duda123

Advanced Sling Loading (MP & SP)

Bug Report:

Latest test version: 2.0.5 (Installed as a script in the mission itself) for B_Heli_Transport_03_F (CH 67 Huron) when running addaction "Deploy Cargo Ropes", doesn't create them and returns the following hint message:

"Vehicle doesnt support cargo ropes" 

Same issue for the unarmed Huron

Works on all other tested vanilla helo's e

Will you be adding a sling load capability to the blackfish ?

Bug Report:

Latest test version: 2.0.5 (Installed as a script in the mission itself) for B_Heli_Transport_03_F (CH 67 Huron) when running addaction "Deploy Cargo Ropes", doesn't create them and returns the following hint message:

Works on all other tested vanilla helo's e

Will you be adding a sling load capability to the blackfish ?

I'll take a look. Yes, I can add in support for the blackfish by default. Do you happen to know the class name(s) for the blackfish?

You thought about making one  rope mod.. instead of towing, sling and repelling as separate mods.. ?  I say, "if you can't tie knots tie lots"... :).  This addon a very useful and realistic feature addition to the game.. Well done.

You thought about making one  rope mod.. instead of towing, sling and repelling as separate mods.. ?  I say, "if you can't tie knots tie lots"... :).  This addon a very useful and realistic feature addition to the game.. Well done.

Thanks!

Yes, but I like to let people easily pick and choose what they want to use. Some people might like sling loading but don't want towing, etc.

• Like 2

Is there a way to attach the ropes to totally destroyed items ? currently the rope just drops to the ground.... e.g .chopper/planes.  Make for good salvage missions..

I'll take a look. Yes, I can add in support for the blackfish by default. Do you happen to know the class name(s) for the blackfish?

Classnames:

• "B_T_VTOL_01_armed_blue_F"
  • "B_T_VTOL_01_armed_F"
  • "B_T_VTOL_01_armed_olive_F"
  • "B_T_VTOL_01_infantry_blue_F"
  • "B_T_VTOL_01_infantry_F"
  • "B_T_VTOL_01_infantry_olive_F"
  • "B_T_VTOL_01_vehicle_blue_F"
  • "B_T_VTOL_01_vehicle_F"
  • "B_T_VTOL_01_vehicle_olive_F"
  • "O_T_VTOL_02_infantry_F"
  • "O_T_VTOL_02_infantry_ghex_F"
  • "O_T_VTOL_02_infantry_grey_F"
  • "O_T_VTOL_02_infantry_hex_F"
  • "O_T_VTOL_02_vehicle_F"
  • "O_T_VTOL_02_vehicle_ghex_F"
  • "O_T_VTOL_02_vehicle_grey_F"
  • "O_T_VTOL_02_vehicle_hex_F"

there is also an unarmed  littlebird variant for the independent side

• "I_C_Heli_Light_01_civil_F"

Not sure if you would want every VTOL to sling load, or none at all

There are gunship, troop transport and vehicle cargo variants

Config of interest to you, for the "VTOL_Base_F"

slingLoadCargoMemoryPoints[]={};

Bug Report:

i have the same issue with the ghosthawk. and i tried the HAFM_NH90+HAFM_EC635. the only one that works is the "nh90-armed", although they are all of class "Air".

i have the same issue with the ghosthawk. and i tried the HAFM_NH90+HAFM_EC635. the only one that works is the "nh90-armed", although they are all of class "Air".

The latest version on GitHub (source) has fixes for this. Haven't published the addon release yet, but if you use the script version, you can grab it from there.

The latest version on GitHub (source) has fixes for this. Haven't published the addon release yet, but if you use the script version, you can grab it from there.

Thank you for your quick work and impeccable timing with Tanoa just around the corner, verified working on all Huron variants, kudos to you. :)

This, the rappel and tow scripts you have made are very very good, compact and easy to use, well done m8, this is a very good addition to any mission

v2.1 Released

- Adding support for VTOLs

- Fixing issue that caused "Vehicle doesn't support cargo ropes" error message to randomly appear when deploying ropes.

- Fixed CfgFunctions syntax error

(thanks for thegoatman's help in fixing these!)

Still doesn't seem to be working with VTOL's

Tried with normal helo's and I can pickup & attach the ropes to anything, with the VTOL I only have the ability to pickup the ropes and cant attach them on nothing that ive tried, HESCO Wall's, Tanks, Ammo nets ect.

Still doesn't seem to be working with VTOL's

Tried with normal helo's and I can pickup & attach the ropes to anything, with the VTOL I only have the ability to pickup the ropes and cant attach them on nothing that ive tried, HESCO Wall's, Tanks, Ammo nets ect.

Oh - you're right. I forgot to allow VTOL to attach ropes. I've updated the source on github. Will publish a new release soon.

You can make it work now by adding this to your init.sqf file:

ASL_SLING_RULES_OVERRIDE = [
     ["All","CAN_SLING","All"]
];
  • Like 1

Oh - you're right. I forgot to allow VTOL to attach ropes. I've updated the source on github. Will publish a new release soon.

You can make it work now by adding this to your init.sqf file:

ASL_SLING_RULES_OVERRIDE = [
     ["All","CAN_SLING","All"]
];

Oh also don't know its it intentional feature or not, but in the Blackfish only the passengers in the cockpit (didn't try in the cargo bay) get the "ropes" option, the Pilot and Co-pilot do not.

Works fine in the Xi'an though.

is there a way to alter the slingload Points to certain helis, to prevent the ropes from spawning inside the vehicle?

is there a way to alter the slingload Points to certain helis, to prevent the ropes from spawning inside the vehicle?

Yes, but you have to change the source.

Here's an example:

https://github.com/sethduda/AdvancedSlingLoading/pull/10/files

The 3 numbers are the number of meters to move the attachment points (up or down) from the original attachment position (front, middle, rear points). Most helis don't need adjustments, but some do.

I know you wanted to have ropes fastened by people on the ground, which is fine in MP but an absolute PITA playing SP.  Could you have a version of the addon please that has the autoattach ?

i have this installed on a exile server and it works, but a lot of the helicopters have the default hook action which players would use before this. Is there any way to remove this?

i have this installed on a exile server and it works, but a lot of the helicopters have the default hook action which players would use before this. Is there any way to remove this?

Sorry, don't know of a way to disable vanilla sling loading without also disabling the addon.

kremator, this addon never supported auto-attaching to cargo. Seems like a good idea though - could make it so that you can auto attach if in the air and there's only one player in the game.

Is this already available? Would be really nice if that is possible in the future :)

And thanks for the mod i really love it :)

With AFM on chinook from RHS can barely lift hummer ;/