Sign in to follow this  
Sefe

Action menu bugs

I was trying to have custom actions added to soldiers inside vehicles. But there are two bugs that hold me away from reaching this target:

My first attempt was to add the action to a section of the vehicle in the config.cpp file:

class UserActions

{

class MyAction

{

displayName="Select me";

position="volant";

radius=1;

condition="true";

statement="hint ""This is a test""";

};

};

That works fine from outside the vehicle and also from inside the vehicle as long it doesn't move. But as soon as the vehicle starts moving, the action disappears. That's bug number one.

To work around this problem I tried write a script that adds the action to the directly unit inside the vehicle (not to the vehicle itself). That led to strange results: Most of the time the action doesn't appear in the action menu while the unit is in side the vehicle. As soon as the unit leaves the vehicle, the action appears and it disappears again when the unit re-enters the vehicle.

Sometimes however (and this is the strange thing) the action appears on the action menu even though the unit is inside the vehicle. That makes me pretty sure that it's a bug, not a feature.

I'm dying to hear from BIS on this one, as it is key to very interesting things on future addons.

Hope this is resolved or a workaround is found.

Konyak

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That works fine from outside the vehicle and also from inside the vehicle as long it doesn't move. But as soon as the vehicle starts moving, the action disappears. That's bug number one.

<span id='postcolor'>

Will will fix this. We understand it will give you very interesting possibilities.

Thank you very much. Now rectractable landing gears for choppers and other cool stuff will become possible.