29 minutes ago, CannonJames said:

So you are making a WW2 mod without the brits? Ok then...

I'm not part of the westwall team and I'm not speaking on their behalf, but the modteam here stated that they want to make a mod about a particular area and time in WW2 and brits are, at least for now, out of scope. As always you don't have to play what you don't like, you didn't pay a single cent for it so the modteam can do whatever they want to with their mod. And you will most likely get such answers in almost every mods section on this forum, this isn't the steam workshop.:f:

• Like 4

Not to mention that they are also excluding the French, the Japanese, the Soviets, the ANZACs, the Canadians... While high-quality british assets would be lovely (Mk 3 helmet and HSAT would be da shit) they're doing a time and place specific to the US and Germany

7 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

Not to mention that they are also excluding the French, the Japanese, the Soviets, the ANZACs, the Canadians... While high-quality british assets would be lovely (Mk 3 helmet and HSAT would be da shit) they're doing a time and place specific to the US and Germany

your forgetting the Italians xD

And yes, they do make what they wanna make, even with germany and US alone the possibilities are endless in terms of equipment and gear.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, k4ble said:

your forgetting the Italians xD

And yes, they do make what they wanna make, even with germany and US alone the possibilities are endless in terms of equipment and gear.

And the Hungarians and the Romanians and the Slovaks...

There are so many factions involved in WWII that it's impossible to please everyone.

10 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

Uhm...didn't they say they want to actually include the French as one of their mein goals, because they wanted to put Germans and the German Volksstrum against US americans and the Resistance, wich I still find a really good idea. I so would love to see WW2 Insurgency gameplay from that.

7 minutes ago, paramedic said:

Uhm...didn't they say they want to actually include the French as one of their mein goals, because they wanted to put Germans and the German Volksstrum against US americans and the Resistance, wich I still find a really good idea. I so would love to see WW2 Insurgency gameplay from that.

I'm pretty sure they're actually the Free French Army, not French resistance.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zhivets said:

I'm pretty sure they're actually the Free French Army, not French resistance.

Hmm... I really wish the modteam would update their entry post, to get all info on there that they have provided in this thread. Would maybe help to clarify some things. But you may be right Zhivets or we both may be right and they include both as their longer term goal. I don't really know that one anymore.

I just know french would be involved and remembered the debate that followed the announcement.

• Like 1

The French resistance was in... France. France was liberated in August 44. Westwall is Western Germany in 45.

• Like 1

Just now, war_lord said:

The French resistance was in... France. France was liberated in August 44.

Yes, it wouldn't make sense for the French Resistance to be making offensive moves into Germany. I'm sure it's the Free French Army since they actually fought in Germany. I think it was confirmed before somewhere on this thread too.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, war_lord said:

The French resistance was in... France. France was liberated in August 44. Westwall is Western Germany in 45.

Makes sense, thanks. Did the french have more british or american equipment(helmets, weapons, etc.) or did they manage to get a part of their own arms industy up and running again by that time? I'm not that well informed on the western front during that time and now I'm curious.

24 minutes ago, paramedic said:

Makes sense, thanks. Did the french have more british or american equipment(helmets, weapons, etc.) or did they manage to get a part of their own arms industy up and running again by that time? I'm not that well informed on the western front during that time and now I'm curious.

In most pictures I've seen of them they are wearing French helmets. I'm not too sure about the uniforms and weaponry, but I imagine they would have used captured equipment from the Vichy army and they probably would've had equipment supplements from the Allies.

26 minutes ago, paramedic said:

I probably know about as much as you do. I do know there was a large amount of American equipment given to the French, particularly Sherman Tanks to fill out the two French armored divisions. There was a hardened core of men who had fought as part of the African campaign conducted by the French colonial forces in Africa. But I would assume looking at how quickly they expanded the army that there was a significant amount of lend-lease going on. But yes, there was probably still a lot of French equipment lying around France, remember that the French army in 1940 was armed for a long trench war, not the lightning fast capture of Paris. 

Okay, I just looked it up, they really had their old Adrian Helmets, partially with nettings on it, and a lot of other things that didn't differ that much from the WW 1 equipment, like their trench coats. Very interesting, I may just have to see what I can dig up about it in the archive/library. I spent weeks in there last time I did the preperation for a P&P WW 1 roleplay campaign with friends following the story of a local unit.

Edit: Sorry, didn't want to spam the thread.

Edited by paramedic
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cpl.Archer said:

Cant wait for a WW2 mod with free high quality textures

There's always Faces of War to hold you over while waiting for the first West Wall release.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zhivets said:

There's always Faces of War to hold you over while waiting for the first West Wall release.

Havent seen this before, very interesting

• Like 2

Hello everyone! Sorry it has been so long since the last update, but we’ve been doing a lot of work that isn’t well showcased in renders. That being said, we have some renders today!

For the past few weeks, I have been working to replace older placeholder assets, create missing mines and bring them all up to spec in conjunction with Lappihuan’s work on mine disarming behavior, which we will be showing soon. I have prepared some renders of our AP Bounding mines, as well as a diagram that demonstrates their bounding behavior. And, of course, a WIP pic of our M3 AP mine and the Mk II boobytrap.

U54VVoU.png

yJDptaY.png

wlxXBmQ.png

KnOZKGD.png

GqYEwYa.jpg

fVI6kWa.jpg

The S-Mine 35, S-Mine 44, M2A3B, M3, and Mk II trap all come in both pressure-only and pressure/tripwire combination setups, and feature a tripwire length of 2m.

--

Hi there (:

A couple of pages back I read you were going to make different iteration of the K98k, that was builds from '43 and '44 late war production models.
Now I wondered, whether earlier variants like the G98 and K98a/ K98b, which were partially handed out from reserve weapon stocks at the end of the war,
are considered as well. Surely not in the first release, but rather somewhere down the road. This is not a request, just me asking what "variants" entails.

Keep up the good work and stay well :)

~

Hello! While this is pretty far off, here's my super-loose running list.

K98k (Long Side Rail ZF39)

K98k (High Turret ZF39)

K98k (ZF41/1)

K98k Kriegsmodell

Out of those, the most likely one to see soon is the one with the ZF41 rail. Older rifles are possible (and very interesting), but right now they'd be a fair way into the future. I also want to do a K98k with a ZF4 but that's stuck in a similar position as well. :(

• Like 12

Will these have Factions,with the gear separate so to speak ,so we can use the mines and so on in a present day setting,without only WW-2 stuff?

Can we actually hide the mines now?  From AI?

A Doge T214-WC56 Command and Recon car would be a neat feature...Willys Jeep and a motorcycle will look great in this,may be some way to make the Acre radios break down in various places.Then we will need these cars for Comms.

Will these things in this mod be as real as one can make them?  Just discovered this thread....Looks surreal.And amazing.

The mines won't be standalone from the mod, but you can load westwall and use its mines awell as the mine disarming system along with all the modern equipment.
The mine disarming system should be fully compatible with all vanilla and third party mines.

• Like 1

Beautiful model quality. I can't wait to get my hands on the mod. Do you think for your next update you might be able to give us a small peek at the German uniforms?

Also, I'm glad to know you might be adding the Kriegsmodell variant of the K98.

I'm not at all a fan of the ones with the sight-hoods and I prefer the early/pre-war and Kriegsmodell variants that exclude them.

Can you maybe get some donated stuff from IFA3,I mean the planes? Or from Dustsabre`s mod?  Btw,with the great heightmap,maybe able to sync a module to the planes with some way to part the map into Fly-zone and No-Fly-zone and make N-S-W-E Ip for the planes and add height restrictions how low planes can safely fly in parts of this map.

That way ,we can get close to real air attacks as they were in WW-2.Like a scripted Call of Duty episode. 

Work looks amazing and I am so excited for this first release I am finding myself looking on the forums everyday to see if I can get another tad bit of information or another sneak peak. Quick question, are yall working on releasing with Mg34 or Mg42 for the germans and will there be any SS?

12 minutes ago, The Norse Wind said:

Work looks amazing and I am so excited for this first release I am finding myself looking on the forums everyday to see if I can get another tad bit of information or another sneak peak. Quick question, are yall working on releasing with Mg34 or Mg42 for the germans and will there be any SS?

They released some images of German headgear in the past that included Waffen SS caps, so I'd presume they'll be included as well. Unfortunately, the SS runes will probably be censored.

I'd imagine the MG34 or MG42 will come at some point. I highly doubt they'd exclude LMGs from the mod.