-ORION-

Error Message on Mission Preview (BIS_fnc_titlecard, BIS_fnc_establishingShot)

Hey all, just a couple quick questions from a bonafide A3 editing noob. Thanks in advance for any help thrown my way.

Ive been tinkering with adding an intro video and establishing shot to the start of a mission. After cobbling together code from several (old) forums I've come up with this:

init.sqf:

[] spawn {
    scriptName "initMission.hpp: mission start";
    ["A3_intro_video.ogv", false] spawn BIS_fnc_titlecard;    
    waitUntil {!(isNil "BIS_fnc_titlecard_finished")};
    [position player,"Will the BIS A3 forumites be kind to this lowly mission editor?",100,200,45,1,[]] spawn BIS_fnc_establishingShot;   

};

The good news is that both the video and establishing shot work. The bad news is while previewing the mission, the video's audio cuts in and out annoyingly and I get this error:

[bIS_fnc_titlecard] #1: false is type BOOL, must be STRING. "" used instead.

Any ideas? Does the error have anything to do with the audio cutting in and out on my .ogv or is it just a syntax problem? Video is 1920x1080, 60 fps, 10 seconds in length, and converted from a shadowplay .mp4.

if you play the .ogv file outside of Arma (ie: VLC) is the audio choppy?  Perhaps there is a problem with the file itself or the conversion process.

Ah thanks for the reminder SavageCDN. I should have mentioned that the file plays perfectly in VLC player.

Thanks KK, Although, I wish I knew what you meant. Perhaps you could translate to noobspeak? How would my original code be changed? I'm guessing that this will clear the error, but do you think the audio issues are related to my funky syntax?

I think KK meant:

Either use a string:

["A3_intro_video.ogv", "What a beautiful day."] spawn BIS_fnc_titlecard;

Or nothing for the second parameter:

["A3_intro_video.ogv"] spawn BIS_fnc_titlecard;

Oh I see, no need for the , false]. Thanks for clarifying ted_hou. I'll need to give that a try once I'm at my pc. I'm not convinced this will sort the audio issues, but clearing that error is half my battle.

Syntax error sorted! Thanks to KK and ted_hou for the help on that one. Now if anyone has any suggestions for the the audio issues, I'm all ears. Perhaps someone knows some optimal video dimensions or aspect ratios? I can only seem to find the occasional mention of folks using 16:9. I'll experiment, but if any of you have dealt with this issue before, feel free to chime in.