Placebo

Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications?

Win 7 Home Premium (64bit)

i5 650 3.2ghz (4CPUs)

12gb RAM

GTX 260

I am looking to upgrade GPU with a budget of around $300

If anyone can look at this page for me & make a suggestion i would be very grateful. They all look the same to me & some sites say my GTX 260 is better than some GTX750s?

http://www.umart.com.au/umart1/pro/Products_list.phtml?id=10&bid=5&id2=247

Thanks In Advance.

Wow, thanks for all the help guys. I just upgraded to the GTX 760 & upped my RAM to 24gb. Now I am running on ultra everything with a 3k view and it rarely drops under 45FPS. (I also use GameBooster & some startup Params)

I was starting to loose faith in this game with all the talk of "Not supporting 64bit". This game i9s Beautiful at night in the day.

Would recommend you to NOT use such Thirdpartysoftware like RazerGamebooster, unnecessary application which will cost you the one or other frame at the end. This application is at least so useful like a 30day Trialversion of the TuneupUtilility Software. Useful NOT ^^

But it´s up to you ;)

All that razer crap does is close processes, much better to learn to use taskmanager yourself and actually know what's going on, but if it helps you, whatever I guess.

But really tho, software programs aren't the solution, I am in agreement with LSD timewarp

Thanks dude ;) as i mentioned it a couple pages back i have some knowledge about the Pc Architecture, Software & Overclocking. I work since ~20 years with PC´s, over 10 years Overclocking and MultiGPU Setups with Muiltiple cooling solutions (CPU @ Mach2GT Compressorcooling, -12°C @ Load, GFX´s Waterchilled by a Titan500 Waterchiller) and i saw many of applications which are massive useless (TuneUp Ut for example, as i saw this first time on the Laptop of my Girlfirend i was forced to slap her butt for installing this crap)

Gamebooster looks legit on the first look, but when u see which commands are behind those options you will realize how useless it is... Short version: its like your setup with the adjusted parameters, it indicates the same kind of commands into your start.

But like said, it´s up to you, if you feel better with such booseter (don´t let your mind fool you) cuase you think you have a better framerate through this feel free to keep it :)

Greets

To be honest, with my new hardware I probably don't need it anyway. I must admit I love having the FPS counter in the corner of the screen for all my games though. I will look at removing it this week. What about start up Paramus. Cpucount maxmem etc. is it true they are just placebos or worth keeping? Obviously nosplash & empty worldare a bonus but I tend to launch from play with six anyway.

Yes, i´ve made benchmarks a while ago to check if there are some gains/loss compared to a start only with deactivated intro and splash. My measurement results did proof that this Startparameter mysterium is pure nonsense. There was 2,2%-4% different frames compared to the runs, 2-5% are tolerance, thats usual when a PC is fully working @ full load. I would love to post those results but hose are gone on an other Harddisk which i didnt have meanwhile.

but its always funny when Humans which didnt really understand the whole Architecture when they try to spread their shit all over the web. But the real experts are those which start to post their startup parameters with funny exorbitant numbers like "maxmem=16284 or maxVram=12156. it´s always funny to watch what they try suggest to the world, too bad that there are some which spread those viral infection wider on the web.

Tipp for you: Download an application named "Fraps" it shows the Frames and have the ability to take Screenshots (adjustable Keys of course) and to capture Videos of your Gameplay ;)

Greets

I have no proof of effect on my game FPS from most used community startup parameters.

I have made an attempt to launch a debate about the somewhat "magical use" of startup parameters in order to get some informations from Devs and/or bring some rationality.

Not very successful ...

So I will suggest to go on the magical way and use the well known and well spread totally ineffective ' -high ' parameter, a nice transposition as a startup parameter of the "givememoreframes" moto. :D

I have an AMD FX 8350, nividia gtx 660, samsung EVO SSD, and 8 gb RAM but I still get horrible FPS in arma 2/arma 3 when any moderately large battles happen

I have no proof of effect on my game FPS from most used community startup parameters.

I have made an attempt to launch a debate about the somewhat "magical use" of startup parameters in order to get some informations from Devs and/or bring some rationality.

Not very successful ...

So I will suggest to go on the magical way and use the well known and well spread totally ineffective ' -high ' parameter, a nice transposition as a startup parameter of the "givememoreframes" moto. :D

Thanks for the help Oldbear,

I did manage to work out some settings to avg 30-40 FPS online, which is just fine with me, but the biggest helper was actually the startup MaxMem parameter. Setting that to use all 16GB (or up to it) changed it dramatically and consistently.

I'm still looking to upgrade my CPU again but I think for now I can deal with what I've got. I really wish BI could just optimize the game so the End User didn't have to do things like this manually.

Hey i'm new and i would want to buy arma 3 but first i would want to know if my laptop can run it:

Intel® Core™ i7 4710HQ (2.50/3.50GHz, 6MB L3)

HD 1TB - RAM 16GB - Display 15,6" Touch

Microsoft Windows 8.1 64bit -

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M 4GB dedicated

Can someone please help me?

Thank you.

Hey i'm new and i would want to buy arma 3 but first i would want to know if my laptop can run it:

Intel® Core™ i7 4710HQ (2.50/3.50GHz, 6MB L3)

HD 1TB - RAM 16GB - Display 15,6" Touch

Microsoft Windows 8.1 64bit -

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M 4GB dedicated

Can someone please help me?

Thank you.

Hi and Welcome :)

For sure this Laptop can run Arma3. If your are new to Arma Series you should google something like "Arma 3 FPS Problems" cause this problems you will have too.

For better understanding: your Laptop is good, Arma3´s Engine is old (propably Prehistorical) and the Engine isnt able to use the whole power your laptop has to offer. And no, playing with minimum settings doesnt change much at all. No other Game has so much of User complains due low fps as Arma have it already, a patch will come, but only in your dreams ^^ When its okay for u to have Framedrops in larger cities down to single Digit on the Framecounter then this is ur Game :)

Greets

Hello im replying here because it wont let me post :/ anyways i just bought the game played it for 5 minutes and it crashed well let me rephrase that it froze and had to do a hard reset on my laptop. ive been playing dayz with no issues what so ever. so i tried again it let me play for 30 minutes and it froze again the whole game wouldnt move away from my screen. can someone help me, i checked the file through steam its good, checked my hardware also good.

Specs

AMD FX 6300 3GHz

AMD R7 250 GB

8gb ram

Will i be able to play the game on medium settings online?

i7 4790

GeForce GTX 770 2GB

16GB DDR3 1600MHz

1TB HDD

I'm aware this is strong enough to run it, or at least I'm confident that it should, but at what graphic setting do you think and what would be the average frames based on your thoughts?

You can run the game perfectly no worries!

lol.

It would be great if he comes back and reports how Arma is performing. :yay::yay::yay::yay:

i7 4790

GeForce GTX 770 2GB

16GB DDR3 1600MHz

1TB HDD

I'm aware this is strong enough to run it, or at least I'm confident that it should, but at what graphic setting do you think and what would be the average frames based on your thoughts?

I think you will see Framecounts starting at 15FPS (heavy situations, happens more often than you think^^) and up to 35, maybe 40 Frames on "Very High"

I have 2x770GTX with 4GbVram each Card and i am pissed everytime i play this game that the devs simply not even think about to optimize this Engine, is this answer enough?

lol.

It would be great if he comes back and reports how Arma is performing. :yay::yay::yay::yay:

Well it will run perfectly if he runs an empty map :D

What would be more beneficial for Arma 2/3 streaming? Or streaming in general?

A Xeon E3-1231v3 which will have 2 threads per core but no iGPU?

or

A Intel Core i5-4690, which has only 1 thread per core, but has a iGPU?

http://ark.intel.com/compare/80910,77656

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-E3-123...l-Core-i5-4690

I would really appreciate some feedback!

Well it will run perfectly if he runs an empty map :D

Hahahaha,that was a good one^^ i see that one coming :) Thats in the most of these "Experts" How iSolvedArmaFPSProblems" Threads all over the web where experts show how they get 60 fps by running across an empty map...

And there are people which thanks such persons as they had saved their lives.. And then such shit spreads all over the world, a HowTo without knowledge.

lol.

I think you will see Framecounts starting at 15FPS (heavy situations, happens more often than you think^^) and up to 35, maybe 40 Frames on "Very High"

I have 2x770GTX with 4GbVram each Card and i am pissed everytime i play this game that the devs simply not even think about to optimize this Engine, is this answer enough?

I will once I receive the parts and it's built. However, I've seen people with the exact same build run the game just fine.

I guess I'll just have to see.

I've also seen this build run CPU intensive games like DayZ Mod and the Standalone with around fourty to fifty frames average.

I'll keep you informed once I get it all built!

As for your 2 GTX 770's, are you sure that ArmA is using both of them? Although I'm not active on the forums or use them, I've seen my days with ArmA 2 and it was heavily CPU intensive.

From what I hear, ArmA 3's engine is similar and is also CPU intensive so if you don't have a strong CPU, your 2 GTX 770's won't do anything.

Ranger rambo why do you want a igpu, isnt that integrated.

For arma, its get a real video card or go home, you dont need a igpu if you have a real video card, its littearly 400% useless.

Thats about it.

So get the one without the igpu it serves you no benefit at all if you have a real video card.

I am sure my child, my job is to build PC´s since 10 years. Customers come to me, tellin me what they want, which expectations and stuff like that. I order the parts and pieces and then into the case. If wished i Overclock the whole system or install a watercooling or Compressorcoolers like Vapochill Lightspeed or MachII GT (have a MachIIGT myself but it´s not in use atm)

Also i could think that what you have heard or read in the web was propably Bullshit. So many "Wannabe Experts" which suggesting their specials in a thread about Arma or YT-Vids, look closley to such threads u will see the very similiar "tipps&hints" to these which you have read day/weeks/months ago. Its a huge amount of Interweb-Bullshit flying through atmosphere out there.

Then u need to ask yourself. maybe its not my PC, maybe its the 10 years ago released Arma3 Engine which never had an update, not for performance due better driver or CPU/GPU Utilization and i bet a ton of other stuff which could have a positive effect on performance.... Maybe thats why Arma Engine is sucking so hard. The Engine wont give you your desired frames cause its simply not able to do that. Simple as that.

Some final words: i build some good rigs this year (with 3x780Ti´s Nvidias and also the TriCrossFire from AMD with 3 of the 290X GPU´s) and even this rigs got nearly the same average framerate like i have on my system

2-3 frames ore thats not an improvement, thats casual tolreance between the measurements.

And dont believe the shit Arma is CPU Intensive, just open ypur Taskmanager while playing Arma to see the truth ;)

Greets :)

I will once I receive the parts and it's built. However, I've seen people with the exact same build run the game just fine.

I guess I'll just have to see.

I've also seen this build run CPU intensive games like DayZ Mod and the Standalone with around fourty to fifty frames average.

I'll keep you informed once I get it all built!

As for your 2 GTX 770's, are you sure that ArmA is using both of them? Although I'm not active on the forums or use them, I've seen my days with ArmA 2 and it was heavily CPU intensive.

From what I hear, ArmA 3's engine is similar and is also CPU intensive so if you don't have a strong CPU, your 2 GTX 770's won't do anything.

yes, arma3 is very cpu and ram speed intensive. To add a second or third highend gpu is nonsense so you can ignore what LSD_timewarp82 writes. 4GHZ or 4,7GHZ, 1600er Ram or 2400er/2800er ram makes a big difference in minimum fps in ai-heavy situations. But it doesn´t help if you have low fps in multiplayer.

Hello!

I'm new to the forums, I want to play the arma games and dayz soooo bad ;)

My current pc won't even play it on low settings.

So... this is what I came up with.

I am going to buy the cyberpower's zeus min i760.

It's specs are:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4690K 3.5 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150 (All Venom OC Certified)

HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1866MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance)

MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE GA-Z97N-WIFI Mini-ITX w/ 802.11ac WiFi + BT 4.0, Dual GbLAN, 1 PCIe x16, 4x SATA 6Gb/s (Pro OC Certified)

SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

VIDEO: EVGA Superclocked NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 w/ ACX Cooling PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card (Single Card)

PSU: 800 WATTS

P.S: I can upgrade to a i7 4790 for 70 dollars or a i7 4970k for 110 dollars.

LINK: (will not come with the same specs but I just edited the graphics card for EVGA and removed the keyboard)

( NO, I do not want to build one. I'm to new for it)

Thanks, JKS