Placebo

Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications?

Good set, for running ARMA 3, with MAX settings?

- AMD FX-8320 8-Core Processor Socket-AM3+, 3.5Ghz, 125W, 8MB L2 + 8MB L3 Cache, 32nm, Black Edition

- Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 GHz 2GB GDDR5 PCI-Express 3.0, "OC", with BioShock, Tomb Raider, Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon

- Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1866MHz 16GB KIT Kit w/4X HyperX 4GB DDR3, CL9-9-9-27, 240pin

Good set..yes.

Will it run A3 at max on all settings, well I would read through this and other threads. I'm not saying it won't, but some with the same systems are experiencing problems, 8 cores can be an issue it seems, for arma anyway..

It looks fine, but no harm in reading what others have found or had to do to make it happen..:)

Sorry to pester gents, but any thoughts?

The 7870 is a bit better then the 660:

Grafikkarten-Charts

:)

Disable Core Parking on Windows 7

This is an aggressive power saving approach which makes the system feel sluggish and underpowered..

Who is affected

It only applies to Windows 7 X64 and X32 and only in systems using more than 2 physical CPU's and/or more than 2 "logical" cores - ie: Core i7's.

The Problem

Core Parking is a feature of Windows 7 that is causing rare performance problems. I don't notice it on my home i7 / Win7 system but some people are getting microstutters and odd behavior in certain programs. Without the following " tweak" you may see CPU spiking in your programs and Windows Task Manager - some CPU cores will be "turned off" / "parked" depending on load and they will be dynamically turned on or off and dynamically loaded up or down as the system deems necessary - the scope for glitches / pops / clicks / dropouts etc.... in such an environment is simply enormous. To the best of my knowledge, there is no known "switch" to turn it off - no utility I am aware of to "tweak" it off.

Download:

http://adf.ly/9QbNx

Works for Windows-8 as well.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Win 7

Gtx 550 ti

AMD athlon 7850 Dual-Core

Ram 4gb

Can I run Arma 3 on at least 20 fps on any graphics setup? Or maybe can my pc run this game at all? D:

Edited by Whitesun

The 7870 is a bit better then the 660:

a bit more powerful perhaps, but also more expensive. choice is down to brand preference.

a bit more powerful perhaps, but also more expensive. choice is down to brand preference.

I would go for NVIDIA, as their drivers are less painful.

Has anyone been able to somewhat-objectively measure what impact PhysX has on performance, on AMD cards?

For example a GTX660 vs a HD 7850 (Assuming both cards use 256bit memory and all other factors being nearly equal)

Would the AMD card have worse performance, possible during physX events (car driving into stack of crates) that could cause a drop in frame rate because there is a heavier load on the CPU?

Has anyone been able to somewhat-objectively measure what impact PhysX has on performance, on AMD cards?

For example a GTX660 vs a HD 7850 (Assuming both cards use 256bit memory and all other factors being nearly equal)

Would the AMD card have worse performance, possible during physX events (car driving into stack of crates) that could cause a drop in frame rate because there is a heavier load on the CPU?

arma 3 physX is 100% cpu, it makes no difference.

just curious what I could run arma 3 at

Specs:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3770K Processor (4x 3.50GHz/8MB L3 Cache)

Memory: 8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7970 - 3GB

got this for $1300 but havnt got the game. so as the title says what do you think I could run this at? with what sort of fps?

thanks in advance! :)

Nice rig, you should be all set even in Ultra...

Yay!

Specs:

got this for $1300 but havnt got the game. so as the title says what do you think I could run this at? with what sort of fps?

From what I've been able to gather you can run Arma 3 Alpha, thus (hopefully) the final product, in 1080P on Ultra Setting with a smooth frame rate using:

Either GTX660 (non-Ti) or HD 7850 - 2Gig Cards

Just make sure you have up to date processor etc

Specs:

should run good, but do realise you cant max out viewdistance and object viewdistance and have good fps on any system.

I think I have a pretty good PC except for my CPU. I just bought the game yesterday and for obvious reasons I can't play online. I had the game detect the settings based on my system and it maxed everything out except it lags. All drivers are up to date. Does anyone think I should upgrade my CPU and my GPU or strictly my CPU? Looking to get an i5 because i7 doesn't really offer anything worth my money.

OS Windows 7 64Bit

CPU Intel Core i3 3220 @ 3.30GHz Ivy Bridge

RAM 8GB

GPU AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series 1GB

Thanks

Can someone answer this please?

Can someone answer this please?
Just check the post right after yours! ;)

Yay!

That doesn't help :j: :(

lag? go to documents, arma 3 alpha, arma3alpha.cfg and set

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

also make sure viewdistance and especially object viewdistance are kept reasonably low, 1500 / 800 should be plenty for infantry gameplay for instance. also make sure the pip is turned off. those settings make the most difference.

lag? go to documents, arma 3 alpha, arma3alpha.cfg and set

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

also make sure viewdistance and especially object viewdistance are kept reasonably low, 1500 / 800 should be plenty for infantry gameplay for instance. also make sure the pip is turned off. those settings make the most difference.

There's no .cfg in the Arma 3 Folder

there is on my pc.

C:\Users\XXXXXXXXX\Documents\Arma 3 Alpha\

One thing I have noticed whilst browsing through the forums is that the general consensus is that ArmA2/ArmA3 are quite CPU-intensive, and that for larger view-distances and object viewdistances, combined with high/ultra graphic quality, you need a quite beefy CPU. When you start bringing in to account large-scale amounts of AI, intense night-time firefights, and large-scale multiplayer games, I am worried that the i5 3570k combined with a Radeon 7950 (my new GPU preference) wont be enough.

I was previously wondering whether or not it would be best going for an i5 3570k or an i7 3770k CPU. I appreciate there is a difference in price, but in the interests of getting the best from the game, as well as future-proofing, is it worth saving up a couple more months and picking up a i7 3770k with 8GB of DDR3?

Cheers gents!

One thing I have noticed whilst browsing through the forums is that the general consensus is that ArmA2/ArmA3 are quite CPU-intensive, and that for larger view-distances and object viewdistances, combined with high/ultra graphic quality, you need a quite beefy CPU. When you start bringing in to account large-scale amounts of AI, intense night-time firefights, and large-scale multiplayer games, I am worried that the i5 3570k combined with a Radeon 7950 (my new GPU preference) wont be enough.

I was previously wondering whether or not it would be best going for an i5 3570k or an i7 3770k CPU. I appreciate there is a difference in price, but in the interests of getting the best from the game, as well as future-proofing, is it worth saving up a couple more months and picking up a i7 3770k with 8GB of DDR3?

Cheers gents!

If you play beside ARMA-3 any other games, then the 3770k is worth the money, as for an example Crysis-3 recommends an 2600k, but I can't tell if we will get plenty Games who will make use of an i7 to the fullest. I don't know if ARMA-3 will utilize later on the 3770k better then now, as I get max. ~60% per Core / Thread @4200 - 4400MHz, but there is still plenty content missing. I use the 3770k as a powerfull work-horse for other things beside gaming. SLI-Support is another question, as it's not totally broken, but there is not always a 99% utilization of the GPU's, even when the fps are quite low with maxed-out Quality-Settings, but it's not the final product, so we will have to wait and see. If you don't need maxed-out Quality-Settings, then a Single-GPU should be fine. I get with SLI and Low-Settings ~155fps when playing the Infantry-Showcase.

I would say, start saving the money and make your final decision when the ARMA-3-Final is out.

I was going to buy a gaming PC and was wondering what I'd get out of this rig

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229361

For ARMA3 how well would this thing do?

GPU-Charts

CPU-Charts

OC FX-8120 BIOS settings for a stable 4500 MHz

I would say that the GPU will be a bottleneck and should allow you low-to-midrange Quality-Settings.

Lenovo Y580 (laptop)

CPU Intel Core i5-3210M 2 x 2.5Ghz, 3 MB cache

RAM 4 GB (SO-DIMM DDR3, 1600 MHz)

GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 2048 MB GDDR5

1.Will it run smoothly?

2. Will final product req better/faster computers than alpha?

Thank you!

Processor: AMD FX-6100 Six-Core Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.3GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 4060MB RAM

Page File: 1633MB used, 6484MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450

Not really sure what to do, not sure on specs for ArmA3. in some situations/settings game runs ok, in some situations game performs poorly. Ai encounteres forces fps loss, on standard an low settings@1000 view distance, with grass off etc. Any advice suggestions would be much appreciated. have tried switching between dev build an stable build with mixed results on my server in both builds. Most recently having frequent stutters/hickups/rubberbanding. Hoping my ArmA gaming days are'nt over :(

Settings used..as stated some situations on standard some I've had to lower to low.

Processor: AMD FX-6100 Six-Core Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.3GHz

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 4060MB RAM

Page File: 1633MB used, 6484MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450

Not really sure what to do, not sure on specs for ArmA3. in some situations/settings game runs ok, in some situations game performs poorly. Ai encounteres forces fps loss, on standard an low settings@1000 view distance, with grass off etc. Any advice suggestions would be much appreciated. have tried switching between dev build an stable build with mixed results on my server in both builds. Most recently having frequent stutters/hickups/rubberbanding. Hoping my ArmA gaming days are'nt over :(

Settings used..as stated some situations on standard some I've had to lower to low.

If you don't need more hardware-power for one of your other games, then just wait that we get the beta or even final, as you could waste otherwise the money.

For myself it's ok, as I would have upgraded so or so, as I already pre-ordered BF4 and I will find for sure other Games which will utilise my rig much better, than ARMA-3 at the moment. If I would have upgraded only for ARMA-3, then I would be at the moment not happy at all.

There is still hope, but it could be already to late into the Development to archive or deliver a large improvement.

Not every Game or should I say the majority of broken Games never got fixed after the Release-Date.

:j:

Edited by TONSCHUH