on this thread about the devs' intentions to make winter variants of maps. Seems likely considering how the Battle of Hürtgen went on through autumn and winter.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Zhivets said:

I may be mistaken but I recall reading somewhere on this thread about the devs' intentions to make winter variants of maps. Seems likely considering how the Battle of Hürtgen went on through autumn and winter.

Thats awesome I love the level of detail and work these guys are putting into this mod it really shows that they are doing their best and trying to roll out with the best initial release I am so excited

• Like 1

Westwall gives me hope for quality WWII assets in Arma. Now if only we had an animation replacer for something much more appropriate for the time period. Oh well. One can dream.

EDIT:

Raw footage of the last Deutsche Wochenschau that was never released. Plenty of awesome mannerisms captured in this. Also, this is well after everyone was ordered to do the "German greeting" or Nazi salute. You can see just how half-assed it was. Interviewed is a Polish Soviet soldier. The translator is a Silesian in German service.

• Like 2

On 25/08/2017 at 6:37 AM, Landrik said:

Westwall gives me hope for quality WWII assets in Arma. Now if only we had an animation replacer for something much more appropriate for the time period. Oh well. One can dream.

I was actually thinking about this the other day, an animation pack that replaced many animations in favor of seconnd world war styled ones. For instance the classic German run with the rifle carried in the left hand, or US troops with the .30 Cal on their shoulder.

I have no idea how feasable it would actually be to implement, and it's far beyond my skills, but I agree it would be cool as hell.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, [VW]Wrath said:

I was actually thinking about this the other day, an animation pack that replaced many animations in favor of seconnd world war styled ones. For instance the classic German run with the rifle carried in the left hand, or US troops with the .30 Cal on their shoulder.

I have no idea how feasable it would actually be to implement, and it's far beyond my skills, but I agree it would be cool as hell.

This would mean creating a whole movement set for each of these diffrent styles of weapon carrying.
Walking-Front
          ...-Left

...-Right

...-Back

...-Diagonal (Front-Left)

Sprinting-Front
          ...-Left

Same for all Stances

I guess you get the idea.
BI has one movementset which is already a huge pile of work.

• Like 1

Yeah, when you start looking through the animation viewer you realise how much work doing that is; not only do you need all the individual directional movements but you need them for three stances and four speeds, plus the beggining and end movements.

I think, though do-able, it ia too much of a workload for any one man (or Woman). The animations dont really bother me that much if I'm honest, I am happy with the gear. I cannot wait for greatcoats in winter missions. I love tweaking scripts and settings to get a cold weather feel, having dudes in coats would just finnish it perfectly.

@mondkalbactually is working on something like that (unrelated to this project) so you can see it is technically possible, but extremly time consuming
https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/DarkRadiantGrizzlybear

keep in mind that he probably made it easier for himself as it looks like he limits movement speed to 1 and maybe also some stances

• Like 4

All I did was take the original movements and adjust them. Took about a day for all speeds and stances. It is not _that_ terribly work intensive, but certainly requires a lot of knowledge about the subject to not fall into the many pits. Especially on the config side.

A WW2 style animation movement set falls into the same category. About 500 anims would need to be motion captured for a reasonable movement set. The adjustable stances are a minimal contributor to that number. It's certainly not impossible, but the mocap would still need to be paid for.

• Like 10

I throw shit up against the wall to see what sticks. At the end of the day, I don't produce content and work with what the creators make.

If anyone wants to tackle this, I can only offer advice.

Spoiler

Wehrmacht_young_soldiers_1945.jpg

• Like 2

That terrain is looking fantastic! as well as everything else! keep up the great work cant wait.. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, DonBlazer said:

Is the mod dead? The makers haven't posted for a while..

No.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, DonBlazer said:

They aren't posting here but they may be posting on their facebook, or maybe just keeping a lot secret intentionally so they allow for a greater outcome when the release goes out to allow the user to explore some of the new content themselves rather than spoil the surprise! :)

• Like 4

On 6.9.2017 at 9:21 PM, DonBlazer said:

Just busy, as always.

• Like 5

On 9/6/2017 at 8:21 PM, DonBlazer said:

tIt2PAB.png

• Like 6

Now, I know it has been a while since our last update but that is not to say our team has not been busy.

The talent GFelton has completed a work of art; 

Das Sturmgewehr!

graham-felton-screenshot108-folio.jpg?15

graham-felton-screenshot109-folio.jpg?15

More images are located HERE.

A lot of progress has been made on the terrain as well!

20170531004106_1.jpg

Be on the lookout for more stuff coming soon! We have some stuff that is nearing completion that I know everyone will love to see :f:

• Like 29

Omg, I just had some sort of nergasm! 

Btw, make sure to make the weapons able to take scopes. The German armed forces used a variety for most of their weapons, including MG34/42, Stg44, GW43 etc. Yes, I am knowledgable, and have studied the subject for more than 30 years. I would not hesitate to be help out when it comes to statistics, historical references or other academic qualifications when it comes to historical insight and education. I have studied history at the University of Lund (variations, including economical and military history etc.). I also come from a family with a long and strong German military background. However, I do live (and was borne) in Sweden. I have acess to a vast bulk of historical litterature and other references.

• Like 6

Nice StG! I am glad that we have developers from RHS working on this awsome mod! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Westwall said:

Now, I know it has been a while since our last update but that is not to say our team has not been busy.

The talent GFelton has completed a work of art; 

Das Sturmgewehr!

A lot of progress has been made on the terrain as well!

Be on the lookout for more stuff coming soon! We have some stuff that is nearing completion that I know everyone will love to see :f:

:icon_dj:

Masters of WWII mods!

• Like 4

Varying levels of bluing on separate parts on that StG... That has to be the most accurate virtual rendering of a historical firearm I've ever seen. Prima!

EDIT:

Any chance a sling pulled taut could be added?

• Like 3

Everything about this mod looks fantastic. Keep up the good work!

• Like 5