Are you going to rework the cockpit and adding some features of pinaz's aws eurofighter or is it going to be a complete different eurofighter?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I haven't received any of the cockpit updates.  I'll be glad to incorporate any updates as they become available.  I seem to recall someone asking about improved engine sounds... I need to see if that is still available.

In better news...

Been kind of busy in Real Life, however I'm working on a post-Jets update w/ all the bells and whistles working correctly.  ARM missile targeting is still a challenge, but that is a function of the game.  Targeting out to about 20km is as far as I can reach w/ the missiles.

The dynamic loadouts, physx, etc. are all working properly.  The missiles all need their radar settings validated before I can be sure they are working correctly. 

I've also tried to match the sonic boom visuals to the now-built-in sonic boom sound... not working too well.  So the 'vapor trail' visuals may not be synched up just right at the moment of the game's sonic boom sound.  They are close however.

I am using the EF2000 as a test bed for the jamming script (see my POOK_SAM pack update) and I plan on releasing the jamming scripts as standalone in this mod as well as the SAM Pack.  THIS version will of course use the TRD to deploy, and if it is not deployed the jamming will not work as well.  The jamming script leans in favor of the missiles, so you still have to do your job as a pilot and employ terrain masking whenever possible, along with judicious use of countermeasures, and turning into the missile when it gets close enough to evade.

I will almost certainly be updating this within the coming weeks as Winter approaches is coming...

• Like 3

Going to try to release the update tonight!  If not tonight then tomorrow morning.  Its too bad the more recent pics were lost when postimg took a dump.

Never did get the cockpit updates or the new sound files :(  I'm going to hold on to the MLOD's this round... sharing them hasn't really worked out.

All the new stuff works quite well... rockets, new weapons, physx, damage surfaces, ejection seat, jamming script (based on the pook_SAM pack jamming script).

• Like 5

Well I'm going to postpone 1 or 2 more days so I can put together some instructions about the new stuff.  I have an onboard LTP that works quite well... no longer do you have an "always ready" laser pod :)  It should be pretty self-explanatory but I don't want to rush it.  Also going to put this on Steam as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Glad I waited to release - found several little issues that affected armaments and gameplay.  I am DEFINITELY releasing the update today lol

Changelog for v6:

• Jets DLC behavior for FM, damage model, and ejection seats
  • Reworked weapons loadouts to use the Dynamic Loadouts.
  • New (and improved!) weapons and models including AGM-88 HARM, SNEB 68mm rockets, BL-755 CBU, high-drag Mk82, IRIS-T, and many more
  • Extended-range ARM script remain available for BVR Wild Weasel missions
  • Expanded CUP factions to include RACS, SLA (and vanilla BIS). Some CUP factions do not yet have pilots; default soldiers are used as placeholders.
  • Expanded paint selections (selectable in the Virtual Garage and via BIS Vehicle Customization commands)
  • Improved drop tanks / siphon tanks scripts. Tanks provide additional fuel, and alter plane Mass when dropped. Useful for better dogfighting behavior.
  • Expanded Field Manual section
  • New missile jamming script (based on my SAM PACK jamming scripts) that utilizes the Towed Radar Decoy.  The TRD can now only be used 6x per mission to throttle the behavior and avoid "magic missile shield" behavior - use the TRD wisely! :)
  • Added improved cockpit textures by Pinaz
  • Added USAF and pook_SOVAF basket refuel compatibility!
  • Fixed some minor 3D model issues and reversed textures

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Uploaded to my onedrive location (see first post).  Also published to Steam...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

v6.1 update - fix for minor script error (only seen if you have scripterrors turned on)

Good day,

Can it include the insignia of the Spanish air force, user of the ef-2000?

Excellent addons

Thank you

AtomicBoy

Amazing work as always pook just 2 small problems.

1: The radar panel does not seem to show up when you get in the aircraft.

2: the RAF roundels are way too big they need to be smaller also there are no roundels on the tail of RAF aircraft they have a fin flash like this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Air_Force_roundels#/media/File:UKMilitarySerial-XM607.jpg

Otherwise outsanding work.

would it possible to use firewills AWS system if permission is give so you can arm the plane as you would like. also noticed the texturing seems to be a bit off as you get close to the plane its like a kalidascope. also the hud displays seem to be low res & blurry which makes it hard to read. would it be possible to use the skins from Pinaz EF 2000 as he doesnt seem to be working on his anymore. or would you be able to merge that version with yours. Also noticed even on max view distance setting 12k it would only allow you to look at 1k its like you are in a bubble. its a shame as this has promise as there is no currently in active service, european or british planes of a decent quality to be used within a milsim unit. 

3 hours ago, Mcnab.D said:

its a shame as this has promise

your enthusiasm motivates me to spend even more time making mods

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Phantom Hawk said:

Amazing work as always pook just 2 small problems.

1: The radar panel does not seem to show up when you get in the aircraft.

2: the RAF roundels are way too big they need to be smaller also there are no roundels on the tail of RAF aircraft they have a fin flash like this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Air_Force_roundels#/media/File:UKMilitarySerial-XM607.jpg

Otherwise outsanding work.

Radar panel?  I have always had to select the Right screen via the menu.  Is there a way to make that open by default?

RAF roundels - I'll look into them.

With all of the jets with sensors I have tired yes its all ways open by default.

OK I think the defaultDisplay setting is working now.  I'm tweaking the ARM detect scripts so they are native and won't require the pook_SAM pack.

While your at it do you think you could remove the giant numbers on the main body and tail the look a bit strange.

Updated config is uploaded.  Both ARM scripts and radar display have been adjusted.

• Thanks 1

Ive just noticed that when you try to change the aircraft skin in the the virtual garage it does not change it in game is this a bug?

The IRIS displays as "ASRAAM" and cannot lock on to aircraft

Update!
 - fixed wrong faction skins appearing in editor
 - fixed minor shadow bug
 - resized some faction roundels
 - improved IRIS-T performance settings
 - fixed IRIS-T reporting as "ASRAAM"

Thanks to all for your feedback!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Its says fixed wrong faction skins appearing in editor but it still does not changed the aircraft skin in game.

I don't understand what you mean.  Can you be more specific?

you can place the fighter on map. then put this in its init line:

[this, ["pook_EF2K_GER",1]] call BIS_fnc_initVehicle;

the start the mission and the fighter has got the german-luftwaffe skin.

full list of all other skins:

"pook_EF2K_Grey",
            "pook_EF2K_GreyHEX",
            "pook_EF2K_GreyHEX2",
            "pook_EF2K_GreyDark",
            "pook_EF2K_GreyCamo",
            "pook_EF2K_GreyCamo2",
            "pook_EF2K_Grey2",
            "pook_EF2K_Grey3",
            "pook_EF2K_Grey4",
            "pook_EF2K_GERGREY",
            "pook_EF2K_FOR_CDF",