HeroesandvillainsOS

Main menu says ArmA 2 and looks like something out of the 90's.

Not sure what happened. I've been trying for a half hour now trying to figure out how to take a screenshot of this on Windows 10. I have a picture on my phone I can forward to someone's email if they would be so kind.

Anyway, when I launch the game I get an error message that says "Arma 2 No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgFontFamilies.puristamedium'. " and I can't click on anything at all. And there's really no graphics behind the very simple menu options other than a white screen with a blue line in the middle.

I don't even own ArmA 2.

I verified my game cache twice nice and no change. I've read about this problem before but of course can't find it now that I need it. Yes searching "ArmA 3 menu error ArmA 2" confuses Google a lot. Lots of ArmA 2 results, nothing about this.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Edit: Here's the image https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4vtg73nnskcuyg/image.jpeg?dl=0

Are you running any mods? Something like CUP with Arma2 assets? To take a picture with windows 10 just hit print screen and the image should be stored with your arma3 .exe.Or just press F12 and use the steam screenshot function-then post the link to your Steam account.

I'm not running any CUP. This isn't just like an "oh my menu is styled weird" issue its that the actual ArmA 3 interface isn't loading at all. No sounds or graphics or anything.

I tried all of the suggestions on Google for how to store a screenshot, including on Steam but I can't seem to get that to work. Is there no way to post images from a phone here like you can on most other sites?

You seem to load quite a number of mods. Try to start Arma 3 without any mods. If you've placed your mods in your arma 3\addons\-folder, delete the whole folder and validate your files via steam.

You seem to load quite a number of mods. Try to start Arma 3 without any mods. If you've placed your mods in your arma 3\addons\-folder, delete the whole folder and validate your files via steam.

Exactly-first rule when facing issues like this is to run the game vanilla.If that fixes the issue,then start adding back mods one at a time until you find the culprit.

Ugh. I know exactly what happened.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=26972

If you read to today's update I made (I was kind of salty but I'm frustrated), ARMA's launcher caused this.

Never ever again. What a piece of crap.

Thanks guys. I have 21 what must be corrupted mods. Never again. A3Launcher here I come.

Yep. Confirmed. Every single one of my Workshop mods became corrupted. Yet again.

Thanks everyone.

Ohhh-that sucks. I try to stick to Armaholic etc for mods and just use Steam workshop for missions- that way you don't have the workshop auto-updating mods. I did have to delete 1200 missions a couple of weeks ago though-they got stuck in a loop of constant updating. Anyway-glad you resolved the issue.

Yeah for now I'm sitting here just subscribing to the essentials. I think I'll have around 10 or so total with the other 80+ from Armaholic. :)

I love the auto-updater but you're right, that's probably exactly what the problem is. The mods got corrupted today when they were all being forced to update even though none of them needed any updating.

Maybe I'm blaming the launcher here when the actual culprit is Workshop itself? Sounds plausible.

EDIT: Did you say 1200 missions??? Holy crap!

Yeah for now I'm sitting here just subscribing to the essentials. I think I'll have around 10 or so total with the other 80+ from Armaholic. :)

I love the auto-updater but you're right, that's probably exactly what the problem is. The mods got corrupted today when they were all being forced to update even though none of them needed any updating.

Maybe I'm blaming the launcher here when the actual culprit is Workshop itself? Sounds plausible.

EDIT: Did you say 1200 missions??? Holy crap!

Yes I did say 1200 missions...that should be a cautionary tale to anyone else who just flicks through the workshop subscribing to anything that catches their eye.Took an hour to delete them-I now have about 20 missions ;)

• Like 1