So excited for this mod the Models that are on showcase are probably some of the best i have seen in the past few years for any mod, Look forward to playing this best of luck with your work.

Holy shit, these news on the terrains are just phenomenal!

Hürtgenwald! ❤ Vossenack... I began a campaign (player as a German soldier) right at that spot (at "Menstrenger Mühle") on the Hürtgenwald map in Arma 2.

But then I gave it up eventually. Looks like I will have to get back to it. :don11:

Damn guys, now you got me! :eyeheart:

13 hours ago, chas gate said:

hay did anyone else notice they gave us a peak at usa uniforms to.

Where?

Spies reported that the jacket will looks something like this... Koub1Sk.jpg

• Like 17

On 1/3/2017 at 7:53 PM, vintorez said:

Spies reported that the jacket will looks something like this... 

Seeing the amazing quality of the models from RHS and now this mod, I've wondered, do you make these models using 3D scanning or do you make them by hand in a tool or something?

Edited by Zhivets

1 hour ago, Zhivets said:

Seeing the amazing quality of the models from RHS and now this mod, I've wondered, do you make these models using 3D scanning to make these models or do you make them by hand in a tool or something?

No, not 3D scanning,  just a high skill Cunico

• Like 6

11 hours ago, clima_x said:

No, not 3D scanning,  just a high skill Cunico

Spies confirm this...:hehe:

• Like 3

Guys, just a reminder not to include pictures or video's when replying with a quote :f:

• Like 2

being as this mod will focus on late war era & germany being defensive does that mean FLaK guns too? including the monstrous Flak tower? such things in ARMA would make me drool!!! to add context I'm listing some Photos... down the line if some map makers were to do a map of Berlin for instance, they can't leave out these Concrete Giants! 3 G-Towers were built in Berlin to triangulate Flak cover of the city and as said by WIKI:"usually armed with eight (four twin) 128mm FlaK 40 and numerous 37 mm and 32 (eight quad) 20mm guns. During the Battle of Berlin, the guns on the Zoo Tower were used successfully to support ground forces, where the heavy 128mm shells obliterated Soviet armor, especially when hit from the side. The rush to capture the Reichstag led to dozens of tanks being destroyed."

if nothing else I believe the FLaK 37 8,8cm should at least be put on the list  because of it's usefulness as a defensive "Buildable emplacement" as you say do to it's function as a Multi-role Artillery piece, having the ability to conventionally target Aircraft, Directly engage ground targets i.e. infantry & vehicles, And indirectly barrage targets like a medium field Howitzer.

I've tried to make my point professional and formal but in short what I ask is:

• Will Germany have AAA FLaK guns, and if so what variants/calibers will be among them i.e. 20mm, 37mm, 88mm & 128mm
  • Will Flak towers be added to accommodate the Heavy batteries
  • And as a sider, Bombers and fighters be available to give the AA something to shot at: USAAF B-17s, B-24s, Mustangs & Thunderbolts, RAF Lancaster Bombers (which could hold a staggering 14,000 Lbs of bombs max), Spitfires & Typhoons.

hope to get reply from you cause this is a good debate to chat about...

Regards from Down Under

James

Vienna_flak_tower_dsc01594.jpg

Flakturm VII L-tower - Arenberg Park, Vienna

Flak_88_AA_gun_ready_to_firing.jpg

8,8cm FLaK 37

B-24_hit_by_Flak.jpg

B-24 shot down by FLaK in Germany

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-656-6103-09,_ReicBundesarchiv_Bild_183-H27779,_Berlin,_Fl

12,8cm FLaK 40s Bottom: Zoo Tower G1 G-Tower. Top: G2 G-Tower

sorry, couldn't get smaller ones to fit be it still showcase my point... 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Digger James said:

-snip-

I highly doubt they will ever add Flak towers unless they decide to extend the scope of the mod to include a city like Hamburg. Recreating that city in the game would require a humongous amount of custom assets as well. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Zhivets said:

I highly doubt they will ever add Flak towers unless they decide to extend the scope of the mod to include a city like Hamburg. Recreating that city in the game would require a humongous amount of custom assets as well. 

well like I stated it doesn't need to be about the towers when they are subcategory/byproduct of such heavy guns like the Flak 40, when it can just be flak in general.... if we rule out 12,8cm heavy guns and stick 8,8cm and below, and I guess the 88 is enough cause if you think arma-like your only flying at alt. between 1000 - 6000 ft and all the guns can reach that high.

9 hours ago, Digger James said:

well like I stated it doesn't need to be about the towers when they are subcategory/byproduct of such heavy guns like the Flak 40, when it can just be flak in general.... if we rule out 12,8cm heavy guns and stick 8,8cm and below, and I guess the 88 is enough cause if you think arma-like your only flying at alt. between 1000 - 6000 ft and all the guns can reach that high.

Well, I can completely agree with you that the mod should have Flak guns as stationary emplacements, or mounted on the back of trucks. 

• Like 1

It's currently not planned for the first couple of releases. Due to the simple fact that we focus on infantery and light vehicles in the first releases.

• Like 7

The Amercian man-portable FM radio transmitter with a range of up to 8 miles (reliably 3).

Commonly referred to as the "walkie-talkie", she saw extensive service in Pacific (43-45), Italy (1943-45) and Western Front (44-45).

The SCR-300 was usually operated at a company level, whereas it's hand-held sibling (SCR-536) was used at the platoon level.

A few years later she was adopted by the British under the name "Wireless Set No. 31".

Brilliant. I really hope that this and other radios can be integrated into ACRE2 and/or TFAR to provide genuine combat radio experience from WW2.

Now if only the AI could be downgraded from their current "hive awareness" (no doubt replicating every infantryman's access to modern combat net) to WW2 "listen, look and shout", that would be even better...

On 21.1.2017 at 7:45 PM, Redphoenix said:

It's currently not planned for the first couple of releases. Due to the simple fact that we focus on infantery and light vehicles in the first releases.

Greetings! Love your work. Pumped to see everything comming along nicely :)

Though as stated above AA/AT guns and I assume armoured vehicles as well, are way out of scope as for now, I nonetheless wondered;

If you - in the future - get to a point where AVs and shaped charge warheads will become relevant, will you incorporate the armour and damage system from RHS?
That is, broadly speaking of course, will your assets then be "compatible" with the RHS damage/ armour system?

Hope I am not stretching my arm out too far!
I wish you well on your journey, gentlemen! Best of luck :)

~

On 30.1.2017 at 8:40 AM, alessiomoreno said:

Greetings! Love your work. Pumped to see everything comming along nicely :)

Though as stated above AA/AT guns and I assume armoured vehicles as well, are way out of scope as for now, I nonetheless wondered;

If you - in the future - get to a point where AVs and shaped charge warheads will become relevant, will you incorporate the armour and damage system from RHS?
That is, broadly speaking of course, will your assets then be "compatible" with the RHS damage/ armour system?

Hope I am not stretching my arm out too far!
I wish you well on your journey, gentlemen! Best of luck :)

Yup, when we do vehicle we will try to make them compatible with RHS damage system.

• Like 5

Bunch of damn noobs. (I finally made it back to thread!)

Seriously though guys, looking good as always! Keep it up!

:respekt:

• Like 1

If you dont mind me asking what resolution are you shooting for with the textures?

11 hours ago, chas gate said:

If you dont mind me asking what resolution are you shooting for with the textures?

What do you mean exactly?