The chat is between the guy and Flanders25, falnders25 just asked me to upload the screens!

34efb47.jpg

vzisy8.jpg

Hacking into your database housing your intellectual property makes him a thief.  As in you could call the FBI and probably have grounds to get him arrested.

He is obviously a teenager or a foreigner who has no regard for IP.  He needs to be banned and removed from the community.

And how the hell did he get into your database?  As an IT professional that would worry me.

• Like 1

Hacking into your database housing your intellectual property makes him a thief.  As in you could call the FBI and probably have grounds to get him arrested.

He is obviously a teenager or a foreigner who has no regard for IP.  He needs to be banned and removed from the community.

And how the hell did he get into your database?  As an IT professional that would worry me.

Well, him getting into our data is my best bet. It was just a mediafire account we used, and if he had the right link, he could have gotten what he wanted( downloads where removed every 24 hrs after posted to try and prevent this) So maybe breach was the wrong term, and maybe it was my fault to use such an insecure system, but he knew exactly what he was doing, as after I saw I contacted him about it politely and just asked him to take the videos and pictures down and he refused and then claimed it was his work.

Well, him getting into our data is my best bet. It was just a mediafire account we used, and if he had the right link, he could have gotten what he wanted( downloads where removed every 24 hrs after posted to try and prevent this) So maybe breach was the wrong term, and maybe it was my fault to use such an insecure system, but he knew exactly what he was doing, as after I saw I contacted him about it politely and just asked him to take the videos and pictures down and he refused and then claimed it was his work.

Either way, don't just let this go, get some authorities involved and take him and the video down. There's no excuse for doing what he did, and I agree with hcpookie, he's stealing your intellectual property considering he got it without your consent and is claiming it's his.

Call the police, mate. They are to levy on the material evidence which is clearly the guy's PC. For such person, whether he's just a teenager or foreigner, lost of net and beloved toy would be severe punishment, enough to give him lesson about IP and value of your several-month work. I wouldn't leave it as it is now, so the guy shouldn't just feel unpunished after all this crap. Simply, go to the police station and ask them about what can be done in such situation, easy.

I just want him to comply and take down everything he has put up and delete the file, and I will drop it and let him be. But he seems to want to argue and threaten us about this (threatens to uplaod the growler to public) and is trying to argue how he had gotten the Growler. All I know is he had our property with out authorization from any team member, and then refused to take the content down.

Reach out to Sgt. Savage.  He had to deal with a "tool" like this kid a few months ago w/ the Unsung mod.  He may have some info on how to go about getting this shitbag banned from Steam.  I don't recall the outcome but the kid that was a pain in our side went away so he may have some insight.

To be honest, your content is probably "lost" so to speak, however you could always leverage something within the pack to cripple it.  e.g. try to use the catapult on the carrier, if player ID = "jackass" then setdamage = 1 him.  You/I/we could also incorporate a getPlayerID on his steam ID and setdamage = 1 him if he gets into a vehicle.  Would kind of break the game for him :)

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/getPlayerUID

• Like 6

I just want him to comply and take down everything he has put up and delete the file, and I will drop it and let him be. But he seems to want to argue and threaten us about this (threatens to uplaod the growler to public) and is trying to argue how he had gotten the Growler. All I know is he had our property with out authorization from any team member, and then refused to take the content down.

We are supporting you and your work and and where hell is donation button ??? as i said few months ago people like you deserve much more from community your work is outstanding !

No donation button is needed, I enjoy doing this, it's fun but sometimes a pain in the butt like today. And yeah Pook, I need to figure something out. It now seems like he took he PBO from one of our testers. I asked him to remove all the stuff, but he is now refusing and is saying that because he got it from another tester that he does not have to listen to me and has every right to use it. He has now blocked me. His logic: if someone says you can use a car, and you do use it, and the police pull you over and inform you that it is stolen, you can simply drive away with it and say you don't have to listen to the police because another guy said you could use it. I learned a big lesson I guess with this whole thing. I am just pissed, this team has worked around the clock some days and this dude comes in and does this. All we wanted was for him to remove the stuff, and we could drop this, but it seems like he wants to make this hard.

• Like 1

No donation button is needed, I enjoy doing this, it's fun but sometimes a pain in the butt like today. And yeah Pook, I need to figure something out. It now seems like he took he PBO from one of our testers. I asked him to remove all the stuff, but he is now refusing and is saying that because he got it from another tester that he does not have to listen to me and has every right to use it. He has now blocked me. His logic: if someone says you can use a car, and you do use it, and the police pull you over and inform you that it is stolen, you can simply drive away with it and say you don't have to listen to the police because another guy said you could use it. I learned a big lesson I guess with this whole thing. I am just pissed, this team has worked around the clock some days and this dude comes in and does this.

Well we're with you, and I for one will help in anyway I can to make sure you get this problem solved and punish this nitwit for the stupidity he's pulled.

What a selfish prick!! @flanders25 we're all behind you on this, I hope they catch the bastard. Here is the morons YouTube channel: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC2tMJimIot4FDL9eGJcWHlQ

Could you/others ban him from all the servers if he tries to play ArmA3 online? I'm sure that would f@#$ up his day!! I hope this gets resolved & that moron gets severely punished. Keep your chin up & keep fighting on. We're all with you 100%. Cheers.

The guy has now uploaded my work with no permission. I am done modding here until something can be done. It's bullshit that this team has spent months, and has gone through major head aches, and one guy comes along, rips our work and uploads it for public. This mod contains the work of numerous arma modders who have been modding since OFP. This is sickening. This group tried to make content for this community and this is the result.  Until it can be resolved, consider this project and my other projects on hold/canceled. This does not include the CH-46.

His info:

STEAM_0:1:108611625
 This is his profile link ID 76561198177488979
  • Like 2

Very unfortunate that your work was stolen, and they didn't even give credit.  
You can take steps to inform the necessary staff of this event and have the content removed from the workshop.
https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/180643-steam-workshop-policing-is-meant-to-work-how/?p=2847728

Secondly you may be able to get the file removed from mediafire because this is in breech of their terms of service. 
https://www.mediafire.com/policies/content.php

I have issued a similar report to YouTube, steam, and mediafire. But I have heard nothing usually happens from these. My fingers are crossed, and I hope this all gets resolved.

Flagged as stolen on the workshop. Hes really taking the piss its an insult to all the people that has put in so much time and effort to supply the community with their work and ask for nothing in return to have this sort of low life do this. hopefully it can be taken down asap. 

Yes, I have also learned a lesson too. Make sure all your addon files are secure. Not everyone is nice.

I have issued a similar report to YouTube, steam, and mediafire. But I have heard nothing usually happens from these. My fingers are crossed, and I hope this all gets resolved.

If nothing else drop dwarden a message, I've seen lots of mods uploaded without permission be removed.

If nothing else drop dwarden a message, I've seen lots of mods uploaded without permission be removed.

I have messaged him, I hope to hear back and get some results. The guy has now disabled comments on his workshop page after tons of people commented. So thanks for the support
  • Like 5

Seconded on sending Dwarden a message.  He should be able to help out too!

• Like 4

Seconded on sending Dwarden a message.  He should be able to help out too!

Thanks, it also contained your sonic boom script. I think that was even open source, but I would still consider your work stolen as well.

Looking at his download, it looks like he also has other people's PBOs that are unreleased. I have no idea if he has the unpacked to anything, but he has the PBOs