duda123

Advanced Sling Loading (MP & SP)

Is there a way to add the deploy sling rope action to the pilot seat in the CUP CH-53E?  Right now it's only available when switching to the co pilot seat, and then the AI pilot wants to land and...well, bad things happen lol.  Is there something I can put maybe in the init line of the unit to allow the pilot to have the deploy rope action?

On 11/6/2016 at 8:22 PM, duda123 said:

Heavy lifting only works for vehicles that can normally lift 5000kg or more. Might be that the blackfish doesn't have a lift capability predefined, so it defaults to 4000kg.

You can allow more vehicles to do heavy lifting by changing this variable in your init.sqf file. Try setting it to 1000kg (which means that any vehicle able to lift more than 1000kg will be allowed to do heavy lifting)

ASL_HEAVY_LIFTING_MIN_LIFT_OVERRIDE = 1000;

I've tried this, in many ways, and still cannot get it to work. I've gone as far as setting this to 0 in the init and the main script and cannot get an Orca to pick up a Qilin...

EDIT: We can't pick up anything with a Huron or anything else for that matter. default script/mod/however, this is the sole reason I attempted overrides to begin with.

I've used the search feature on this thread so I don't think its asked before but...
Can I use this mod and give commands to AI to do sling loading using the Zeus module?

On 6/24/2016 at 9:21 PM, duda123 said:

v2.0.3 Released

• Adjusting sling load mount points for all helicopters. Fixes sling load mount point issues with most CUPS and RHS helicopters.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=615007497

GitHub: https://github.com/sethduda/AdvancedSlingLoading/releases/tag/2.0.3

Hi duda, 

How do you adjust the point for specific helicopters. I am working an helo and my ropes appearing inside the chopper instead of under. What memory point do you use? Is there any documentation like for advanced rapelling with helos? 

12 hours ago, O.Languedoc said:

Hi duda, 

How do you adjust the point for specific helicopters. I am working an helo and my ropes appearing inside the chopper instead of under. What memory point do you use? Is there any documentation like for advanced rapelling with helos? 

It doesnt use memory points. The attachment points are determined on the fly using line intersect methods to find the bottom of the heli.

Searches from under the heli to to above the heli:

_surfaces = lineIntersectsSurfaces [_surfaceIntersectStartASL, _surfaceIntersectEndASL, objNull, objNull, true, 100];
  • Like 2

Hello,

this is a request\suggestion :)

...is it possible to set the default arma 3 keyHeliRopeAction to release the cargo?

because in the scroll menu the command for release is in the bottom of the list and sometimes makes hard to not crash while finding it.

thak you goodbye!!!

Thanks for this! Does anyone know how i can change the "weight" limit of certain vehicles? For example let's say that i wanted the hummingbird to be able to lift a tank. What do i need to change for that? Thanks!

"......let's say that i wanted the hummingbird to be able to lift a tank. What do i need to change for that? "

Um, the Hummingbird lol.....

Not sure how this mod works, but you could try to lower the tanks weight to ~200kg. This works in vanilla. At least with trucks.

On 1/27/2018 at 3:38 PM, psrkallez06 said:

Thanks for this! Does anyone know how i can change the "weight" limit of certain vehicles? For example let's say that i wanted the hummingbird to be able to lift a tank. What do i need to change for that? Thanks!

Add this to your init.sqf file:

ASL_HEAVY_LIFTING_MIN_LIFT_OVERRIDE = 0;

Hey @duda123

Love this mod as all of yours but having a problem recently on dedicated server where after dieing and respawning players no longer get the option to deploy ropes. Any suggestions where I should look? Thanks in advance

On 16.7.2016 at 5:30 PM, duda123 said:

Yes, but you have to change the source.

Here's an example:

https://github.com/sethduda/AdvancedSlingLoading/pull/10/files

The 3 numbers are the number of meters to move the attachment points (up or down) from the original attachment position (front, middle, rear points). Most helis don't need adjustments, but some do.

i tried it that way, and lowered the attachement points. but the ropes still spawn inside the heli, although the ancor point is now far below the hull.

i think the reason for this behaviour is, that the spawn direction of the ropes is inverted. so normally the ropes spread from the attachment point in downward direction. but in this case, for that type of helicopter, it spreads upwards, into the cabine of the helicopter.

is there a way to invert the spawn direction?

Normal

Inverted

One thing that should be done - adding keybind for relase all rope on case of emergency

• Like 1

ever thought about making your advanced mods (-slingloading, -rappelling, -urban rappelling, -towing) ace-compatible? so that when ace is loaded, they can be selected via ace-(self-)interaction menu?

Information to this feature

Having issues using towing and sling loading on the USS Freedom and USS Liberty.

Sling loading, it wont allow to pick up ropes on the ships for sling loading.

Towing it works sometimes.

Thanks

is the mod broken at the moment? I am not able to sling load at dedicated server although it works fine in SP.

The action menu to release ropes by chinehook is not showing how many I want and not acting properly. Anybody experienced such case?

yes, we have that issue, too. all of the advanced mods don't work on dedicated. exception is for "advanced_urban_rappelling". this works at least, when loaded as client/server (not working as server-only-loaded mod).

@madpat3 I haven't noticed this as a problem with our dedicated box. What exactly is the problem? Maybe I am overlooking something.

server is running and in the serverlist of your game, but you cannot connect. say's: session canceled or s.th.

Is there any way to acces option of sling loading only as Pilot /Co Pilot and other slots turn off this option>

Had the script running running no issue here a couple of days ago. I was trying to find a way to limit use to certain player UID's, but couldn't figure it out. At least I could attach and carry loads with no issue.

Agreed.  People keep talking about this mod not working/when will it be fixed, however, it works fine for us - no issues.  Has never 'not worked'.  We've got like 80 mods in our standard line too 😂