pinaz93

Eurofighter Typhoon AWS

Love it! But it's pretty much too fast for any maps other than Tanoa. The MFD  and the ATS is great, wouldn't mind having the interior panel be a bit nicer. Runs out of fuel very, very quickly as the AB seems to want to be on during takeoff and if you aren't careful you end up going 1,600 meters per second. Had to actually turn mouse acceleration on just to get the thing to turn as it should. Also, seems with all the planes that increase and decrease thrust doesn't work like it should. If I use decrease thrust to try to slow down the aircraft it picks the speed right back up and continues to go faster after I let off of it. If I hold increase thrust it picks up speed which increases more after I let off of it. Might be just something with the keyboard config data in the software. Haven't tried using my Logi 3D Pro to see if using analog thrust and brake helps.

It's the game, not the mod. You realize that is one of the "top 3" reasons people lament the forced use of the 3D editor.

I'd disagree to this and point the issue towards the mod. I'm experiencing the same issue also, once the aircraft is placed down. Possibly a script that runs on initialisation of the aircraft? I don't know. I first found this issue when I placed it down in zeus. All 16 odd other people in the server froze too (dedicated). Definitely something within the mod itself causing it.

I'll take a deeper look myself tomorrow.

Side note: Apologies if this message looks strange. I'm posting from mobile and experience font size issues sometimes.

Disagree all you wish.  I can consistently reproduce the "pause while it is placed in the 3D editor" with anything, including default items.  Not the mods  ;)

• Like 1

Happens when I place down a player for the first time, the first time I edit the attributes of something, etc. just wait like 5 seconds and you'll be fine

• Like 2

Happens when I place down a player for the first time, the first time I edit the attributes of something, etc. just wait like 5 seconds and you'll be fine

this i know,  

i just get it all the time when placing his aircraft  and so i thought it could be a bug with the planes, but i have been keeping my eye on the problem and it happens with more addons (looks like those are high poly models ? when it happens) 

Misread the direction initially but I'm not talking about in Eden myself. I am very much aware of the initial freeze you can get, however I'm referring to whilst playing. Place it down in zeus for the first time and you'll freeze up. More so than other mods, to the point that everyone in TFR crashes from the channel. That's not a game issue.

Love it! But it's pretty much too fast for any maps other than Tanoa. The MFD  and the ATS is great, wouldn't mind having the interior panel be a bit nicer. Runs out of fuel very, very quickly as the AB seems to want to be on during takeoff and if you aren't careful you end up going 1,600 meters per second. Had to actually turn mouse acceleration on just to get the thing to turn as it should. Also, seems with all the planes that increase and decrease thrust doesn't work like it should. If I use decrease thrust to try to slow down the aircraft it picks the speed right back up and continues to go faster after I let off of it. If I hold increase thrust it picks up speed which increases more after I let off of it. Might be just something with the keyboard config data in the software. Haven't tried using my Logi 3D Pro to see if using analog thrust and brake helps.

The same for the air brakes too. One thing I have learned on my own was a setting in "plane controls" for analog throttle. I use a full j/s, throttle, and pedals and hated flying planes because of how the trotted seemed to be either on or off. I fooled around with it one day aND set my throttle using the analog controls option and it produced a more linear throttle effect. For the air brakes I now use a button and just deploy them through my full approach like the F-14 pilots seemed to do in real life, and I just carry more throttle to compensate. It now seems like in fighters my approaches are more realistic looking, but they are very slow by real life standards......like 130kmh in Firewill's Tomcat.

I haven't messed around with it yet, but I would bet one of my retirement checks that if I changed it in my helicopter movement settings to the same I'd be able to use AFM....currently I only have "throttle" set, and when I try to use AFM helicopters go either up or down, no controlling flight with my current heli settings.

Not sure how it works for mouse and keyboard, but try setting you throttle on the analog key binding under plane controls.

~Rob

• Like 1

Misread the direction initially but I'm not talking about in Eden myself. I am very much aware of the initial freeze you can get, however I'm referring to whilst playing. Place it down in zeus for the first time and you'll freeze up. More so than other mods, to the point that everyone in TFR crashes from the channel. That's not a game issue.

Can you try with the Tornado and see if you have the same problem?

• Like 1

when testing, it happened but i thought nothing of it at the time happens with both Typhoon & Tornado

This has nothing to do with the motherfucking mods.  It is how the game loads things the first time.  You experience this when launching a mission.  Same thing except you get to "see it" happening in the 3D editor. 

Trust me on this... there are better things to spend brain power on than figuring out the 3D editor has a "lag spike"!

EXACTLY THIS.  Some mods experience a higher delay than others, but they all have to load all those textures and triangles into memory when you place them in the 3D editor.  The 3D editor is literally "in" the game.  And you are looking at larger and larger texture files for some of these mods and guess what you must use more compute power to load them up.

This has nothing to do with the motherfucking mods.  It is how the game loads things the first time.  You experience this when launching a mission.  Same thing except you get to "see it" happening in the 3D editor. 

Trust me on this... there are better things to spend brain power on than figuring out the 3D editor has a "lag spike"!

EXACTLY THIS.  Some mods experience a higher delay than others, but they all have to load all those textures and triangles into memory when you place them in the 3D editor.  The 3D editor is literally "in" the game.  And you are looking at larger and larger texture files for some of these mods and guess what you must use more compute power to load them up.

If this is how you react when people take the time to post issues they are experiencing within a mod, I highly suggest stepping away from modding. I understand the issue that exists in the 3D editor when you place objects, however this is far beyond when it comes to placing one through Zeus whilst simulation is running. I won't bother responding to this any further.

I have ran with the Tornado but I don't experience issues with that. It just strangely seems to be the Eurofighter for me and many others. I gave disabling initialisation scripts a go but had no luck. As has been stated before, once you place it once there are no major issues thereafter; however it is a substantial freeze (running with TFAR kicks all of us from the Task Force channel).

I did find that when I had them down in my mission file a few nights ago it caused the Zeus to freeze up every time he went into Zeus (again, a while to the point his channel changed in TeamSpeak from TFR). Removal of the aircraft rectified this issue. I'll continue trial-and-erroring some scenarios. Unless there is any development to the thread, I'll probably just edit this post with any findings.

I know my info is fairly limited, and don't have much of a solution, but hopefully it'll be of some use when testing on your end.

Look I know a few things about modding.  I'm trying to be as direct as possible when I tell you to save yourself some heartache and "these aren't the droids you're looking for". 

Others have chimed in to basically say the same thing, that "any" mod does this.  The mods is loading up 4k files.  Do you realize how large that is?  It has to be loaded into memory when you place it in the editor.  I can't be more specific about that.  However, you seem to think there is a problem that needs to be fixed.  And I'm still typing about it LOL

Enjoy pounding that sand!  ;)

You know its funny, some of my customers have that attitude.  "This isn't the problem" and they reply with "no it must be a problem, keep looking".  At least there I get paid for it hehehe

Problem probably solved, need some more testing but seems ok on the E-130J too

activating pilot's camera crashes the game. for i believe it's a problem with "air-weapons-system", i informed firewill as well.

by the way, is the "drogue parachute" working? for i have no option, while landing.

activating pilot's camera crashes the game. for i believe it's a problem with "air-weapons-system", i informed firewill as well.

by the way, is the "drogue parachute" working? for i have no option, while landing.

My planes is based on Hcpookie one, and the parachute is activated when you land too fast. (I don't remember the right speed, but if you land at >200+ km/h I think it will work)

For the Pilot camera I will take a look, never used it lol

Tried now, The pilot camera is the one you activate with crtl+right mouse? if yes, for me it is working

• Like 1

i've forgotten the default keybindings, for i have changed it. it's under "common". think it's called "multifunctional camera", below "drone (uav) camera".

UPDATE 1.4

mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6cwy7y1e43u7fyo/AWS_EF2000_1.26.zip (sorry for the wrong version on the zip file)

Changelog:

-fixed the freeze when placing the plane

-Changed the AAF texture to make it similar to my AAF Tornado

Excellent, thanks for checking that out.

If you don't mind me asking, what turned out to be the issue causing the freeze?

the parachute is activated when you land too fast. (I don't remember the right speed, but if you land at >200+ km/h I think it will work)

Tried now, The pilot camera is the one you activate with crtl+right mouse? if yes, for me it is working

@1 confirmed

@2 what plane exactly did you use for your test? i tried it with cap cas and strike of the german forces,none worked. all crashed the game, when turning on pilot's cam

@1 confirmed

@2 what plane exactly did you use for your test? i tried it with cap cas and strike of the german forces,none worked. all crashed the game, when turning on pilot's cam

can confirm crashing game when entering camera for eurofighter

suggestion:

-implement an ejection seat with automatic parachute (like firewill did)
-tweak the sound of the 27mm gun, for the sound is good, but there is an echo in it, that ruins it.
-implement a gun camera like firewill did with his f-15. it's a pilot's camera that can't be rotated. it's fixed in its position and has the same point of view of the plane's gun.
 currently, while i'm inside of your plane, when i press the button that usually activates the pilot's camera, the game crashes.