On 2/1/2017 at 2:12 PM, hcpookie said:

"shadow kind of thing..."  Not sure what you mean exactly?   I see textures with a 3D shadow covering that left MFD, which is correct.  That grey color overlay looks like a PIP window, or perhaps you have a "display_on" animation that covers the MFD's when engine is off?

Peral helped me fix the shadow issue. I had no LOD for the view cargo shadow. Its been awhile! haha. Anyhow, heres the cockpit so far (We need to make some rvmat adjustments I am thinking) 

The right MFD can display flir when the pod is attached via service menu. 

D21C44448CC3C57763BCFEA7AF04331DE4177150

9F11E5053A627255070FF508CD9A54E1A05C6F5E (1920×1080)

• Like 4

I see what you are saying now.  I never use a cargo shadow lod.  I always rely on the standard shadow LOD so I can get the sunlight in the cockpit.  Always had a problem being stuck inside a "shadow box" even when the sun was out.

Regardless.

Looking forward to shooting this down with my SAM's, er, I mean, looking forward to some missile spoofing - according to here, the ALQ-99 can also jam the VHF antennas like the P-18.  VHF radar ranges are more difficult to spoof and more effective vs. "stealth" countermeasures...

http://aviationweek.com/technology/new-radars-irst-strengthen-stealth-detection-claims

Boeing has promoted the EA-18G Growler’s ability to jam in the VHF band, which is built into the current ALQ-99 low-band pod configuration (the most modern part of the system) and the planned Increment 2 of the Next Generation Jammer system. Increment 2 will likely comprise an upgrade to the current pod—the best solution to emerge from an analysis of alternatives conducted in 2012. A contract should be issued in 2017 with initial operational capability in 2024.

Of course I have a P-18 radar in my SAM pack... should make things interesting :D

• Like 1

On 10/29/2016 at 7:49 AM, payne2010 said:

Is the cockpit going to be interactive kind of like the ah-64 apache longbow, for like start ups and weapons control?

Bohemia needs to convert all the in-game vehicles to that standard. Addaction menus need to go.

Yes ,to adopt this standard will much add to the emersion of systems and the interrest to learn how to in the game.

are you planing to release mod after jets dlc?  or before

75811B3C51B92CEBC2F421C7A5D2F84DB6ADCE2A

4B38BDF338BEF94165BF530FAD66DC9A01BF233D

4A6B776079CC3232081905FC5159738742C30FC4

79667C4868C0CAA631ABB6BED0784D4DA9C05971

96C5FD9D1941BE57E7E880546871070EADFED191

C257B15930BB87C337D559A32D1ED13B9D8F5D5B

i took over the Growler development from Growler Team(already it was discussed with Mr.Red and some people)

Growler team did make the great work Already, so my work is upgrade of this with jet dlc feature like carrier ops , dynamic loadout, extended hitpoint and bug fixes and finishing touch.

here's list of currently completed

- Dynamic Loadout

- Black cockpit issues fixed

- New Physx based Suspension, aircraft simulation(called airplaneX)

- Carrier Ops Compatibility with USS Freedom(see the Video)

- Sensor Integration. EA-18G have longer range of Passive Radar for detect of Active RDR vehicles(like AA Tank)

- Datalink Send/Receive

list of need to work

- rest of cockpit addition

- pilot animation

- more bug fix

- extended hitpoint

- the finishing touch.

• Like 21

This looks downright sexy. The more carrier-launched fighter support the better. And this opens some interesting avenues for missions. The USMC on Tanoa will love this!

Since I was employed at a helicopter service at the beggining of this year, and my recent enlistment into the USMC as a helicopter crew chief, I haven't had much time to work on this project, neither has the team. We came to the joint decision that firewill had the best ability to finish what we came so close to completing and updating it over time with us involved. Thank you all for the support and we hope you enjoy the aircraft on its release. 

• Like 16

This could be a silly question, but is the dynamic loadout in the screenshot from dev branch which will be in the Jets DLC is or that a module or script?

9 hours ago, flanders25 said:

Since I was employed at a helicopter service at the beggining of this year, and my recent enlistment into the USMC as a helicopter crew chief, I haven't had much time to work on this project, neither has the team. We came to the joint decision that firewill had the best ability to finish what we came so close to completing and updating it over time with us involved. Thank you all for the support and we hope you enjoy the aircraft on its release. 

Congrats on your enlistment. My cousin leaves for Paris island in about 6 weeks.  

This mod will be in quality hands with Firewill.  Have you turned over development of your CH-46 as well?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, islesfan186 said:

This could be a silly question, but is the dynamic loadout in the screenshot from dev branch which will be in the Jets DLC is or that a module or script?

The loadout stuff you saw in the screenshot is part of the free platform update coming with the Jets DLC

• Like 1

Great to see this project passed onto another great modder in the community. Congrats to everyone apart of the development, it looks amazing, and I look forward to Firewill's continuation and completion of the potential this addon has!

On 5/4/2017 at 9:21 PM, islesfan186 said:

Congrats on your enlistment. My cousin leaves for Paris island in about 6 weeks.  

This mod will be in quality hands with Firewill.  Have you turned over development of your CH-46 as well?

That question is better suited for NightIntruder. The Phrog has been in his hands. 

some skins work by SimTV

8E45C2812B57CCF0463E9329F06D1FB82D06F955

VAQ-130

615CB7F817F3DBFCE6B5805CC918A7E0FF27CB98

VAQ-136

EF39631344F6CD08A829A5B8AD2AF3004551FCA6

VAQ-138

• Like 14

This is some amazing work that the team has put into this mod so far. I have one query though regarding the future content with this mod.I know we have the JS Superhornet but is there a consideration of expanding this mod to include the E/F or even the new H model?

I think that AWS with a E/F air-frame would really be sweet and utilized especially with the focus on naval aviation jets brought out. I also believe that there was mentioned elsewhere was just wondering if there are any further plans. Firewill and the rest of the growler team thank you guys for keeping the aircraft modding community alive and well I will continue to enjoy all of your content.

I do remember a  post a while back with a F/A-18F model, but I don't know if it got handed off to Firewill as it was very WIP. JohnSaul's Supers are good aircraft as well, and just got updated to the Jets DLC standard.

On 5/27/2017 at 4:19 AM, Waller said:

This is some amazing work that the team has put into this mod so far. I have one query though regarding the future content with this mod.I know we have the JS Superhornet but is there a consideration of expanding this mod to include the E/F or even the new H model?

I think that AWS with a E/F air-frame would really be sweet and utilized especially with the focus on naval aviation jets brought out. I also believe that there was mentioned elsewhere was just wondering if there are any further plans. Firewill and the rest of the growler team thank you guys for keeping the aircraft modding community alive and well I will continue to enjoy all of your content.

Firewill has full permission to do so, although I am not sure if he will. That's up to him. On another note, I have always been working on the legacy hornets, such as the C & D and I do think the C will possibly make a release before I leave. https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/823441571256037844/4BB15387C2D1562DDFE2E557B10BD3FA44824B7D/

• Like 5

currently i'm focus on EA-18G. other hornet like E/F? highly possible.. but already i got a many works.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, firewill said:

other hornet like E/F? highly possible

:O > :D

23 hours ago, flanders25 said:

Firewill has full permission to do so, although I am not sure if he will. That's up to him. On another note, I have always been working on the legacy hornets, such as the C & D and I do think the C will possibly make a release before I leave. https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/823441571256037844/4BB15387C2D1562DDFE2E557B10BD3FA44824B7D/

F-18C? Nice to hear somethingh like this. Hope not only a simple idea. But of course this is just what I hope. However dear flanders25, thanks for your work! :)

such an amazing piece of work. thank you for improving the arma community. i love carrier fighters. this will be a good addition. good luck with your navy career. SEMPER FI !

I absolutely love this model. I work on these in real life and I can tell you first hand just how amazing these jets are. Temperamental, but amazing. I do think I should let you know though, that's not what VAQ-136s CAG jet looks like. Its an amazing paint job, but if you were going for realism first, the paint job for the CAG jet is just grey with a gold and silver sword and gauntlet, none of that other fancy stuff. However, I wish it looked like that in real life. Anyway, just thought I'd throw that in there. Can't wait for this beast to be released!

• Like 1

On 2017. 6. 2. at 5:57 AM, LtMoonPie said:

I absolutely love this model. I work on these in real life and I can tell you first hand just how amazing these jets are. Temperamental, but amazing. I do think I should let you know though, that's not what VAQ-136s CAG jet looks like. Its an amazing paint job, but if you were going for realism first, the paint job for the CAG jet is just grey with a gold and silver sword and gauntlet, none of that other fancy stuff. However, I wish it looked like that in real life. Anyway, just thought I'd throw that in there. Can't wait for this beast to be released!

read carefully again, there is no CAG mentioned in my post.

these 3 works made by SimTV like i said, so i don't know he's intention of these work(such as why choose these) but i'm sure he had some evidence for that.

9 hours ago, Suprised Stan Lee said:

Is there a release date for this aircraft? I'm really interested in trying this out.

Please don't ask for release dates or updates, as per forum rules.  There are many of us that are anxiously awaiting this add-on among others, but modding is a hobby, not a job.  It'll be ready when it's ready.

• Like 1