Details:

This is a replacement weapon config for EricJ's taliban units using AK's and typical weapons from the RHS Escalation mods. I originally created this as a 'leight'weight option for quick Zeus/MCC missions with my group, but I realised that plenty of the other middle eastern factions available require a significant number of separate uniform/weapon packs, (even though they look fantastic). Since almost every modded server I have seen uses RHS. It seems appropriate to combine these.

The config assigns Russian AKM's/AKMS' to fighter units, PKMs and SVD's are assigned to MG and Sniper variants as well. All units have russian smoke grenades, RGOs. Leader units have FAKs and PMM sidearms. All units are Zeus compatible.

This config also contains an Afghan civilian faction. Unchanged from EricJ's original.

The mod is signed with server keys included. Of course, let me know if I have done something ridiculously wrong here. I'm still learning how to put mods together.

O5kFpPsl.jpg

In future, I would like to add a reinforcement group. Using a civilian truck:

wR4mgeLl.jpg

Requirements:

Taliban Fighters by EricJ

RHS: Escalation by the RHS Team

Credit:

All credit goes to EricJ and the RHS team for their kind permission to use their mods and to allow me to release this.

Known Issues (as of version 1.0):

• I have never released anything before but I have tested this on a multiplayer server. As far as I am aware, apart from a single small conflict notification in the rpt, this does not cause issues on a multiplayer server.
  • The classnames are currently the same as the original EricJ ones and do not match the new loadouts.

To Do:

• Match classnames to new loadouts (perhaps make them more MCC compatible)
  • Add groups and extra vehicle units for fast reinforcements. 

Changelog:

v1.0: First Release

Download:

news_download_a3_3.png

Taliban Units with RHS Weapons config v1.0

banner-420x120.png?1454524148

Cheerio,

Silos[CPM]

www.cornishpastymen.co.uk

• Like 7

the AKM's/AKMS'  and some harness from RHS are top notch 

the AKM's/AKMS'  and some harness from RHS are top notch 

Agreed!! They are a perfect match for an opfor faction

Amazing, that was lightning quick! Thanks Foxhound

A perfect combination.....thanks for sharing!  ;)

I know you said this is your first mod. Any chance you could configure this for ALiVE? :)

EricJ's original is not. So not sure if that means it's not allowed or more trouble than what it's worth or what have you.

Either way, this is a great addition to the ARMA units family. :)

I know you said this is your first mod. Any chance you could configure this for ALiVE? :)

EricJ's original is not. So not sure if that means it's not allowed or what have you.

As far as I could tell, EricJ just wanted to release the units as a blank canvas. I doubt he would have issues with them becoming ALIVE compatible.

I need to do some work with the classnames anyway. Will get back to you, I'm fairly busy in the week, so it won't be for a while.

• Like 1

The civilians are unchanged from the EricJ mod. They are still present as part of the config.

Actually I don't think his mod offers CIVs.   BTW, once CUP releases their units, i got a feeling all the skins used are similar if not identical?  Hopefully CUP will release soon.  If not Massi's middle east pack is awesome.  But i agree, the weapon configs used here are great.  Love RHS's weapons and sounds.  Thanks for making this either way.

Actually I don't think his mod offers CIVs.   BTW, once CUP releases their units, i got a feeling all the skins used are similar if not identical?  Hopefully CUP will release soon.  If not Massi's middle east pack is awesome.  But i agree, the weapon configs used here are great.  Love RHS's weapons and sounds.  Thanks for making this either way.

I'll check but the classnames were definately there. I haven't really considered the civilians at this stage.

I agree the CUP units will be ultimately superior but as I mentioned above, this config is about helping form a lightweight middle eastern OPFOR. EricJ did a great job of porting just the afghan units across and frankly I think he did the right thing just leaving them as a blank canvas for mission makers. It's not much over 150mb for the entire faction, (including Civs if I'm right). If your group is like mine, you will be using a mixture of RHS and 3CB BAF units and probably don't want the CUP stuff flooding your Arsenal or Zeus menu. We've definitely suffered from too many units and too many weapons (all of varying compatibility and quality). I never thought I'd say "too many weapons" seriously but loading in RHS, 3CB, SMA is hefty enough as it is. Throw is some HLC gear and all of a sudden CUP becomes a step too far!!

The fact is, if your using CUP units, you probably won't be looking for OPFOR units, nor will you see much of a use for the RHS gear (which in my own opinion is some of the most superior modeling/texturing in the community save for one or two bright stars like Kiory). I've managed a modset for small non-Milsim group now for a couple of years and I know how easy it is to annoy your community by swapping one massive weapon pack to the next.

With RHS, Taliban and this config, someone has everything they need for some great Zeus missions. Slap them in Kunduz or Khlom with MCC and it's a very lightweight, easy to use but high quality experience.

• Like 2

A few questions :)

Did you say there are taki civs in this pack too and will they use the Russian civ vics?

Have you any plans to assign Russian technicals and trucks etc to the fighters?

Thanks for adding RHS to these dude.

Did you say there are taki civs in this pack too and will they use the Russian civ vics?

There are Afghan civilians included in the pack. All units are individual however.

My next plan is to create a few more groups and vehicles. Maybe urals and trucks. Then I'll look at the RHS stuff. It would be great if RHS included a nice Hilux or similar. The offroads and technicals from vanilla Arma 3 look far too modern!

I'll also have a look at ALIVE.

Yeah ALiVE support would be awesome too.

When creating the infantry groups are you thinking of 2,3 and 4 man groups/cells

These size of groups would prob suit ALiVE better as I use leights opfor and ALiVE uses the standard group size to spawn in so when playing an insurgency mission it looks weird to see 9 or 10 man Taliban groups patrolling :)

Yeah the technicals in A3 are way to new and nice for the likes of these heathens lol

What about the Russian jeep, would that do?

Good luck :)

As far as I could tell, EricJ just wanted to release the units as a blank canvas. I doubt he would have issues with them becoming ALIVE compatible.

I need to do some work with the classnames anyway. Will get back to you, I'm fairly busy in the week, so it won't be for a while.

Yeah I just wanted to keep it "no frills" and tha's it. A lot of players like ALIVE (I don't use it myself) as some gaming units/clans wanted the capability and I just have no interest with making it suitable with ALIVE.

EricJ's original is not. So not sure if that means it's not allowed or more trouble than what it's worth or what have you.

Either way, this is a great addition to the ARMA units family. :)

As long as the original credit is given I won't worry too much about additional capabilities, as I encourage alternate configs given the myriad gun mods as well as preferred loadouts, etc.

• Like 1

The original models are all from the A2 Sample Models and so I kept it to a "Takistan/Afghanistan" feel as opposed to anything more. If RHS does related (or somebody else) then that's up to them, but given my past one deployment to Afghanistan I thought it more relevant than Russian civilians.

• Like 2

The original models are all from the A2 Sample Models and so I kept it to a "Takistan/Afghanistan" feel as opposed to anything more. If RHS does related (or somebody else) then that's up to them, but given my past one deployment to Afghanistan I thought it more relevant than Russian civilians.

Yeah I meant just what was available to use from RHS to equip your units and couldn't remember the vic names ie the civ Ural and civ version of Russian jeep (not sure if it's RHS or leights that provide these though).

Was just wondering if these were going to be assigned but obviously didn't type what I meant very well :)

Yeah I just wanted to keep it "no frills" and tha's it. A lot of players like ALIVE (I don't use it myself) as some gaming units/clans wanted the capability and I just have no interest with making it suitable with ALIVE.

As long as the original credit is given I won't worry too much about additional capabilities, as I encourage alternate configs given the myriad gun mods as well as preferred loadouts, etc.

Thanks for clarifying mate. Of course, all credit goes to you and the RHS team. I appreciate your comments and any suggestions you have.

Yeah ALiVE support would be awesome too.

When creating the infantry groups are you thinking of 2,3 and 4 man groups/cells

These size of groups would prob suit ALiVE better as I use leights opfor and ALiVE uses the standard group size to spawn in so when playing an insurgency mission it looks weird to see 9 or 10 man Taliban groups patrolling :)

Yeah the technicals in A3 are way to new and nice for the likes of these heathens lol

What about the Russian jeep, would that do?

Good luck :)

Ok, that's good to know. I've made an 8 man squad as a test but I'll prefix it with some smaller skirmish teams. I haven't looked into ALiVE yet, I don't generally use it myself. Maybe you could run some tests for me!

Yeah I meant just what was available to use from RHS to equip your units and couldn't remember the vic names ie the civ Ural and civ version of Russian jeep (not sure if it's RHS or leights that provide these though).

Was just wondering if these were going to be assigned but obviously didn't type what I meant very well :)

So far, I've got a vehicle group with a white civ truck and a squad, (like one of my original images). I'll look at what else is available. Definitely going to use a QRF Ural though.

Expect an update soon.

You could give one guy a M16 or M4, that they would have stolen from the Afghanistan armed forces? Or from a US convoy they ambushed? 

• Like 1

Boy. I feel like any configurarion that produces 8 infantry men is too big. Imagine what could happen if ALiVE decided to make that the majority of say several 100 unit companies.

Not that I'm not grateful you're trying this. I am.

I'm not as knowledgable on this as I wish I could be. What would you ALiVE guys say is the most number of units that should spawn should be? I'm thinking maybe 5 or 6.

You could give one guy a M16 or M4, that they would have stolen from the Afghanistan armed forces? Or from a US convoy they ambushed? 

Not a bad idea. Prob put it as a single unit though. Cheers.

Boy. I feel like any configurarion that produces 8 infantry men is too big. Imagine what could happen if ALiVE decided to make that the majority of say several 100 unit companies.

I'm not as knowledgable on this as I wish I could be. What would you ALiVE guys say is the most number of units that should spawn should be? I'm thinking maybe 5 or 6.

I was only putting 8 as a test. 8 fills a truck quite nicely but I honestly haven't considered the ALiVE stuff. I've never set it up before.

For Taliban even 5 or 6 would be too much. I'm going of my experience using ALiVE and having a counter insurgency mission were I'm expecting hit and run tactics and not expecting to see groups of 9 guys patrolling like they are an army :)

ALiVE will send 5 groups to an objective if set to occupy which is a serious amount of Taliban. Ok if conventional army but for insurgents they would never commit themselves that much in the open.

There are supposed to be hit and run tactics in ALiVE asymmetric warfare but I've never seen of them, prob because of the huge groups that are spawned due to leights group sizes but hey I'm not an expert lol.

• Like 1