While I respect the own focus of each projects, cooperation also could be sharing of assets (e.g. weapons, vehicles or uniforms), of which many are more if less "timeless" in WW2 (with some exceptions of course). I have seen many projects creating basic weapons like the 98K in good quality, as far as I can tell.

Probably this idea has some flaws but the more shared things are available the faster one could put the focus on content, missions and phase specific assets.

It's not that easy to merge such mods. Each one has its own methods, teams and objectives. Besides, plurality can be a good way to stimulate the community and create more content...

I understand that people would love to see a WWII modification released soon, but I think it's better to give them some time and let people do what they want first.

Anyway, if they feel the need to work with other mod creators, they will probably do it by themselves.  :)

It's not that easy to merge such mods. Each one has its own methods, teams and objectives. Besides, plurality can be a good way to stimulate the community and create more content...

I understand that people would love to see a WWII modification released soon, but I think it's better to give them some time and let people do what they want first.

Anyway, if they feel the need to work with other mod creators, they will probably do it by themselves. :)

Maybe the devs don`t need cooperation. As a dev myself, i can understand the problem, but i think the Community needs it. A mod wich features a lot of high Quality assets, not 4 mods which feature mostly the same assets.
  • Like 4

This looks awesome, I love the amount of detail that you have put into the models. Hope to see more of this, do you have any eta on when this will be out?

This looks awesome, I love the amount of detail that you have put into the models. Hope to see more of this, do you have any eta on when this will be out?

Hell no. We just started :D

Nice models. Love the explosives u made. Hope there will come vehicles. I saw that cars and planes of the WW2 are really rare. Vehicles like the Sdkfz 222 and a lot more of these are not existing. Same with planes like the JU-87.

You will also add some like these?

Anyway, if they feel the need to work with other mod creators, they will probably do it by themselves.  :)

Maybe the devs don`t need cooperation. As a dev myself, i can understand the problem, but i think the Community needs it. A mod wich features a lot of high Quality assets, not 4 mods which feature mostly the same assets.

These two posts sum up my feelings on the whole things, sorry guys. Everyone has their own path to follow and we are happy with ours. :)

Nice models. Love the explosives u made. Hope there will come vehicles. I saw that cars and planes of the WW2 are really rare. Vehicles like the Sdkfz 222 and a lot more of these are not existing. Same with planes like the JU-87.

You will also add some like these?

I don't want to start ruling out assets, but I hope today's update will explain why these are not planned. 

--

I should learn not to promise dates! I am still working on a blog post that showcases what goes into an individual asset, but real life and illness always seems to ignore schedules. I am still trying to get them up soon, but I hope you guys will appreciate something very special and different for today's update. :D

For the last couple of months we've been showing a lot of assets, but we really haven't talked much about our environment. However, I would like to change that by sharing some of the research our team has been doing for the first "episode" of Westwall--the allied closure of the Colmar Pocket. Often overshadowed by the Ardennes Offensive in the North, the battle to close the Colmar Pocket swept from the Eastern hills of the Vosges to the banks of the Rhine, through hilly forests, open plains, and cramped towns--all while facing the bitter cold, snow, and mud.

(click to enlarge)

DSC_0621_s.jpg

Shortly after his collaborative release with the Exile team of the ArmA 3 port of Namalsk (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188868-namalsk-for-arma-3/), environment lead Lappihuan took a trip to the towns of Pfaffenheim, Guebrschwihr, and Ohsenbur in the French region of Alsace to scout locations that appear in our first terrain! I'd like to personally thank him and highlight a couple of the shots from nearly 500 photos taken from what we hope to be the first trip of many.

(click to enlarge)

DSC_0358b_s.jpgDSC_0467_s.jpg

DSC_0552b_s.jpgDSC_0554_s.jpg

DSC_0687_s.jpgDSC_0705_s.jpg

DSC_0745_s.jpg

We will definitely showcase much more in the future, especially after I get some sort of blog system set up. Stay tuned! Special thanks to MistyRonin, RedPheonix, and my wife for helping me with the post tonight, as well as Lappihuan for his awesome contribution. Thank you, and good night!  :)

• Like 13

Hello everyone! I hope your week is off to a great start. Today I'd like to show off our first piece of infantry equipment: the Model 1942 Stahlhelm. Thanks to my good friend Mihail of Red Hammer Studios we have an assortment of covers to go along with our bare helmets. In our initial vertical slice, we've added a handful of Heer helmets created for winter and spring terrains.

To represent our winter helmets in this update, we have selected a mouse-grey cover, a white cover, and a white-washed bare helmet with the decal revealed.

m1942_winter_s.jpg

For our spring variants, we have a Sumpfmuster 44 (Marsh 44) helmet cover, a Splittermuster helmet cover, and a bare helmet with one side decal.

m1942_spring_s.jpg

(Note: the two different strap configurations on the bare helmets are able to be randomized.)

I am currently working on a field-painted spring variant along with a few other specialized ones. Hopefully a M35 and M40 will come along some day as well!

----

Finally reunited with his beloved PC and fast internet, RedPheonix was able to record some footage of the in-game M3A1:

As always, the weapon is still a work in progress... however, I have to say that even in it's current state it is extremely fun to use. Have a good week, everyone!

• Like 15

Great to see continued progress! Appreciate the video, too - it's always nice to see fresh content in-game

Are the only factions planned the US and Germany?

• Like 1

Hell nice m3a1 sound ,the handling acts realy dynamic ...makes loss of more ;)

• Like 2

Very nice. I litteraly cant find any problems with anything this team has posted so far. Iv tried finding problems but I cant, everythng is accurate so far. Cheers fellas!

• Like 2

A propos Stielhandgranate. Do you'll make a quite new flight model of grenade? I mean grenade which rotate in flight.

Are the only factions planned the US and Germany?

Nope! While we will initially be focusing on getting playable US Army and German Heer troops, other significant factions like the French are possible for the future.  :D However, it should be noted that currently we have no commonwealth forces in the plans, as we are focusing on the fighting in southern France and Germany.

Very nice. I litteraly cant find any problems with anything this team has posted so far. Iv tried finding problems but I cant, everythng is accurate so far. Cheers fellas!

Thanks!! It really means a lot to us. :D

A propos Stielhandgranate. Do you'll make a quite new flight model of grenade? I mean grenade which rotate in flight.

Oh course! :P Getting all of the grenades behaving uniquely and correctly is really high on my personal priority list. 

• Like 3

Nope! While we will initially be focusing on getting playable US Army and German Heer troops, other significant factions like the French are possible for the future.  :D However, it should be noted that currently we have no commonwealth forces in the plans, as we are focusing on the fighting in southern France and Germany.

Oh well :)  I'll just have to hope that the often forgotten second parachute brigade gets considered when the mod is further down the line... Any plans to add in the french resistance and a civilian faction? :D

The models you've shown look great by the way and it's safe to say that I'm looking forward to this :)

When all is said and done with this mod is some one going to make a king of the hill ww2 server because this mod so fare seems perfect for it

as i sayed for facces of war 

Oh well :)  I'll just have to hope that the often forgotten second parachute brigade gets considered when the mod is further down the line... Any plans to add in the french resistance and a civilian faction? :D

The models you've shown look great by the way and it's safe to say that I'm looking forward to this :)

I'm pretty sure that the 2nd Parachute Brigade won't be in the mod, as their area of operation was in the very south of France.

• Like 2

We have a short and sweet update for everyone today with an invaluable anti-tank weapon for the German factions: the Panzerfaust 60M and the Panzerfaust 100M. This marks the Westwall debut of the very talented .Ghost! I hope you guys enjoy his work as much as I do.

pzf_1.jpg

pzf2.jpg

pzf3.jpg

Note: in the renders, we have simply referred to the single weapon as a 60M/100M--for all intents and purposes, the weapons are externally identical, but will receive differentiating textures.

• Like 6

...This marks the Westwall debut of the very talented .Ghost! I hope you guys enjoy his work as much as I do...

Indeed, very talented :thumb: