Sign in to follow this  
sollrmartyn

Ocean

Hello,

I created Ocean, a 100 x 100 km big water map with no islands. I created it for training purposes and hope you`ll enjoy it.

Please write me if you find a bug or glitch or have any other wishes. :-)

Download:

ftp://download.sol-diers.com/armed_assault_3/addons/islands/@Ocean.7z

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=611454603

If this addon will be listed in ArmAholic please refer to my download. Thanks :-)

Your Martyn of Sol-diers

• Like 3

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

Ocean v1.0

** Armaholic now supports authors with donation button/links. When you have any donation/support links please contact me!

I have a wish for you mate; how about making a god damn map, instead of just loading into and saving an empty template in L3DT.

I have a wish for you mate; how about making a god damn map, instead of just loading into and saving an empty template in L3DT.

Nobody's forcing you to use his mod. Has it ever occurred to you with all the Naval assets currently being developed that people will be wanting a map like this? 

There really isn't any need to be rude 

• Like 9

Wow, what a useless post...

I can already see some uses for this map (submarine fights, waterworld remake...).

• Like 10

Two men looked out from prison bars.......

One saw the mud........

One saw the stars........

Wow, what a useless post...
I can already see some uses for this map (submarine fights, waterworld remake...).

• Like 9

Begone from this place!

• Like 1

Thanks for this sollrmartyn. Will be very useful. Out of curiousity, is 100kmx100km the maximum map size in Arma 3?

Cheers!

Thanks for the map! I guess the Nimitz users will love to is it once in a while :) I've also tackled the idea of creating a mostly sea map with a few islands for carrier and naval asset use - and also Pooks long range SAMs. It's nick name is 'Lake Chester'. Kind of got stuck with placing tons of objects there and terrain builder occasionally crashing...

Thanks for this sollrmartyn. Will be very useful. Out of curiousity, is 100kmx100km the maximum map size in Arma 3?

Cheers!

Take a look at this thread for very large maps in arma and their problems:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/177119-large-terrain-test-collection/

• Like 1

Hi guys,

In Steam (I forgot it to post here) I wrote that this was my first addon. Until now I just created scripts and scripts... So yes its not much but its so simple that I couldn`t believe that there is not such a simple map. And I did it just for test purposes. And it works. So why shouldn`t I load it up?

Cheers!

Of course it`s not the maximum. But TeTeT answered your question. This is the reason why I choosed 100 x 100. :-)

Thanks for the map! I guess the Nimitz users will love to is it once in a while :) I've also tackled the idea of creating a mostly sea map with a few islands for carrier and naval asset use - and also Pooks long range SAMs. It's nick name is 'Lake Chester'. Kind of got stuck with placing tons of objects there and terrain builder occasionally crashing...

Take a look at this thread for very large maps in arma and their problems:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/177119-large-terrain-test-collection/

@TeTeT: If you need some support maybe I can help you. Im working just right now on some small and simple maps as a "basic terrain" for other groups and clans to create some simple training missions or small scenarios etc.

Also working on a Fjord etc etc etc. :-)

And I like this support from you guys! Hope to see some videos on youtube with my "map" in some time. If you have some questions or ideas - I want to learn.

And for submarines: Ocean is over 6000 m deep... :-D Like the real Ocean.

Stay patient for more Terrains. I`m in love xD (with L3DT) ^^

Your Martyn

Love the idea of an empty water map, however having tried it, it crashes the game on exit (tested both with other mods and with no other mods).

I don't see much use for it atm, as there is only a few BLUFOR naval assets and almost no OPFOR ones. So it would mostly be used for like BLUFOR ships (LCS 2, LCS 1, USS Iowa, FSF and so on) vs OPFOR speedboats :P

But this map will be awesome when the addons comes out, and it is nice to have it available so we won't have to wait when they come out ! ;)

Looks good man!

And btw, cant wait for your future terrains, would be cool with a huuge one for air combat and that Fjord will be awesome ;O

It would be cool if you could put 2 or 3 small islands dotted across the map, maybe with a runaway and a small naval base on them

Wrong thread mate. This is an ocean map, not the one with islands. You might find some in the mod discussion/complete thread though.

It would be cool if you could put 2 or 3 small islands dotted across the map, maybe with a runaway and a small naval base on them

I like the idea. Oh snap, next project, South China Sea man made islands training ground? =D

• Like 2

Love the idea of an empty water map, however having tried it, it crashes the game on exit (tested both with other mods and with no other mods).

Yes, I noticed this behaviour as well. I`ll try to fix it. :-)

Noticed for a new addon. I`ll not change this map because I just wanted to have a complete empty map with just water -> an ocean :-D

But I`ll remember your wish for a new one.

I hope this answer sounds good for you.

Your Martyn

Noticed for a new addon. I`ll not change this map because I just wanted to have a complete empty map with just water -> an ocean :-D

But I`ll remember your wish for a new one.

I hope this answer sounds good for you.

Your Martyn

okay, that sounds great 

This is perfect! I wish you put an oil rig or something somewhere on the map! That would make for some great missions.

EDIT: Someone has an oil rig map somewhere on the workshop, maybe I can put it on here

This is perfect! I wish you put an oil rig or something somewhere on the map! That would make for some great missions.

EDIT: Someone has an oil rig map somewhere on the workshop, maybe I can put it on here

I would prefer to do this in a mission...

It doesn't have a standalone config so you'd have to come up with your own, but Take on Helicopters had an "Oil platform" terrain that literally consisted of water surrounding this:

BKWJAYIl.jpg

As part of the Take on Helicopters Data Pack it is permitted for use in Arma under the APL-SA license, so I've taken the liberty of packaging the oil rig model/textures (with the penetration material and the 'plechprolis.paa' texture repathed to their Arma 3 counterparts) and uploaded that here if sollrmartyn or anyone else wants to take a go at it, for which you're welcome!

• Like 2

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey sollrmartyn , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey sollrmartyn , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.