Sign in to follow this  
kothen

How to tell which mod is causing crashes?

Is there an easy way to tell which mods are causing trouble with Arma? I play with a lot of custom units (Nothing game play changing wise like ACE, or AGM, etc) and I keep getting this Error.

b831ed6101.png

I know its one of the mods but going through each and every single one of them will take a lot of time. Is there a way to read the crash log or some other way to figure out which mods is causing problems? I use Play with six to launch as it helps me keep my mods up to date.

Im not sure what this error means? Can someone tell me what would cause this? 

b831ed6101.png

Most probable cause is deleting shit from your 'Addons' folder that you really shouldn't have deleted. Try verifying your game cache.

That didnt seem to fix it. I tried launching without addons and that seemed to fix it. But I have a lot so trouble shooting to do. Is there way to read the crash log and see whats causing the crash?

If only there was a way.... what you'll have to do is split your mods and test - remove half of the mods you are using and test... does it crash?  Remove another half and re-test.  Keep doing this until it doesn't crash then add back one at a time the mods you removed in the last test.

If only there was a way.... what you'll have to do is split your mods and test - remove half of the mods you are using and test... does it crash?  Remove another half and re-test.  Keep doing this until it doesn't crash then add back one at a time the mods you removed in the last test.

Aw man, Well. I was able to fix my crashes, I had to update my PlaywithSix itself to fix it. But I know Im going to have future issues as well. I should stop Hoarding mods. :c