Is there an ETA of the release of this plane?

Once our cockpit is complete, I can give you a better answer on that, but its getting close for sure 

• Like 2

Hey guys, a quick update on the progress. 

UV unwrap for the cockpit -30% complete

Textures (exterior not interior wise such as the cockpit) -100% complete

Animations- 99% complete

Scripts- 60% Complete

Tetet is working on making a script for the Growler that will jam any SAM from shooting at any blufor aircraft thats within a certain distance of the Growler, giving any blufor aircraft the opportunity to eliminate  AA while the Growler is near, although we are unsure how possible it is, so until you see a test, dont take this as a confirmation of that function. Lots of small fixes have also been completed. There is still a lot of work that needs to be done, but with the help the community has been providing to this mod/team so far (especially from Peral & Firewill) I am sure we will be able to get it all done. Here are a few screenies of some new textures

77CE61F5600D5504D409F575F55D6EE0E2D3F5C2DC55A2945FBC18986CB735D43939AF4EE7533788

• Like 5

Looks like its coming along nicely. 

Superb work from everyone on the team..

If you guys need anymore flight testers don't hesitate on contacting me. I have over 3000 hours in the game and a large number of them flying aircraft. :) 

I do a lot of the scripting for the USAF mod, and was also working with the USN mod Seven Seas guys before they disbanded. I'd like to offer my services in regards to the electronic warfare features you'd like to add to the aircraft - I either already have working scripts or I already have an idea on how to do whatever you need done.

• Like 3

Hi everyone, the Growler is just about ready for release with everything nearing completion other then a few bugs and the cockpit, which I have sad news on. Super Fast Blast who was unwrapping it deleted it by accident and doesn't have the time to start all over, so I am asking anyone who would help unwrap and texture the cockpit (Just unwrapping it would be a major help to us) to please contact me, we really need the help.

Id also like to mention that arindfle has joined the team and is helping finalize the scripts and add more features. 

Hopefully in the next update I can deliver better news, but thats the current state of this project

Thanks for all the support and feedback

Rob

• Like 1

Don`t you have a copy-I meant the file you sent him?  That should contain a full orginal...

Don`t you have a copy-I meant the file you sent him?  That should contain a full orginal...

Thats only the model. What he unwrapped is effectively gone. 

Don`t you have a "wrapped" version?  The one you have on you`re computer--before he got it?  Or a "revision"  "edition" ,of it?  You know  V.0.9xxx of it ....everything included.

Auto-save from the Blender,Max or some files form Photoshop.

Just a tip.....we are happy to get it at all.  

If it has been deleted, can you use a file recovery tool like recuva to get it back?

Or even Windows File History-Latest Working Edition.File Recovery Tool/Back-up from a earlier date?

Or even Windows File History-Latest Working Edition.File Recovery Tool/Back-up from a earlier date?

Wasn't on my pc so I couldn't do those things, but I have some good news, Peral has come to the rescue again and has/is unwraping it for us again. So we are back on track thanks to him!

• Like 2

Good news!  Will you incorporate the 1.60 update bomb-system?  The Targeting update?

Good news!  Will you incorporate the 1.60 update bomb-system?  The Targeting update?

We are working on our own targeting system ;)

• Like 3

For sure air addon of the year great work so fast so professional !  B)

Heya, here's my light configs we were talking about:

All of this goes in your plane class inside cfgvehicles:

class Reflectors {

class Left
			{

color[] 		= {1900, 1800, 1700};		/// approximate colour of standard lights
				ambient[]		= {5, 5, 5};				/// nearly a white one

position = "L svetlo";			
				direction = "L svetlo dir";			
				hitpoint = "L svetlo";			
				selection = "L svetlo";		

size 			= 1;						/// size of the light point seen from distance
				innerAngle 		= 100;						/// angle of full light
				outerAngle 		= 179;						/// angle of some light
				coneFadeCoef 	= 10;						/// attenuation of light between the above angles
				intensity 		= 1;						/// strength of the light
				useFlare 		= true;						/// does the light use flare?
				dayLight 		= false;					/// switching light off during day saves CPU a lot
				flareSize 		= 1.0;						/// how big is the flare
				class Attenuation
				{
					start 			= 1.0;
					constant 		= 0; 
					linear 			= 0; 
					quadratic 		= 0.25; 
					hardLimitStart 	= 30;		/// it is good to have some limit otherwise the light would shine to infinite distance
					hardLimitEnd 	= 60;		/// this allows adding more lights into scene
				};

};

class Right: Left
			{
				position = "P svetlo";
				direction = "P svetlo dir";
				hitpoint = "P svetlo";
				selection = "P svetlo";
			};

class Center: Left
			{
				position = "C svetlo";
				direction = "C svetlo dir";
				hitpoint = "C svetlo";
				selection = "C svetlo";
			};
		};	

Reflectors are the main lights, landing gear activated (only on when fully deployed)

class MarkerLights	{

class RedStill
			{
				name = "PositionLight_red";
				color[] = {1.0, 0.1, 0.1, 1};
				ambient[] = {0.1, 0.01, 0.01, 1};
				brightness = 0.15;
				blinking = false;
			};
			class GreenStill
			{
				name = "PositionLight_green";
				color[] = {0.1, 1.0, 0.1, 1};
				ambient[] = {0.01, 0.1, 0.01, 1};
				brightness = 0.15;
				blinking = false;
			};

class WhiteCollision
			{
				name = "CollisionLight";
				color[] = {1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1};
				ambient[] = {0.1, 0.1, 0.1, 1};
				brightness = 0.1;
				blinking = true;
			};
		};

this class is the position lights, activated through mouse action.

I think I got them from either the apl sample files or the a3 examples.

Of couse you can give these values any name you can think of

position = "L svetlo";            
direction = "L svetlo dir";   

could be

position = "light_center_origin";

direction = "light_center_dir";

you only have to name/rename two points in Memory LOD according

if you do not want to have one or the other just use

class Reflectors {};

or

class MarkerLights {};

to remove it from the plane

• Like 1

Cockpit is finished being unwrapped :)A961B1A2DC24623D4F3E5C85341F151A2EF2CD6C

• Like 8

Cockpit is finished being unwrapped :)A961B1A2DC24623D4F3E5C85341F151A2EF2CD6C

Nice work!! I can't wait for this, it looks absolutely stunning. By the way, where did the F-16I Sufa come from? I haven't seen this in any other mod. I'm assuming that this is a subtle way of showing another WIP? From all us A3 aviators out there, your work is highly regarded & appreciated. Thanks ☺

Nice work!! I can't wait for this, it looks absolutely stunning. By the way, where did the F-16I Sufa come from? I haven't seen this in any other mod. I'm assuming that this is a subtle way of showing another WIP? From all us A3 aviators out there, your work is highly regarded & appreciated. Thanks ☺

F-16I is mine, but I have no intention to release it. I handed the project over to firewill as it will fit right in with his series of F-16s and he has everything needed to complete it, so I think you will see it in the coming months :). 

• Like 4

We are working on our own targeting system ;)

A suggestion, if you don't mind:

For GPS/INS guided bombs (if you add them), it would be super beneficial if you just entered the grid reference and elevation. Using a JTAC or a targeting pod to get these numbers, would mean that it would be a. quicker, as you don't have to find the location on a map and b. more accurate, as you wouldn't have to try to guess where that 10-digit grid reg is on a 6-digit map. Elevation would be useful as opposed to just setting it at ground level, as this means you can target houses or stuff under tree cover by just offsetting the elevation. If you've ever used JS's F/A18 pack, they had the map system and it had some shortfalls IMO. Ideally you wouldn't even have to do a virtual laser to simulate GPS/INS munitions, but engine limitations suck :(

Also, if possible, Laser-JDAM's - do the above GPS thing, and then a JTAC or friendly aircraft can laser lock mid flight, so you can hit moving targets or be super accurate.

Eagerly awaiting this, it looks amazing :)

A suggestion, if you don't mind:

For GPS/INS guided bombs (if you add them), it would be super beneficial if you just entered the grid reference and elevation. Using a JTAC or a targeting pod to get these numbers, would mean that it would be a. quicker, as you don't have to find the location on a map and b. more accurate, as you wouldn't have to try to guess where that 10-digit grid reg is on a 6-digit map. Elevation would be useful as opposed to just setting it at ground level, as this means you can target houses or stuff under tree cover by just offsetting the elevation. If you've ever used JS's F/A18 pack, they had the map system and it had some shortfalls IMO. Ideally you wouldn't even have to do a virtual laser to simulate GPS/INS munitions, but engine limitations suck :(

Also, if possible, Laser-JDAM's - do the above GPS thing, and then a JTAC or friendly aircraft can laser lock mid flight, so you can hit moving targets or be super accurate.

Eagerly awaiting this, it looks amazing :)

Hey there! Thanks for the kind words :). As for your recommendations, I will keep them in mind for any future projects of mine, but I usually use AWS. The Growlers role isn't CAS but rather electronic warfare, so that system will not be needed here but I like the idea. We have a targeting system though in progress for the HARM missile systems which I hope I can show you all soon. It may make it into the first release or may come as an update at some point after its released as everyone's busy with life and Id like you all to enjoy the Growler with the Apex DLC. 

• Like 2

Ah, okay! I'm not really familiar with the growler, hadn't even heard of it before this addon :P

l'm definitely looking forward to the HARM missiles, they'll be great in a conventional fight!

We have a targeting system though in progress for the HARM missile systems which I hope I can show you all soon.

Well now you have my attention.  :)  My SAM pack is currently getting some much-needed attention with the new values to make them work correctly in the A3 environment as they did in A2.  I'll need to research this in order to better understand how to protect my valuable SAM assets against your HARM targeting system... threat/countermeasure...  :D

• Like 2

Well now you have my attention.  :)  My SAM pack is currently getting some much-needed attention with the new values to make them work correctly in the A3 environment as they did in A2.  I'll need to research this in order to better understand how to protect my valuable SAM assets against your HARM targeting system... threat/countermeasure...  :D

Your SAM pack will go down in flames!! :P :P :P