Cockpit info? Pictures? Scripts development?

The script is still in progress but I had a video of what it currently does that was released awhile ago. I will update you when significant progress has been made there.

I posted a ton of pics this week

I posted a lot of info and pics about the cockpit a few weeks ago, we are still unwrapping it (Taking much longer then expected) but heres the most recent screenshot, keep in mind it is a WIP and things will be adjusted :

AEB99ED9813213D6B986B54238A34C698924EF07

• Like 2

Consideration: If all goes well a pack is being considered to be made. It would include the F/18F, F/18E, but that is far in the future and if this goes smooth. (USN Mod will be doing these with this model, not me, but I am doing the EA-18G myself.)

Really hope the F/18 eventuates. Nothing against John_Spartan & Saul's fine release but AWS has emerged as a much needed standard for mod interoperability and relative performance.

Hey everyone, so I'm stuck and I'm looking for help. I am trying to get sounds for my animations, such as folding the wings and such. 

Also, a new WIP video.

(shadows are just rectangles placed in the shadow LOD right now. The shadow made how its supposed to didnt work and is still being trouble shooted)

oh boy you have a long way to go....

so what's in the model:

- LOD 0 - 6 are visual level of distance, where LOD 0 is HD quality LOW poly model max 25K polys. Then rest of the lods is optimized mesh where in LOD 6 polycount can go as low as few hundred. By not creating these LODS properly you are reducing FPS for player, in SP not a big deal but in MP...

- Shadow LOD is normally a 2K mesh representation, must meet certain criteria - read BI wiki here. But for some exceptional projects you can max out polycount up to 25 k if necessary, be careful FPS vs looks

- viewPilot & viewGunner & viewCargo is where you spend the time, rule of thumb here - this is the most detailed LOD - if you want to get as close as possible to real life plane and give others the feeling of flying one then cockpit has to be detailed, a lot of mods fail n this [made same mistake with my mods]

- geometry is LOD that consists from blocks of closed convex meshes. This lod will affect collision and FM so spend some time on this one.

- fire Geometry, is where you define how plane will react when hit

- hit points is defining vehicles week spots or critical componenets then configured in CfgVehicles

- Memory lod holds all important animation axis for all your animations and FX

As for tail hook then it's a custom feature, so that means BI's vanilla engine wont support it. You wont get a sound of lowering it/raising it as simple as with landing gear. You will have to script this. Also the whole animation will be scripted. PlaySound3d is what you are after.

have fun

John

• Like 8

oh boy you have a long way to go....

so what's in the model:

- LOD 0 - 6 are visual level of distance, where LOD 0 is HD quality LOW poly model max 25K polys. Then rest of the lods is optimized mesh where in LOD 6 polycount can go as low as few hundred. By not creating these LODS properly you are reducing FPS for player, in SP not a big deal but in MP...

- Shadow LOD is normally a 2K mesh representation, must meet certain criteria - read BI wiki here. But for some exceptional projects you can max out polycount up to 25 k if necessary, be careful FPS vs looks

- viewPilot & viewGunner & viewCargo is where you spend the time, rule of thumb here - this is the most detailed LOD - if you want to get as close as possible to real life plane and give others the feeling of flying one then cockpit has to be detailed, a lot of mods fail n this [made same mistake with my mods]

- geometry is LOD that consists from blocks of closed convex meshes. This lod will affect collision and FM so spend some time on this one.

- fire Geometry, is where you define how plane will react when hit

- hit points is defining vehicles week spots or critical componenets then configured in CfgVehicles

- Memory lod holds all important animation axis for all your animations and FX

As for tail hook then it's a custom feature, so that means BI's vanilla engine wont support it. You wont get a sound of lowering it/raising it as simple as with landing gear. You will have to script this. Also the whole animation will be scripted. PlaySound3d is what you are after.

have fun

John

Hi John! I hope the Growler can be on the level of your Hornets, but obviously I'm new to all this and its a new struggle everyday. Anyway, Peral and Firewill helped me set up the main LODS, such as some of the ones you mentioned, but even Perals couldnt get the shadow to look right. Thanks for the input and advice, your hornets are awesome man.

• Like 2

Hey everyone, just a quick update

- I cant get the shadow to work right so if anyone can help, thatd be appreciated, but WIP 

- Texture artist, Brian, has joined the Growler team

- Scripts to jam radios (ACE and default/vanilla) are in progress

- Cockpit texturing is in progress

- HUD overhaul is in progress

- F-18F is in progress

- Texture overhaul in progress

Example of some texture stuff being done (Brian came up with the idea and did it, kind of a weathered effect) 

72DA046AF4C43D0CD075AC9481C63E279A4FE717

Here are some screenies of the F: 

D3D2C88DBEB6DEEB733620B2C832959DDC7EC2BF

• Like 6

Will we get Buddy-Refueling too? Just a tank+basket.

Could we get some script that could make the plane catch fire but won`t explode? AAA-gun truck fire may just not actually make it take it out in full .

Could we get a small dingy for ejecting over water?

Radio-beacon to find the crew?

Will we get Buddy-Refueling too? Just a tank+basket.

Could we get some script that could make the plane catch fire but won`t explode? AAA-gun truck fire may just not actually make it take it out in full .

Could we get a small dingy for ejecting over water?

Radio-beacon to find the crew?

Well, the F is just a prototype/idea right now, so not confirming anything there, possibly to your second idea, and probably no and no for the other two but ill consider. Im not a good scripter so yeah. 

Great work, love what you guys have done so far. I just wanted to ask, will you be doing the Raytheon Next Generation Jammer for the Growler? I know that it's currently in the testing phase at the moment with the US Navy but it would be fully operational in the ArmA 3 timeline (2035?). It's set to replace the ALQ-99 pods around 2021. Plus if you chose to do these pods the beauty would be that they have no moving parts (ie front end propeller). You might want to check out the links. Thanks & keep up the outstanding work. ☺ http://raytheon.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=2510

http://www.raytheon.com/capabilities/products/ngj/

http://www.raytheon.com/news/feature/rtn13_navy_ngj2.html

http://mil-embedded.com/news/next-generation-jammer-design-expanded-at-naval-air-warfare-center/

http://forum.keypublishing.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=220208&stc=1&d=1377646843

Growler Evening Carrier Landing:

z0C4oLX.jpg

• Like 8

Could we get a Recce-version too?  A pod with a video-camera and angled didigtal-cameras to do recon-flights?  Would be very useful....Send video-feed to Ctab,C2 tablet and maybe add the small helmet camera on a mount inside a pod,behind a window.  Screen-to-world ,and a x-40 zoom will make a decent TARPS pod.

Could we get a Recce-version too?  A pod with a video-camera and angled didigtal-cameras to do recon-flights?  Would be very useful....Send video-feed to Ctab,C2 tablet and maybe add the small helmet camera on a mount inside a pod,behind a window.  Screen-to-world ,and a x-40 zoom will make a decent TARPS pod.

Are you a relative of john1 or something like that? Ahah

• Like 4

Great work, love what you guys have done so far. I just wanted to ask, will you be doing the Raytheon Next Generation Jammer for the Growler? I know that it's currently in the testing phase at the moment with the US Navy but it would be fully operational in the ArmA 3 timeline (2035?). It's set to replace the ALQ-99 pods around 2021. Plus if you chose to do these pods the beauty would be that they have no moving parts (ie front end propeller). You might want to check out the links. Thanks & keep up the outstanding work. ☺ http://raytheon.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=2510

http://www.raytheon.com/capabilities/products/ngj/

http://www.raytheon.com/news/feature/rtn13_navy_ngj2.html

http://mil-embedded.com/news/next-generation-jammer-design-expanded-at-naval-air-warfare-center/

http://forum.keypublishing.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=220208&stc=1&d=1377646843

That version is being considered, and may start over the summer, but I cant model for my life, so with no modeler its not happening. 

I thought about a recon version, but I feel as if an F would do that job, but  im no expert. 

• Like 2

Hey everyone, this week we got a lot done 

-With the help of Firewill, nozzle animations where completed and a new proper shadow was made

-Added wing hinges

-Successfully jammed ACER radio and preparing to test jamming vanilla radio. 

-2 new skins

-Some minor cockpit work (This is where the majority of our work lays.) 

38BBD86341E19284FD582852804057E6983F324E

6B0D2D309AB45AA4A4DD465A4813966479A8C75A

• Like 4

Did I see a MOAB :D ?

It is functional or just for decoration ?

Did I see a MOAB :D ?

It is functional or just for decoration ?

It's from USAF mod, pretty sure it's functional and is dropped from the c130 but don't quote me on that one

• Like 2

It's from USAF mod, pretty sure it's functional and is dropped from the c130 but don't quote me on that one

Its dropable for the Super Hercules 

• Like 1

I didn't know that USAF mod have add MOAB, thx, By the way I can't wait the CH-46 and the EA-18G  :)

Where does the EA-6B Prowler in the background come from? 

It's another Flanders25 work, you can find the thread in the addon discussion section ;)

• Like 2

What weapon box will this use? CUP-ejector seats?  A small "request":Can it be possible to go gear up ON the Ground?  That way we could belly-land this plane if engines get shoot-out and then go gear-up on the ground-makeing for a Search and Destroy mission -to protect the tech from theft.

Could we get weapons as placeble items stand alone in Zeus or something?  If we could get a eject-button to jettison stores from pylons,without those exploding on us.

Would make for some exiting missions.thnx

What weapon box will this use? CUP-ejector seats?  A small "request":Can it be possible to go gear up ON the Ground?  That way we could belly-land this plane if engines get shoot-out and then go gear-up on the ground-makeing for a Search and Destroy mission -to protect the tech from theft.

Could we get weapons as placeble items stand alone in Zeus or something?  If we could get a eject-button to jettison stores from pylons,without those exploding on us.

Would make for some exiting missions.thnx

I suggest you stop with asking questions and requesting a load of stuff all the time and start reading the Thread itself you might learn something from it. As we have mentioned before we are using Firewills missilebox, this also includes his Service menu. As this plane wont be part of CUP, we wont be using CUP Ejector seats (I believe this has also been mentioned before).

• Like 4

Thanks to Firewill, you will be able to add your custom rank and name on the side of the Growler!

5A66CD9D53091043FDE8B08896066DE60C826A54

• Like 8

Can confirm

VnmfauD.jpg

• Like 6