On 23.02.2017 at 4:24 AM, Zhivets said:

Unfortunately, the SS runes will probably be censored.

WTF? It is a mod - not a game. Even if it's a game - rise your rating to 18+ and there will be no problems. (See Wolfenstein with 10 swasticas in 1 square meter)

6 hours ago, Rayko said:

WTF? It is a mod - not a game. Even if it's a game - rise your rating to 18+ and there will be no problems. (Se Wolfenstein with 10 swasticas in 1 square meter)

This has already been discussed before. It has to do with an old provision in German law. Full game or not, it won't pass the average cop test. If there are swastikas, they'll be in an optional PBO

16 minutes ago, Hvymtal said:

This has already been discussed before. It has to do with an old provision in German law. Full game or not, it won't pass the average cop test. If there are swastikas, they'll be in an optional PBO

:rofl:Didn't expect this from germans... Even in Russia they know the difference between propaganda and historical recreation...

• Like 3

This law has been on the books for decades. If it were the law in any country, it wouldn't pass the average cop test

I thought it was just the Swastikas that were banned not the SS symbol but Im not sure

The most N*** German Symbols are only forbidden to spread and make use of(in Germany ;D), if they lie in a box it doesnt care anyone.^^  It only means nobody in Ger should host a server or provide a download.

Cool pictures of the mines and other stuff.

IFA3 is a very popular WW2 mod right now and that mod/game isn't censored.

Yeah I also don't think it should be censored but either way still a cool mod definitely looking forward to it, Im curious to see how you guys implement new mine systems.

17 minutes ago, miketim said:

Cool pictures of the mines and other stuff.

IFA3 is a very popular WW2 mod right now and that mod/game isn't censored.

Yeah I also don't think it should be censored but either way still a cool mod definitely looking forward to it, Im curious to see how you guys implement new mine systems.

IFA3 is censored. Swastikas on the flags are replaced with crosses. 

Our current builds have swastikas and runes, but we'll censor/hide the offending content for our normal Steam WS release. That being said, we're considering creating an additional .pbo that readds this content and hosting it on our own space.

• Like 8

14 hours ago, gurdy said:

Our current builds have swastikas and runes, but we'll censor/hide the offending content for our normal Steam WS release. That being said, we're considering creating an additional .pbo that readds this content and hosting it on our own space.

That's good to hear.

Also, I saw in some earlier pictures you released of the German helmets that you've replaced the Swastika with a large white square of some sort.

Have you thought about maybe keeping the swastika but perhaps adding some fading marks and chipping away at one of the prongs so that it looks less obnoxious than a big white square, but still couldn't really be considered a swastika officially, but more like a dismembered version of one? Forgive me if you can't understand what I'm trying to put forward here, it's hard to describe what I mean.

Yeah I noticed the square thing on the helmets on the pictures, great models by the way. :)

If you were to make an optional PBO, would that kind of thing affect multiplayer compatibility (ie: add diff items) or just replace the textures? Im not quite sure how that would work in the arma engine, Thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gurdy said:

I really hope you decide to take this route. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, miketim said:

Yeah I noticed the square thing on the helmets on the pictures, great models by the way. :)

If you were to make an optional PBO, would that kind of thing affect multiplayer compatibility (ie: add diff items) or just replace the textures? Im not quite sure how that would work in the arma engine, Thanks.

Not at all.

• Like 2

You could replace the Swastika with the Iron Cross in the WS release. Anyway, you guys have probably already considered it and decided on what to use :) looking forward to the first release

13 hours ago, gurdy said:

Glad to hear this. While non historical markings wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me, it's awesome to hear you guys will go the extra mile for us :D

• Like 1

if the pbo just replaces or adds skins etc it would not have any playability effect; the "core" files will still have whatever substitute or nothing (for the lolz I kind of recommend the double Xs from Chaplin's The Great Dictator) and thus correct texture files. Besides, the sensitivity surrounding the European swastika would alienate many people if it were default, as well, historical or not. This is the best of both worlds and definitely the cleanest solution

• Like 1

Details, details. The modding team will figure it out for the German/French/Whoever-else version.

Love to see what's coming next. ;)

• Like 1

Hey guys I just saw that image of this (I think a US?) radio that you guys had modeled, wondering if you guys had any plans for ACRE features with that stuff? That would be pretty cool.

clima_x has been hard at work on some German uniform pieces--check out his jack boot! If you want to see more of his work, check out his ArtStation here: https://www.artstation.com/artist/clima_x  and his project War Plan Blue here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/193589-war-plan-blue-wpb/ Thank you so much for all of your help!

y5k2idZ.jpg

BrI7zMj.jpg

• Like 19

7 hours ago, gurdy said:

clima_x has been hard at work on some German uniform pieces--check out his jack boot! If you want to see more of his work, check out his ArtStation here: https://www.artstation.com/artist/clima_x  and his project War Plan Blue here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/193589-war-plan-blue-wpb/ Thank you so much for all of your help!

Like a real one. Absolutely stunning work. :thumbsup:

9 hours ago, gurdy said:

Looks great! I own a pair exactly like that for reenacting.

One thing to note though: leather jackboots were officially phased out and stopped production in 1943, so I hope you'll add ankle boots and gaiters as well.

4 hours ago, Zhivets said:

leather jackboots were officially phased out and stopped production in 1943, so I hope you'll add ankle boots and gaiters as well.

Boots and gaiters was going to be done by another person, but I have one interesting idea

• Like 1