Sign in to follow this  
greywolf907

Camo for Uniform

How can you set the camo range for a uniform in the config I tried camouflage = 0.4; but does not seem to work. That line does work on editor spawned unit with the uniform linked but not if I grab it and put it on.

Parameters such as this need to be defined in the config class for the Unit which is linked to the uniform.

Yes I understand that as I said above if I spawn in the unit with Zeus or just place it in the editor it works fine just thought there may be a way to have it just for the uniform by itself so that if you put on the uniform it works the same. Thanks

I'm talking about the config entry, not the unit's init line. Those are two separate things.

For example:

The uniform is defined as such:

class U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_vest: Uniform_Base
	{
		author = "$STR_A3_Bohemia_Interactive";
		scope = 2;
		displayName = "$STR_A3_Recon_fatigues";
		picture = "\A3\characters_f\data\ui\icon_U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_vest_ca.paa";
		model = "\A3\Characters_F\Common\Suitpacks\suitpack_universal_F.p3d";
		hiddenSelections[] = {"camo"};
		hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\A3\Characters_F\Common\Suitpacks\data\suitpack_soldier_blufor_co.paa"};
		class ItemInfo: UniformItem
		{
			uniformModel = "-";
			uniformClass = "B_Soldier_SL_F";
			containerClass = "Supply40";
			mass = 40;
		};
	};

This links to the unit's cfgVehicles entry:

class B_Soldier_SL_F: B_Soldier_03_f
	{
		author = "$STR_A3_Bohemia_Interactive";
		_generalMacro = "B_Soldier_SL_F";
		scope = 2;
		displayName = "$STR_B_Soldier_SL_F0";
		uniformClass = "U_B_CombatUniform_mcam_vest";
		weapons[] = {"arifle_MX_Hamr_pointer_F","hgun_P07_F","Throw","Put","Binocular"};
		respawnWeapons[] = {"arifle_MX_Hamr_pointer_F","hgun_P07_F","Throw","Put","Binocular"};
		magazines[] = {"30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","HandGrenade","HandGrenade","B_IR_Grenade","B_IR_Grenade","SmokeShell","SmokeShellGreen","SmokeShellBlue","SmokeShellOrange","Chemlight_green","Chemlight_green"};
		respawnMagazines[] = {"30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer","30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag_Tracer","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","HandGrenade","HandGrenade","B_IR_Grenade","B_IR_Grenade","SmokeShell","SmokeShellGreen","SmokeShellBlue","SmokeShellOrange","Chemlight_green","Chemlight_green"};
		cost = 500000;
		camouflage = 1.4;
		icon = "iconManLeader";
		linkedItems[] = {"V_PlateCarrierGL_rgr","H_HelmetB_desert","ItemGPS","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio","NVGoggles"};
		respawnLinkedItems[] = {"V_PlateCarrierGL_rgr","H_HelmetB_desert","ItemGPS","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio","NVGoggles"};
	};

which is where the camouflage is defined.

The uniform inherits and uses values (such as camouflage) from the 'uniformClass' within 'ItemInfo'.

To alter the value for an existing Uniform you would need to edit it at the config level (by making an addon that either creates a new uniform (and a new, scope=1 unit class), or a replacement addon that alters default classes).

As far as I am aware that is the only method for doing what you're asking.

Jackal326 Yes I understand what you meant that is what I was talking about not the init line for the unit. That is how I have it setup so if the unit is placed in a mission with the editor or with Zeus it uses the camo settings from the config. Was just hoping for a way to have the camo setting work for the uniform by itself. Thanks