duda123

Advanced Sling Loading (MP & SP)

Hi

I've have tried to install this mod on an Arma 3 Exile Mod server without success.  I tried both the addon and script versions.  Nothing shows up in game at all.  I haven't altered the files.  Any ideas what it could be? 

Great mod btw, love it. 

Thanks

it is because this script makes use of BIS_fnc_MP which is blocked by exile. you would need to change the script to use RemoteExecCall and whitelist it or disable the whitelist entirely.

ask the mod maker nicely, if he could do that, but its not in his responsibility to make it comaptible with exile / epoch (im running an exile server myself).

it is because this script makes use of BIS_fnc_MP which is blocked by exile. you would need to change the script to use RemoteExecCall and whitelist it or disable the whitelist entirely.

ask the mod maker nicely, if he could do that, but its not in his responsibility to make it comaptible with exile / epoch (im running an exile server myself).

Thanks for the info.  I'll have a go myself now I know where to start.  Certainly wouldn't expect duda to work on loads of variations for mods and what not.

I noticed, that when I place something on a LHD I can not pick up a ropes which are under a chopper. I supose, that it happen becouse a deck of LHD is not detected like a ground. @Dude123 would you like to do something with this in your next relase? 

I noticed you can't attach or drop the ropes while you're in the swimming animation. You do regain the options once you return to the standard movement however. Is it possible to change this? It'd be great to be able to extract an SDV or assault boat from the water.

I've used this in the past to attach ropes while in the water. Let me take a look to see why it's not working.

Hi

I've have tried to install this mod on an Arma 3 Exile Mod server without success.  I tried both the addon and script versions.  Nothing shows up in game at all.  I haven't altered the files.  Any ideas what it could be? 

Great mod btw, love it. 

Thanks

As discussed on the Exile forums, I am willing to look into this. 

Thanks for your suggestion. 

I've used this in the past to attach ropes while in the water. Let me take a look to see why it's not working.

@duda123: I hope you don't mind me re-writing the code to make it work with Exile, all credits are of course directed to you  :)

ka0s_, as long as you don't publish it as a new version, go for it.

If you think the changes should be part of the addon/script for everyone, please fork the github repo and create a pull request so we can release the changes for everyone.

ka0s_, as long as you don't publish it as a new version, go for it.

If you think the changes should be part of the addon/script for everyone, please fork the github repo and create a pull request so we can release the changes for everyone.

No worries, reason I'm doing it, is because I for one really love Exile, but for lots of reasons they've blocked BIS_fnc_MP, so it'll just be a Exile edit to make it work there, will see if I can optimize it further, as for github, I will have to look into some tutorials and such, never worked with gits before. 

Headers & Credits will remain within the script, of course with a line that it's been edited by me, to make it work for Exile  :)

Just wanted to drop by and say how much I and a lot of people appreciate your work on this. This makes heli supply ops possible in many ways. Here are a few pictures to show some work being done

4C16872B1A3993DD7DCB3FAA628EA79508D97D73

2BBC7D25C923607C06F3098434408DC072453A12

This is possible by setting the advanced sling to 10m and using the default sling to hook up to the second object next to it. This is allows for heavy lifting operation to available. It does account for both weights. For example if I hook up to two hunters I'm unable to lift. Not enough lift capacity. If I unhook one I can.

Again we all appreciate your hard work on this!

• Like 5

Thanks Duda. Will be in touch soon about a different project I have in mind.

Anyway to add a "Cut the Rope" addAction? For example, when transporting a boat out to sea, you can drop it with or without crew at a designated spot in the water, on land, etc.

Thanks

Anyway to add a "Cut the Rope" addAction? For example, when transporting a boat out to sea, you can drop it with or without crew at a designated spot in the water, on land, etc.

Thanks

That already exists - you can release cargo without leaving heli

Ahh, I see. It wasn't showing up for me for some reason. I re-downloaded the mod. thanks for quick reply.

I guess I was trying to ask. Is there anyway I can control the ropes from the outside of the helo. For example, I am using a script the allows the AI to drive the helicopter. I attach the sling to the boat. Load every up into the boat. Then have the AI take me another place on the map. The issue is, once I get to the destination, I have no way to cut the ropes, as I am in the boat now riding with everyone else.

I hope this makes since.

I guess I was trying to ask. Is there anyway I can control the ropes from the outside of the helo. For example, I am using a script the allows the AI to drive the helicopter. I attach the sling to the boat. Load every up into the boat. Then have the AI take me another place on the map. The issue is, once I get to the destination, I have no way to cut the ropes, as I am in the boat now riding with everyone else.

You could add the action as a radio trigger, that way you aren't tied to any certain proximity from the helicopter and it is fairly realistic too.  Just take what's being called on line 103 of fn_advancedSlingLoadingInit.sqf out of that action menu command and put it into a radio trigger instead.

I've updated the sling loading code to support exile in the same way towing works. You can't sling load locked vehicles and you can't sling load in a safe zone. Also, the actions have been updated to get rid of the "ropes" submenu.

Anyone want to help test this out on Exile or on a MP server? Hasn't been tested much, so there might be some bugs.

You can download the release here:

See the readme here for directions on installing (It's the same as towing - just add via -serverMod)

• Like 1

Great addon!!!! I was wondering if you could add support for the MH47E? Unfortunately even when the ropes are just deployed without lifting anything it damaged the main rotor (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25580) that would be amaaaaazing!!! Also Im trying to allow the Mi8s from the RHS pack to lift some alrger stuff like armored humvees but its not working so far, I added

ASL_Rope_Get_Lift_Capability = {
private ["_heli","_heliType"];
_heli = [_this,0] call BIS_fnc_param;
_heliType = toLower(typeOf _heli);
_returnVal = [500,0];
if(
//(_heliType) == toLower("B_Heli_Transport_01_F") ||
//(_heliType) == toLower("B_Heli_Transport_01_camo_F") ||
//(_heliType) == toLower("CUP_B_UH60M_FFV_US") ||
//(_heliType) == toLower("RHS_UH60M_d") ||
(_heliType) == toLower("I_Heli_Transport_02_F")
) then {
_returnVal = [4000,100000];
};
if(
(_heliType) == toLower("B_Heli_Transport_03_F") ||
(_heliType) == toLower("kyo_MH47E_HC") ||
(_heliType) == toLower("RHS_Mi8mt_vvsc") ||
(_heliType) == toLower("RHS_Mi8mt_vvs") ||
(_heliType) == toLower("B_Heli_Transport_03_unarmed_F")
) then {
_returnVal = [10000,100000];
};

also tried bumping it up to 90000 but still cant lift them

Thanks!

Also Im trying to allow the Mi8s from the RHS pack to lift some alrger stuff like armored humvees but its not working so far, I added

I'm not expert at this, but this mod doesn't in anyway change what can be slingloaded based on weight, it just allows you to slingload items that aren't configured with a slingLoadCargoMemoryPoints[] array in its config file.  So basically, if the cargo object's mass (can be found by calling getMass on it) is roughly equal to or greater than the helo's slingLoadMaxCargoMass config value, the helo can't lift it.  Again, I'm no expert here, but it seems to me that in order to lift things heavier than the helo's max cargo mass, you'd either need to lower the mass of the object (by calling setMass on it?  never tried this) or raise the helo's slingLoadMaxCargoMass property (by writing some lines in description.ext?  also never tried doing that either).  But conceptually anyway I think you'd probably have to go one of those two routes since those seem to be the determining factors of whether something is or is not slingloadable.

Great addon!!!! I was wondering if you could add support for the MH47E? Unfortunately even when the ropes are just deployed without lifting anything it damaged the main rotor (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25580) that would be amaaaaazing!!! Also Im trying to allow the Mi8s from the RHS pack to lift some alrger stuff like armored humvees but its not working so far, I added

ASL_Rope_Get_Lift_Capability = {
private ["_heli","_heliType"];
_heli = [_this,0] call BIS_fnc_param;
_heliType = toLower(typeOf _heli);
_returnVal = [500,0];
if(
//(_heliType) == toLower("B_Heli_Transport_01_F") ||
//(_heliType) == toLower("B_Heli_Transport_01_camo_F") ||
//(_heliType) == toLower("CUP_B_UH60M_FFV_US") ||
//(_heliType) == toLower("RHS_UH60M_d") ||
(_heliType) == toLower("I_Heli_Transport_02_F")
) then {
_returnVal = [4000,100000];
};
if(
(_heliType) == toLower("B_Heli_Transport_03_F") ||
(_heliType) == toLower("kyo_MH47E_HC") ||
(_heliType) == toLower("RHS_Mi8mt_vvsc") ||
(_heliType) == toLower("RHS_Mi8mt_vvs") ||
(_heliType) == toLower("B_Heli_Transport_03_unarmed_F")
) then {
_returnVal = [10000,100000];
};

also tried bumping it up to 90000 but still cant lift them

Thanks!

opendome, you're on the right track. A _returnVal of _returnVal = [10000,100000]; will cause any object with a mass more than 10000 and less than 100000 to have it's mass temporarily modified while you're lifting it. It's likely that the helicopter you're using can't lift something with a mass of 10000 or more. To see if that's the case, try changing 10000 to 1000. This means that any object with a mass more than 1000 will have it's mass reduced to 1000 while lifting.

Also, the MH47E probably doesn't have a sling loading point specified. It's trying to attach the ropes to the center of the heli (inside) which breaks the rotors. I'll try to make a fix for this. If no sling load point exists, I can try to figure out the point on the bottom of the heli model under it's center of mass point. Should be doable.

• Like 2

I'm not expert at this, but this mod doesn't in anyway change what can be slingloaded based on weight, it just allows you to slingload items that aren't configured with a slingLoadCargoMemoryPoints[] array in its config file.  So basically, if the cargo object's mass (can be found by calling getMass on it) is roughly equal to or greater than the helo's slingLoadMaxCargoMass config value, the helo can't lift it.  Again, I'm no expert here, but it seems to me that in order to lift things heavier than the helo's max cargo mass, you'd either need to lower the mass of the object (by calling setMass on it?  never tried this) or raise the helo's slingLoadMaxCargoMass property (by writing some lines in description.ext?  also never tried doing that either).  But conceptually anyway I think you'd probably have to go one of those two routes since those seem to be the determining factors of whether something is or is not slingloadable.

This isn't true - it does modify the mass of objects in certain cases. See the post above.

v2.0 Released!

Release Notes:

• Add support for multiple cargo (can deploy up to 3 sets of ropes, depending on size of heli)
  • Fixes issues that caused sling ropes to spawn inside of a helicopter, breaking the rotor
  • Heavy lifting has been updated to support any vehicle with a max cargo load of 5000 or more
  • Adds support for exile
  • Reworks actions to align with the advanced towing addon

• Like 2