Sign in to follow this  
derox

Interior dust/smoke

I am currently making a simple mission in Arma 3 where you have to breach a house and arrest/kill all the enemies. And I am trying to make the mission as immersive as possible with custom sounds and some interesting scripts. But there is one thing I need and I literally don't know any thing about it.
To make it more realistic/immersive I want that if you breach the house and fire in the house or use grenades I want smoke/dust to appear in the house a bit similar to GTA V, ofcourse I know it's not entirely possible to make it a 100% right but basically what I want is some dust hanging in the building so it has to be spawned in a small area and stay there. if tried a few things my self with the particle editor but I didn't get any thing close to it so far. So thats why i am here, to ask if there is someone that is willing to help me doing the particle stuff.

here are some references on how i would like it to look like.

http://beforeitsnews.com/mediadrop/uploads/2014/24/0ef18d93c1fddd21839f35fe06c414207d599f03.jpg

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xtf1/t51.2885-15/s640x640/sh0.08/e35/1170121_507949989393862_880696478_n.jpg

And why not use real grenades instead of particles?

Of course forget about AI throwing grenades inside the building, but you can at least créate a grenade in the building position you want..

Blastcore with normal explosions? if you want some DMM, you can just animate the building to do some cool stuff

Particle Emitters. You create them, place them, state the type/look/characteristics, give them a size and color and then set the random values and emission rates.

Doing this is easy actually. Getting it to look like you want it to, that takes time unless you already know of a cloud or smoke type of effect you want to use but control.

I should imagine that if you just want a "fog" so to speak, hanging in the room(s) then grenades are not going to work, because a grenade uses a looped animation of particles (as do most smokes and fires). Particles would work but you would have to tweak it to be just the right height, just the right color, just the right lifetime, etc etc. No denying it can really enhance the immersion factor though :)

This is not really about grenades or anything what I was trying to say I want to simulate the effect you get when a grenade explodes in a room what will happen, as you see in the video after the explosion the room is filled with dust and smoke. so I want a similar effect i already have the script that will trigger it after you fired a few shots or use grenades in the building. but I am not familiar with particle effects so i have no idea how to make an effect that will match the smoke/dust