pinaz93

Eurofighter Typhoon AWS

Hi all,

I'm working on a new version of the Eurofighter Typhoon from Hcpookie

Main differences:

-new external 4096x4096 textures (thanks to DreamRebel for the help)

-removed random numbers from the fuselage

-Firewill's Air Weapons System integration (weapons, ECM, Targeting and SEAD)

-Faster than the original

-Config improvements, it will not stalls on every close turn 

-No cup requirements

NOT SURE future impovements:

-loadout dialog

-real afterburner

All other original fuction will be there. 

here some screenshots:

Austrian air force:

2016-01-31_00001_zpsc5198htc.jpg

2016-01-31_00006_zps2mslnbi9.jpg

German Air Force:

2016-01-31_00002_zpsppntbjdp.jpg

2016-01-31_00007_zpsitftvuhx.jpg

Royal Air Force:

2016-01-31_00003_zps7g0z64vb.jpg

2016-01-31_00008_zpsas7ic4cy.jpg

Italian Air Force:

2016-01-31_00004_zpscyd5fist.jpg

2016-01-31_00005_zpsqrystar0.jpg

Thanks to:

-HcPookie for the great plane

-Dreamrebel for some help with the texture

-Firewill for his AWS pack 

• Like 12

Perfect! This is awesome i am so happy right now.

GREAT WORK!

Will it have a loadout dialog like the F16 and stuff? 

Most important, will the light model will be fixed ? currently you can't take any sharp turn. 

• Like 1

Will it have a loadout dialog like the F16 and stuff? 

I don't know, I never made one, but I will ask for someone that can help me

Most important, will the light model will be fixed ? currently you can't take any sharp turn. 

It's already ok, it can make close manouvres without to stall! I have send the config improvements to Hcpookie too, so I hope that he will update the original version too

Perfect! This is awesome i am so happy right now.

GREAT WORK!

thank you ;)

You're doing great work, you've brought this jet right up to A3 standards 

You're doing great work, you've brought this jet right up to A3 standards 

thank you :)

the European weapons will be added MBDA Meteor AIM-2000 IRIS-T Taurus ...?

I'm not skilled on modelling so I will use only already present weapons! I'm rorry!

Just a idea;  Possible to get the weapons/missiles as a Zeus /Emtpy item?  Placeable as individual items,to be tracked down and destroyed in a mission?

For a mission idea of mine....

Could it be possible to place it somewhere,and go wheels up,add a persistent smokestack and a file in cockpit,shoot it ,creating a damaged outside (bullet holes) ?

Firewill`s planes won`t permit to go wheels up,then exit the cockpit,engines off,currently. 

Just need the plane to be able to have wheels up ,really,no real wreck-model .

Edited by john1

NICE! Can you make it compatible with arial refulling from the USAF mod? And please add this skin to the German Air Force.

• Like 1

Just a idea;  Possible to get the weapons/missiles as a Zeus /Emtpy item?  Placeable as individual items,to be tracked down and destroyed in a mission?

For a mission idea of mine....

Could it be possible to place it somewhere,and go wheels up,add a persistent smokestack and a file in cockpit,shoot it ,creating a damaged outside (bullet holes) ?

Firewill`s planes won`t permit to go wheels up,then exit the cockpit,engines off,currently. 

1. maybe yes, I have to made some research about it

2. and 3. I don't really know how to do these things, I'm sorry

NICE! Can you make it compatible with arial refulling from the USAF mod? And please add this skin to the German Air Force.

I have to search how to do it, but I think yes

Another screenshot, WIP fictional Polish air force skin:

vg7osn.jpg

I'm searching for a good AAF camo, if someone have one or knows where to fin it please contact me!

• Like 5

Storm Shadow and GPS weapons for this?

It will have all Firewill's GPS guided weapons, the SCALP/storm shadow is present in the original plane, but I have to see if I can make it use the AWS target fuction ;)

• Like 1

Looks good!  After I have my coffee this morning I'll get to your PM  :)

-loadout dialog

-real afterburner

I have some thoughts on the loadout dialog.  I would like to have a per-pylon loadout editor however that takes a TON of scripting that I'm simply not willing to commit to.  I have looked into the "packaged" loadout selections which frankly I'm not fond of, however it would be much, much easier to develop.  I will likely implement one of these "package" loadout selections. 

I haven't used AWS so I haven't a clue as to what it can offer.  You mention SEAD... I have implemented a pretty good SEAD solution within my POOK_SAM pack, however I elected not to "blend" the addons to avoid dependency hell :)  That might be something to leverage as well.

Afterburners... I have yet to find a real application for afterburners in-game.  There simply is no reason for one that I can tell.  To be accurate an afterburner should consume fuel at a really high rate, to the point you'll run out of fuel very quickly.

I haven't used AWS so I haven't a clue as to what it can offer.  You mention SEAD... I have implemented a pretty good SEAD solution within my POOK_SAM pack, however I elected not to "blend" the addons to avoid dependency hell :)  That might be something to leverage as well.

I looked at the AWS scripting.  It is basically the same scripting I used, but just a little different.  All referencing my POOK_SAM radars :)  So it looks like a more fancy version of my POOK_SAM Anti-Radiation Missile (ARM) scripts. 

Brimstones in the EF2000 addon are basically standalone... they should be able for any integration into the AWS scripting.  However I fail to see why they would need to be as they are radar-guided weapons.  So the typical locking method should be enough to make them work.  It appears you could make an IR- or TV- guided mode for the missiles (or any missiles) based on the AWS scripts.  I need to d/l his F16 and play with it some :)

• Like 1

I looked at the AWS scripting.  It is basically the same scripting I used, but just a little different.  All referencing my POOK_SAM radars :)  So it looks like a more fancy version of my POOK_SAM Anti-Radiation Missile (ARM) scripts. 

Brimstones in the EF2000 addon are basically standalone... they should be able for any integration into the AWS scripting.  However I fail to see why they would need to be as they are radar-guided weapons.  So the typical locking method should be enough to make them work.  It appears you could make an IR- or TV- guided mode for the missiles (or any missiles) based on the AWS scripts.  I need to d/l his F16 and play with it some :)

I think the Brimstones will keep the standard guide, just like the Arma 3 standards AT missiles... The one I want to integrate with AWS is the SCALP, to use the GPS targeting! 

AWS doesn't include the Brimstone missile, will the AGM-65 take its place? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brimstone_(missile)

The brimstones are present in the original EF-2000 from Hcpookie, so I will keep them only for the RAF Typhoons I think, the others will use the AGM-65 ;)

Just so you guys now, the Brimstone missile is currently only fired from the Tornado GR.4 , the Typhoon is still a planned plane

• Like 1

We need some way to lock-on and remember all targets even after we get out of range,then a quick-re-target what we once locked onto-a snap-shot/HMCS.

Even after we have past the zone.Some way to shoot side-ways,to avoid AAA.

Great ! I'll try it tonight !

Let's hope that one day someone will do the same awesome work with the Rafale ! 

Just so you guys now, the Brimstone missile is currently only fired from the Tornado GR.4 , the Typhoon is still a planned plane

It will be implemented this year if I don't remember wrong

We need some way to lock-on and remember all targets even after we get out of range,then a quick-re-target what we once locked onto-a snap-shot/HMCS.

Even after we have past the zone.Some way to shoot side-ways,to avoid AAA.

You can do this with AWS GPS guided weapons, the system can remember 5 locations  

• Like 1

Great ! I'll try it tonight !

Let's hope that one day someone will do the same awesome work with the Rafale ! 

It's not released ;)

however yes, we need some french fighters! some mirages could be good too ;)

• Like 1

It's not released ;)

however yes, we need some french fighters! some mirages could be good too ;)

Yup sorry, if thought I was in the Complete section. 

We seriously lack french content for the game. Let's hope it will change this year !

I did my homework.  Yes according to Jane's it is absolutely going to be used from the EF-2000 which is why I added it to begin with.

We seriously lack french content for the game. Let's hope it will change this year !

Frenchpoint perhaps????

• Like 1