Sign in to follow this  
Shamrock1916

Mac User.

Hi guys,

Well, I am a Mac user unfortunately (Got it as a present, so I can't complain), but I was looking at the Arma 3 Store and it said that there is indeed a Mac version in development and that there are ports and stuff.  Not quite sure what that means, however, I was looking for another mac user, or anyone who knows the whole deal behind this mac 'version.'  Am I able to buy it from the steam store or do I buy it from Bohemia's website.  Also, how is the online multiplayer capabilty for this experimental version.  I am happy with buying it, however, I prefer to play online rather than just the campaign so I would love to hear about it.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

Hi Shamrock1916,

The Mac version is the same as the Linux version in that they are both considered complimentary to the main (Windows) version.

You can find more information here : http://dev.arma3.com/ports

Am I able to buy it from the steam store or do I buy it from Bohemia's website.

You chose, I would assume that a higher percentage of the sale goes directly to Bohemia as they do not need to pay Steam a commission or something similar for selling their game on their behalf.

how is the online multiplayer capabilty for this experimental version

Currently, Mac & Linux users are running version 1.42 of the game and do not have access to the BattlEye anti cheat system meaning that the Multiplayer aspect of the game is almost unaccessible to them (very few servers running version 1.42 of the game, even less that do not require BattlEye). However, this may change in the near future as Bohemia are currently testing an updated version (1.54) of the game and are in discussions with BattlEye in relation to bringing it into play for the experimental ports : http://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00137

If I were you I would wait a couple of weeks until the ports have been updated to version 1.54 and to also to see if it is going to be possible to introduce BattlEye to the ported version of the game.