It's not about what the players can handle, it's about what is legal and what not.

Swastikas in ANY form of game in Germany are illegal. And as probably lots of players in Germany will be using it, as far as I know, gurdy planned to release a version without and a patch with swastikas.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/6222395/Wolfenstein-recalled-in-Germany-over-swastika-use.html

Yes, but this its mod. Mod you add at steam and its on player if can donwload  :) ..donwload its free. 

Yes, but this its mod. Mod you add at steam and its on player if can donwload  :) ..donwload its free. 

It doesnt really matter if its a mod or not when it's about legal talk.

Yes, but this its mod. Mod you add at steam and its on player if can donwload :) ..donwload its free.

Why is this even something worth mentioning. The only difference between the two versions would be the patch which would be a blank image file.... So both versions of the mod will be compatible with eachother ergo there are no problems on either side.
  • Like 5

It's not about what the players can handle, it's about what is legal and what not.

Swastikas in ANY form of game in Germany are illegal. And as probably lots of players in Germany will be using it, as far as I know, gurdy planned to release a version without and a patch with swastikas.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/6222395/Wolfenstein-recalled-in-Germany-over-swastika-use.html

Isn't there an exception specifically for depicting historical events and equipment, though? Wolfenstein could hardly claim to fall under that (seeing as it pays little regard to history), but ArmA is a simulator. The article quoted even mentions this provision, this mod definitely uses them in the historical context. If swastikas in historical films about WWII are allowed, they should be allowed in an ArmA mod. Sure, things may not play out 100% like it did historically, but it's not like a documentary film can reenect it 100%, either.

TBH, I don't support sacrificing historical accuracy to conform Germany's absurd censorship laws. And we should certainly not allow them to enforce a double standard with regards to (honestly) historical games, seeing as they do allow historical movies and books just fine. Games are in no way inferior to other types of media.

Isn't there an exception specifically for depicting historical events and equipment, though? Wolfenstein could hardly claim to fall under that (seeing as it pays little regard to history), but ArmA is a simulator. If swastikas in historical films about WWII are allowed, they should be allowed in an ArmA mod. Sure, things may not play out 100% like it did historically, but it's not like a documentary film can reenect it 100%, either.

TBH, I don't support sacrificing historical accuracy to conform Germany's absurd censorship laws. And we should certainly not allow them to enforce a double standard with regards to (honestly) historical games, seeing as they do allow historical movies and books just fine. Games are in no way inferior to other types of media.

It's ok if you see it that way. But as long as the authorities don't, we must obey. Simple as that.

No further discussions on that topic.

• Like 5

Just wanted to say, good luck with the rest of the development! Screenshots provided show amazing work and detail, looking forward to seeing this progress!

Cheers

Just wanted to say, good luck with the rest of the development! Screenshots provided show amazing work and detail, looking forward to seeing this progress!

Cheers

Thanks!

We are still working hard!

• Like 1

Thanks to Westwall & RHS team for making this  :icon_dj: mod.

Dieing to play this wonderful WWII mod  because I am die hard fan of Band of Brother series.

Any news for clothing or vest.

• Like 1

Hello everyone! I hope you are having a nice weekend. Today, we'd like to show off some headgear. 

Here are three upcoming pieces of headgear for the US side: the M1 helmet liner, the M1941 jeep cap, and the M1 helmet with British-made helmet net. HUGE thanks to Cunico for the help on the Jeep Cap--if you haven't already, you should check out his Spec 4 Vests project on the BI forums: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179719-Spec-4-Vests 

hats_s.jpg

In addition, I have been recently remodeled the M1942 helmet shell, as well as model a M1940 helmet. The image here also shows the new decal planes on the helmets.

m1940helmet_s.jpg

Going forward on headgear: due to popular demand, I intend to complete a version of the M1 helmet with dangling straps, as well as a version with the M1944 helmet net/band and possibly scrim. Likewise, the M1940 and M1942 will soon receive some foliage wiring versions and more camouflage variations. I will keep you posted... hopefully it doesn't feel like TF2 yet. :)

At any rate, this is only just the beginning! We have some big things on the burner right now, so make sure check back for updates. Thanks for reading and have a nice day. 

Thanks to Westwall & RHS team for making this   :icon_dj: mod.
Dieing to play this wonderful WWII mod  because I am die hard fan of Band of Brother series.
Any news for clothing or vest.

Thanks for the interest! While I don't want too secretive, I will say that I hope to post more information about this topic soon. :D

• Like 20

so in hind sight are you guys looking to keep the mod simple on realease? what i mean by this is are you going to do just weps and uniforms or are you going to pull all the stops and have them all in one pack together. i also mean are you doing what rhs did with the usa ,russian and  german?

Thanks. :)

so in hind sight are you guys looking to keep the mod simple on realease? what i mean by this is are you going to do just weps and uniforms or are you going to pull all the stops and have them all in one pack together. i also mean are you doing what rhs did with the usa ,russian and  german?

While this may change in the future, right now the plan is to initially release one Westwall addon that contains a selection of US and German weapons/gear, as well as a potentially WIP version of whatever state the terrain is at that point. However, I have no idea when this would even be, haha. 

• Like 3

Hey! I hope everyone had a good weekend. Today we have a little bit of everything to show, so let’s get started!

The first asset we are showing today is the M15 white phosphorus smoke grenade. Unlike the M8 smoke grenade which gradually fills up an area with smoke, the M15 smoke grenade utilizes a burst of white phosphorus to quickly conceal an area.

m15_s.jpg

Next up is something I have been very excited to show—currently, our goal for the first release is a representative selection of custom-made US and DE weapons and equipment. In addition, however, I have been preparing an optional crossover patch that adds some re-skins for existing IFA3 equipment to make things a little more exciting. I can’t say enough about how helpful .kju and Lodu have been throughout the whole collaborative process—I feel extremely honored to have been able to work with some of the coolest WW2 content around! :)

ifa3_us_uniform_s.jpg

Finally, we would like to show off some material tests warden_1 has been running for our upcoming terrains. They are very early (as evidenced by the modern boot thread, haha), but dang is megascans cool!  

snow1_s.jpg

snow2_s.jpg

Thanks for reading—have a nice day! 

• Like 24

Wow these screens looks fantastic!
The Uniforms and grenade look great and those material tests are crazy.

Can't wait to see more in the next update. :D

Quick question about the M15 WP grenade.

Do you plan to model the Anti personnel/Incendiary effect of the grenade as well as wide smoke burst?

• Like 2

...Next up is something I have been very excited to show—currently, our goal for the first release is a representative selection of custom-made US and DE weapons and equipment. In addition, however, I have been preparing an optional crossover patch that adds some re-skins for existing IFA3 equipment to make things a little more exciting. I can’t say enough about how helpful .kju and Lodu have been throughout the whole collaborative process—I feel extremely honored to have been able to work with some of the coolest WW2 content around! :)...

This news gave me a thrill – seriously. :happy: For me it is really the most promising cooperation in the ARMA community. :jump_clap:

• Like 3

This news gave me a thrill – seriously. :happy: For me it is really the most promising cooperation in the ARMA community. :jump_clap:

Thank you so much for these kind words! It means a lot to all of us.  :lol:

will the Airborne be in this mod??

Yes, eventually. Hopefully sooner rather than later. 

Wow these screens looks fantastic!

The Uniforms and grenade look great and those material tests are crazy.

Can't wait to see more in the next update. :D

Quick question about the M15 WP grenade.

Do you plan to model the Anti personnel/Incendiary effect of the grenade as well as wide smoke burst?

Yep! Haven't decided how to approach it yet, however. I will return to this topic in the future.  :ph34r:

• Like 4

Will Westwall be compatible with the IF3 mod?

Thanks for your sterling work so far.

Will Westwall be compatible with the IF3 mod?

Thanks for your sterling work so far.

+1 on this. I was also wondering this, the ifa3lite stuff covers most of the basic stuff, it would be nice not to have to re invent the wheel so you could have a jump on underrepresented factions/gear/terrain. 

• Like 2

I have been preparing an optional crossover patch that adds some re-skins for existing IFA3 equipment to make things a little more exciting. I can’t say enough about how helpful .kju and Lodu have been throughout the whole collaborative process—I feel extremely honored to have been able to work with some of the coolest WW2 content around! :)

;)

• Like 3

+1 on this. I was also wondering this, the ifa3lite stuff covers most of the basic stuff, it would be nice not to have to re invent the wheel so you could have a jump on underrepresented factions/gear/terrain. 

I'm sorry to say, but IFA3lite just looks awefull - in stark contrast to the high quality stuff in this mod.

• Like 3

I'm sorry to say, but IFA3lite just looks awefull - in stark contrast to the high quality stuff in this mod.

Sure but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Sure but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Or, An eagle and a retarded swallow is still worth more than just an eagle

or something like that anyway...

without controversy, but because the fact of comparing two mods which images available for everyone, right now, do not correspond to any of the two, the standard of the new game engine arma 3, leaves me skeptical ...

Explanation: On one hand, ifa 3 lite, like the "lite" indicates, has only textures in 512/512, for various reasons related to legal issues, etc.

On the other hand, a mod, superb and I have no doubt about it :) but whose images are shown through the filter of "marmoset" which designers know and use for its superb rendering, much better than bulldozer, for example.

So we have two extremes, completely opposite and personally I can not decide, or even to like one more than the other, yet.

Regarding the technical realization, since I have had the opportunity to manipulate the addons in P3D, for optimization, I must say that I find them really well done, although I am not a professional, but simply me based on my experience modder.

While it is certain that compare textures 512 with textures calculated with marmoset, always give a huge difference rendering.

But this is not a criticism, just a need to put these arguments in the debate and each, of course, has the right to his own judgment. :)
  • Like 2