2 hours ago, Zhivets said:

I'm pretty sure that's an anti-aircraft sight.

That's what I thought but now that raises some eyebrows to whether there are going to be variants of the mgs such as static or anti air variants along with the obviously gpmg role. This just arose some questions to me at least but never the less it looks amazing.

• Like 3

@The Norse Wind

i prepared the model, so it can be used in any variation, that the Westwall team comes up with. That is why there is an Antiaircraft sight on it. It has to be done before implementing, doing it afterwards, would be bad for the workflow.

• Like 6

@kickapoo0

Oh awesome and thanks for the quick answer every little bit y'all show gets me more and more excited for the mod! :D

• Like 1

I own and have worn an original M43 "Dracula Collar" mantel. Agreed that the collar should be a bit bigger, but I've seen some variation - mostly with the size of the mantel. I can understand this model having it a bit shorter to keep it from clipping with the helmet in most cases.

[EDIT]

Actually, speaking of which, here is my father and I. Both are original mantel. M36 on the left, M43 on the right. You can see how they lay, how long they are, and having been lightly worn (walking around, etc.) how they have settled into place on the body.

Spoiler

1545601_494913597284987_692500602_n.jpg?

The buckles were supposed to be shiny metal underneath. They were painted, but it usually wore off quickly. Even for the Bundeswehr in the 60s-80s, their belts were typically wore clean of paint and they were a peacetime army. In all honesty, you'd see both. Same goes for the buttons. As for the length of the overcoat, that's a correct length. Too long and it's extremely cumbersome. Too short and well, not enough warmth.

Put simply, both the mantel with the field gear on top of it and the MG-42 with the AA sight are handsome. Well done, team!

Any chance we could get M44 field blouse with a turtleneck sweater? <3

Spoiler

d28a3bcccc94440c832e4ec53c8571ee.jpg

50f5aeab8fae48e5997b998af0958c60.jpg

6221149c19c5499d8c5a8ea34e030071.jpg

c9e2c4a0333442eda74923778ce5d293.jpg

29624fd941504dd6b72f0ba62335634d.jpg

a261b798f67649b6b5bee858592f8cc9.jpg

49c88c785f524c17a09e26f11b6ba9bd.jpg

• Like 7

@Landrik You are absolutely right about the collar.  It was a forced measure, so that there is no conflict with the hats                    

1090px-German_POW's_captured_by_the_U.S.

There is no reason to worry about such things as the color of the buckles and stuff, we have not done the texture for this model, I just applied the standard materials

• Like 6

Man, that MG42 looks so stunning, I can almost feel that cold steel by looking at these pictures!

• Like 3

Love your work guys!

• Like 1

Bilderesultat for ww2 German winter jacket

Will we get a variety of gear in the mod like this german winter parka?

• Like 1

On 24.05.2017 at 6:06 PM, Landrik said:

Any chance we could get M44 field blouse with a turtleneck sweater? <3

2 hours ago, DonBlazer said:

Will we get a variety of gear in the mod like this german winter parka?

No, seriously, it's good that such interest is being experienced to the westwall, we are really very pleased. But at the moment we can not give an answer. We have a big plans.

• Like 12

Ok, thanks i understand. I am confident that you will deliver some very authentic content and i can't wait! I simply can't believe this is coming to ArmA 3. I think designers of other mods, games etc. haven't focused enough on the dark end of the war which displays soldiers of both factions with all busted up dirty uniforms and tired faces. My impression of the mod developers has been very nice and i am glad someone share the interest of having such content available for the ArmA community and the ww2 community in general. Can't wait!!!

• Like 4

How far is this project done? In terms of assets

Man, if i knew! One advise. Don't ask, they don't like to be asked such ;)

• Like 2

5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles.

Spam will be fined with post count reduction, PR and/or WL.

The interpretation of the mods has consistently been for years that asking for release dates adds nothing to a discussion and is thus spam, sooo.......

• Like 4

So do you guys plan to realease the same way you did rhs? and when i say that i mean will you have agerman mod an amrican mod then later down the road maby other factions?

• Like 1

The mod will be split up into Westwall and Westwall Terrains, no faction split up is planned so far.

• Like 12

So is there a way to join the team as  a person who would be able to help testing of the mod?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chas gate said:

So is there a way to join the team as  a person who would be able to help testing of the mod?

You have a way to join the team, only as a content maker, and  work 24/7 without days off, holidays and lunch breaks :smile_o:

• Like 8