Current Version 7.3 dated 7/30/2019. Download here: https://onedrive.live.com/?id=5B54FC51A7917265!24131&cid=5B54FC51A7917265
Discussion thread: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186463-ef2000-plane-for-the-community/
This addon provides the EF-2000 fighter plane.
The primary focus is intended to be a community-based content release; therefore anyone who wishes to use a customized version in their mod is free to do so, as long as the license requirements below are observed... enjoy!
No one may charge for, or receive financial compensation for use of, or access to, any part of this addon in any way or form, including "perk"-based access, and especially no use is permitted on "life" servers.
Copyright 2019 hcpookie - no one may redistribute on Steam
Requests for commercial / military use, please contact me via email: HCPOOKIE@HOTMAIL.COM
Previous version updates:
Decal overlays to allow real details instead of "red smudge" textures. Detail decals also on the new weapons (and fuel tanks)
I built it with the idea that mission makers could add a "document" item to the seat to simulate Behind Enemy Lines data disk retrieval scenarios.
Action-enabled. INIT check will automatically turn on lights if spawned during night time hours.
Surfaces on the real plane are pre-set by the onboard computer at different speeds. This feature is modeled in the addon and you can visually notice the changes at different speeds. Some features like the nosecone can be articulated on the tarmac, allowing mission makers to simulate "under repair" planes 🙂
Fully articulated deployable chute.
TRD - Towed Radar Decoy
The TURD! 🙂
The TRD provides "active spoofing" countermeasures against incoming enemy missiles. Jamming script simulates real life towed decoy EW capabilities. The TRD is an action-deployed item. It provides the pilot some defense against missiles (such as my POOK_SAM pack) for better surviveability.
PULLUP indicator, RWR, and MFD TV
Bitching Betty "pullup" sounds and the big "X" overlay. MFD TV is pointed downward at about 30 degrees. One can somewhat rely on the display for dumb bomb runs. WORKING RWR display! The list of recognized SAM's will cause the RWR to illuminate the "type" indicator. Any unidentified SAM will be illuminated as "S". Complete details are found in the guide.
Uses new Jets DLC loadout selector, and several mission-specific selections.
Now provides Vanilla faction support as well as CUP support (via separate download). Additional factions may be added in the future.
Coming This Fall -
- Significantly improved ECM script that has performance values based on my SAM Pack missiles. Default missiles are easier to spoof than certain newer technology missiles (as found in my SAM pack). Reworking the ECM script to run more than 2x per mission/reload. Automatic jamming/spoofing when TRD is deployed.
- Physx! Finally working WITH physx thanks to Jets DLC improvements.
- Jets DLC sensors and additional aircraft performance values
- Jets DLC dynamic loadouts! Pre-set "multirole" loadout
- Working laser designation via LANTIRN pod. LANTIRN pod is configurable via dynamic loadouts, not a part of the 3D model.
- Additional weapons for a more rounded loudout including IRIS SRAAM, ASPIDE (AIM-7 derivative), Brimstone DM (dual mode), Mk82-HD (High Drag), AGM-88. AGM-88 DOES home in w/o radar but the distances are shorter than expected. This will be refined further in the future.
- Weapons use new sensor values and those with animated components like the SCALP-ER AGM wings, and Mk82-HD ballute, are animated in real time. No more "popup" model switching for those weapons... the wings, ballutes, etc. all animate in-game w/ new Jets DLC animation settings for better visuals.
- Several minor improvements to the visual LOD's, including additional "NO STEP" decals on canards, some fixes for reversed or missing decals.
- Improved Geo LOD's, including Jets DLC dynamic damage including flame-outs and damaged control surfaces
- Corrected improper blue-purple afterburner effect to the realistic yellow-orange flame effect.
- Now inherits from Jets DLC "mashup F-18" to take advantage of improved flight model characteristics. Seems to handle VERY well in a dogfight vs. the Jets DLC "mashup flanker".
- Continue refinement of weapon sensors config
- Clean up flight model some more
- Add Jets DLC new ejection settings
- Release the update...
Pinaz, if you're out there... any improvements to add to the model?
ADDITIONAL: Pics of the ECM script in action. The "wiggling" is the missile being sent off-course, and attempting to course-correct back to the target. ECM script does NOT build a magic missile shield around the plane. A certain percentage of jamming attempts will be "burned through" by the on-board radar of the missiles, to different amounts of success depending on multiple factors. You CAN still be hit by even a vanilla missile even when the ECM script is running (e.g. when the TRD is deployed). You have a higher chance of survivability vs. vanilla or "legacy" SAM's (think SA2) which diminishes significantly vs. newer SAM's such as SA22, SA20, etc.
9K331 (SA-15) vs. EF2000
MIM-23 vs. EF2000