Sign in to follow this  
karl1206

Scripting a medevac situation

Hey guys :)

I am making a cinematic mission where i would love a Medical evacuation by helicopter. i have got a helicopter to come in and land using unitCapture/unitPlay but i dont know what the most efficient way of having one AI carry another AI to the helicopter?

thx in advance :)

There were some 'carrying a unit' animations for Arma 2. There's a mod that ports all of them over to Arma 3. Check it out and see if you find the exact anim.

Report back your findings, so others can benefit, too.

I am also curious about this one. Some of the revive systems have drag and carry options, although I'm not certain on the AI to AI functionality. The animations can also be pretty ridiculous as well.

It obviously works without any mods.

I have to test things before sending you a working code.

I am also curious about this one. Some of the revive systems have drag and carry options, although I'm not certain on the AI to AI functionality. The animations can also be pretty ridiculous as well.

Advanced AI to AI interaction hasn't really been feasible, since telling them to move from Point A to Point B has thusfar been like squeezing water out of a rock.

Advanced AI to AI interaction hasn't really been feasible, since telling them to move from Point A to Point B has thusfar been like squeezing water out of a rock.

For that reason you might be better off doing a unitCapture/unitPlay on the infantry unit. This essentially records unit movements as well as any animation changes and then plays it back.

The wounded unit can be attached to the carrier with attachTo. I think this is how most of the mods handle unit carrying/dragging.

• Like 1

For that reason you might be better off doing a unitCapture/unitPlay on the infantry unit. This essentially records unit movements as well as any animation changes and then plays it back.

The wounded unit can be attached to the carrier with attachTo. I think this is how most of the mods handle unit carrying/dragging.

Yes you are right. I was planing to do that but as soon as I started the game I remembered why I stopped mission making.

You gave the basic idea. Thanks

IIRC unitcapture and unitplay only work on the client, and do not work on dedi?

I disagree.

They (normally) go from A to B.

But sometimes they stop on C

Make a piss on D...

Whatch the sights on E...

Take cover behind a rock on F...

Think about life and love in G..

And then they reach B.

I wish Arma had some editing engine for "easy as breathe" make cinematic scenes.

About the client/dedi, as it is a cinematic, it could be done locally on each PC, isnt it?

IIRC unitcapture and unitplay only work on the client, and do not work on dedi?

I think the issue is that setVelocitysetVectorDir and setVectorUp only takes local arguments. But they have global effect so you would only need to execute unitPlay once wherever the object is local. I think we might be going off topic since karl1206 is probably working on an SP mission?

I think the issue is that setVelocitysetVectorDir and setVectorUp only takes local arguments. But they have global effect so you would only need to execute unitPlay once wherever the object is local. I think we might be going off topic since karl1206 is probably working on an SP mission?

haha i thank everybody for their help and please go on with the discussion even if i wont need it someone else might. plus its quite interesting to read since i'm fairly new to scripting. :)