Sign in to follow this  
Cornflake

Newbie looking for help uploading mods to server

I have been searching google for days now, reading all I can, but I don't think my uploading procedure is the right way. I have rented a server from GTXGaming and have it up and running, after a crash course in running it. I am just getting familiar with the tcadmin 2 interface but I am getting the hang of it.

Now I am trying to figure out how to get mods loaded onto the server. I want to get the CBA_A3 on there first, as others seem to be dependent on it, and the fire it up and see if I broke it or not. Adding one mod at a time. This is my first time looking at this stuff so I want to go slow and be sure I actually understand what is going on. Here is where I am at...

I have the @CBA_A3 folder saved to my desk top. It contains 3 folders and 4 files. I go to the tcadmin interface and open File Manager. I am assuming this is the root Arma 3 on the server. I create a folder in this root named @CBA_A3 and begin to upload to it all of the contents of the CBA_A3 folder sitting on my desktop. The issue I am having is that I can only upload 3 files at a time using the upload icon on the the tcadmin interface. I got half way through the first folder, addons, (it contains about 44 files) when the tcadmin interface locked up. I logged out and logged back in and everything seemed okay. But as I continued to upload all of these files it occurred to me that there must be a more efficient way to do this and that I was going about it all wrong as it was very time consuming and skipping one of the 59 files would be quite easy to do when you are uploading them three at a time.

Is this really the procedure or am I trying to build a house with a pen knife?

Thanks for any pointers or direction you may be able to provide.

-Paulsim

depends on the access you have to the server, most likely you will have an FTP connection, use that for small files such as cba, but for bigger mods such as islands, unless you have access to a web browser on the server, via remote desktop I would ask the gamne server company to install the mods for you.

Yes, an FTP connection. No browser via remote desktop.

So my approach is the correct way? To spend the hour or so sending files three at a time until the folder, subfolders, and all files are represented on the server?

You could use an FTP client (FileZilla) which will queue up all the files and upload them one or two at a time.  Doing it through your browser interface can be problematic especially on larger files.

Some admin panels have the ability to extract files from archives (.zip, .rar, .7z, etc) - if yours does you could upload the zipped file (if you do this make sure to zip up the files already inside the folder @mod_name - so that when it extracts the folder structure is correct) and extract it on the server.