Here's something small for your Saturday evening--the Nebelhandgranate 39 and Nebelhandgranate 39B (Late config) smoke grenades.

nbhgr39_01_s.jpg

Your may be wondering: why have two different versions of the same smoke grenade? The answer is simple: personal preference! The older configuration of the grenade retains the stick grenade's tumbling flight model and has a seven second delay, while the later war version sports a more traditional grenade flight model and a shorter delay of 4.5 seconds due to the usage of the B.Z.E. 39 fuze.

nbhgr39_02_s.jpg

We hope you enjoyed today's update, and we encourage you to check back frequently for news and surprises!

der Perfektionist :clap:

Hello everyone! I hope your week is off to a good start. Today I am going to be showing some progress on our M1 helmet.

The M1 helmet comes in two main configurations so far: with strap up and with strap down. In addition, the M1s will be available in a “mid-war†scheme (brown-dominant olive drab paint with OD #3 suspension) and a “late-war†scheme (greener paint with OD #7 suspension—appropriate for Spring 1945 and Korea). To answer questions early: we plan to do unit-specific versions, netting, appropriate covers, and airborne versions over time. :D

m1_s.jpg

PS: if you were curious why were quiet for a little while, it was due the release of RHS: Escalation 0.4.1! If you are interested, you can grab it here: http://www.rhsmods.org/downloads

• Like 12

Hello everyone! I hope your week is off to a good start. Today I am going to be showing some progress on our M1 helmet.

The M1 helmet comes in two main configurations so far: with strap up and with strap down. In addition, the M1s will be available in a “mid-war†scheme (brown-dominant olive drab paint with OD #3 suspension) and a “late-war†scheme (greener paint with OD #7 suspension—appropriate for Spring 1945 and Korea). To answer questions early: we plan to do unit-specific versions, netting, appropriate covers, and airborne versions over time. :D

m1_s.jpg

PS: if you were curious why were quiet for a little while, it was due the release of RHS: Escalation 0.4.1! If you are interested, you can grab it here: http://www.rhsmods.org/downloads

Glad you guys are back at it! Really beautiful M1 helmets, we hope we see more stuff soon!

• Like 2

Wait what.... You are doing the French 1945? They were pretty much just rebel groups in that time.That was it...

Would of made more sense to have done Brits as well as there is a lot more interesting battles that took along side the US. The battle of Ardennes, invasion of Normandy, Allied land and airborne attempt to cross the lower Rhine.

If this is only a infantry mod then perhaps this could work but only really having USF and the Germans I can see being a bit lack luster in content otherwise.

Also you should try working with Faces of War. They have fantastic content and you should both get over any issues you have (*cough* time periods *cough*) and work on something everyone will really appreciate.

Hello, I will try to address your points one by one.

Wait what.... You are doing the French 1945? They were pretty much just rebel groups in that time.That was it...

This is totally incorrect. Our initial focus is representing the Colmar Pocket, a battle in which French forces made up a significant proportion of allied forces (if not a majority). These troops were also far from simply rebel groups, consisting of several veteran divisons of French colonial troops as well as multiple French armored divisons.

Would of made more sense to have done Brits as well as there is a lot more interesting battles that took along side the US. The battle of Ardennes, invasion of Normandy, Allied land and airborne attempt to cross the lower Rhine.

If this is only a infantry mod then perhaps this could work but only really having USF and the Germans I can see being a bit lack luster in content otherwise.

We are sorry you feel this way, but we are really happy with our choice of the Colmar Pocket as our first setting--hopefully one day our work will be able to speak for itself. We also do plan on having vehicles. 

Also you should try working with Faces of War. They have fantastic content and you should both get over any issues you have (*cough* time periods *cough*) and work on something everyone will really appreciate.

The community is more than big enough for multiple WW2 mods, especially when they focus on different aspects of a very large subject. :) FoW is doing great work and Westwall should end up being fully compatible with it. 

• Like 17

m1_s.jpg

A suggestion, if you haven't thought of it already: do an unclipped strap version, so the straps are hanging down.

• Like 1

A suggestion, if you haven't thought of it already: do an unclipped strap version, so the straps are hanging down.

I agree!

This is totally incorrect. Our initial focus is representing the Colmar Pocket, a battle in which French forces made up a significant proportion of allied forces (if not a majority). These troops were also far from simply rebel groups, consisting of several veteran divisons of French colonial troops as well as multiple French armored divisons.

Wow, this is great !

French are always under-represented in historical games about WWII. 

• Like 1

Your work is looking really great guys love the detail, cant wait to see the end result.   :rthumb:

Wow, this is great !

French are always under-represented in historical games about WWII.

They are, the whole 1940 battle for France and the Low Countries is totally left out. However, it's worth noting that the Free French Forces don't equate to the French forces of 1939/40, as they used lots of surplus American and British uniforms/vehicles/weapons.

"sigh"

Recruitment in liberated France led to enlargements of the French armies. By the end of the war in Europe in May 1945, France had 1,250,000 troops, 10 divisions of which were fighting in Germany. An expeditionary corps was created to liberate French Indochina then occupied by the Japanese. During the course of the war, French military losses totaled 212,000 dead, of which 92,000 were killed through the end of the campaign of 1940, 58,000 from 1940 to 1945 in other campaigns, 24,000 lost while serving in the French resistance, and a further 38,000 lost while serving with the German Army (including 32,000 "Malgré-Nous").

Ian Sumner and François Vauvillier, The French Army 1939–45 Vol. 2, p. 38, London Osprey, 1998.

Anyway Faces of War is already making the Brits, so you're just contradicting yourself by saying they should merge together to avoid redundancy and speed up development while still making their own British faction. We get it, you feel offended the French could ever be featured in a video game about WW2, even WW1 I bet. Just say it already..  <_<

I think you could play for years with only two factions if the Terrains are interesting enough and there is some unit variety, so I guess having the German Regulars, the Volkssturm, US forces, and the French resistance is really nice...after all there are communitys fighting with US forces against taliban for years and never getting enough of it. I say rather go deep with less factions instead of making to much factions that lack in assets.

I think you could play for years with only two factions if the Terrains are interesting enough and there is some unit variety, so I guess having the German Regulars, the Volkssturm, US forces, and the French resistance is really nice...after all there are communitys fighting with US forces against taliban for years and never getting enough of it. I say rather go deep with less factions instead of making to much factions that lack in assets.

Well i don't think they will lack assets even if they decide to go with many factions. Their stuff is really high quality so far and I don't think they would stop even if they got more stuff out.

..in May 1945, France had 1,250,000 troops, 10 divisions of which were fighting in Germany...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_France_during_World_War_II

Once again French ops are over-looked in WW2, just like WW1...

Even Britain's Operation Ironclad (which involved the French ;) hardly ever gets mentioned despite probably being history's first major and successful amphibious operation.

Hey everyone! 

Today is the 72nd anniversary of what Dwight D. Eisenhower called "The Great Crusade". In the early hours of the morning on June 6, 1944 thousands of young allied personnel were heading straight towards the coast of the Normandy region in France. Men from the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Free French, Free Polish, Free Belgians, and many more allies who joined the fight against Nazi Germany. Storming the beaches codenamed Omaha, Utah, Juno, Sword, and Gold while thousands more jumped from planes and silently fell towards the earth with fire erupting around them. These men started the final thrust that liberated many European countries who were terrorized by the Nazis and played a major part in toppling Germany. 

Today, let's please remember the pain and sacrifice these men went through. They were called upon and answered the call to do their part to end one of the bloodiest regimes known to modern history. 

image_update_img.jpg

PS: Now don't worry guys! There will be a content update VERY soon. The team are working very hard to show some quality finished content. 

• Like 10

Lest we forget... The Greatest Generation, for they have gone a long way just to see how ruined the world is today.

It's a sad thing ain't it...

Hello, i heard you guys were in need of historical researcher, it so happens that i know alot about WWII German Uniforms, usage and issue dates also variations. 

if you guys are willing to accept my offer, ill be willing to help.

contact me on steam 

Rikugun Taisa Dancho

or PM me if you are willign to accept my offer.

Lest we forget... The Greatest Generation, for they have gone a long way just to see how ruined the world is today.

And so history will repeat itself, as it always has since the beginning of human civilization. Sad, indeed... :(

The world is no more ruined than it was then. The people they fought against committed wide scale ethnic cleansing and racial extermination among other atrocious things, and many of the people they fought alongside (*cough* the Soviets) did their fair share as well. Those that served and still live are probably a hundred times more thankful that their children and their children would never have to face such a war again.

Can we please leave this crap out of this topic? Thanks.

• Like 7

Can we please leave this crap out of this topic? Thanks.

Sorry 'bout that. I was, rather irresponsibly, set off by what he'd said.