Placebo

Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications?

med/ high, yes but don't expect ultra high. you have a great rig don't get me wrong, but arma has always released with its "ultra-high" intended to be ran on the next gen top tier PC, and you very much have a current PC, I would expect us to preform very similarly and get medium during alpha but hopefully high once released and optimized

I'm thinking if my GFX Card isn't up high enough, a crossfire will spank it. I looked at the exact processing differences, it doesn't 'really' seem to matter if I have a 7950. But we'll see tomorrow wont we!

Dude, if you have the money, just upgrade to an HD7970 Ghz ed.

Dude, if you have the money, just upgrade to an HD7970 Ghz ed.

I imagine it would be worth upgrading to, but I seriously wonder whether or not ArmA II was just extremely poor in performance for everyone. And the fact that DX11 has more capability and probably optimizes Polygons better, you'll be looking at a better game to run even for the bad PC's. I don't think it will matter, a lot of people here are over-estimating this game... if you're right... and I am completely out of my mind. The best thing is to lower the View Distance and disable the Post Processing effects. Ambient Occlusion can be hard on AMD Machines...

you also have to consider 'medium' will be more visually appealing than 'high' in arma2 was so take that into consideration too.... i know everyone wants "better" gfx but its already going to look better, even on lower settings

Intel Core i5 3570

8gb high performance ram

Intel H77 OEM Chipset Micro ATX

Sapphire HD7770 GHZ EDITION 1G GDDR5

Hoping it will run with medium to high settings.

Fast replies are always good!!!

Thanks

I am running a AMD A4-3305mAPU with radeon HD graphics, normally runs at 1.9, runs at 3.0 overclocked.

arma2 without the OC runs at about 30-40FPS for me at medium-high settings with reasonable view distance

I have not tried A2 with the overclock, but im assuming a large gain.

i think as long as this old laptop will pull up a slideshow of the game at minimum ill have something to work with.

also yes I just overclocked my laptop, seeing 4 hours till A3 makes a man crazy enough to slap some coldpacks under his laptop, I was even thinking I might hook the shopvac up on blow and make a "hoodscoop" for my pc :D

Model: HP ENVY 6 Notebook

Processor: Intel® Core i5-2467M CPU @1.60 GHz

Installed Memory: 8 GB

System Type: 64 -bit

Graphics: 4GB dedicated (no idea what model chip)

:confused:

OK, here are my system specs:

Windows 7 Basic 64 bit

CPU AMD FX8150 Bulldozer black edition

RAM 8 GB

GPU nVidia GTX650 Gigabyte

HDD 1 TB

LAN

Will I run it on max or what settings? I also have trackIR4 pro, CH products fighterstick USB, pro throttle USB, pro rudder USB.

Is it true the alpha is 20 Gigs of download?

Urgent to response knowing I want to participate in Alpha testing.

OK, here are my system specs:

Windows 7 Basic 64 bit

CPU AMD FX8150 Bulldozer black edition

RAM 8 GB

GPU nVidia GTX650 Gigabyte

HDD 1 TB

LAN

Will I run it on max or what settings?

Nope, not max. (No one should expect to run it maxed out.) You can probably play it on high with a fairly decent view distance.

Is it true the alpha is 20 Gigs of download?

No, that's the full game. The alpha will be ~7GB.

sweet!!! thanks Maddog!!! I LOVE YOU MAN!!!! Would you be kind to tell if I have to create a BI Store account to purchase the alpha? I have steam but don't want to go there. Also, would buying alpha (34 USD) give me access to the full game on release?

Mucho gracias!!!

EDIT: looks like ARMA III is from steam.

Edited by dr_zakharotta

What do you guys reckon?

Windows 7 64bit

FX 8150 @ 4.5Ghz

HD7870 2GB

8GB Corsair Vengeance 1333Mhz

1TB HDD @ 7200rpm

I have....strange performance on Arma 2 that I have never been able to pinpoint (tried all the fixes/optimisation guides yet I seem to get crap FPS, especially in the big towns) I've always just put it down to my CPU being a bit naff (regret buying the 8150)..... Slightly dubious about buying Arma 3, especially since it's an Alpha. No point in buying something I can barely run!!!

Windows 6 X64 Pro

I7 2600k @ 4.4

GTX 680 D2CT Asus

8 GB ADATA XPG Gaming v2.0 @ 1866

SSD Intel 180GB 520 Series

Max or what settings?

New here!

Anyways, what do you guys think of this:

CPU: AMD FX4100 3.6Ghz (OC'd at 4GHZ)

VGA: ATI Radeon HD 7850 (2GB VRAM)

RAM: 8GB

Yay!

Windows 6 X64 Pro

I7 2600k @ 4.4

GTX 680 D2CT Asus

8 GB ADATA XPG Gaming v2.0 @ 1866

SSD Intel 180GB 520 Series

Max or what settings?

Certainly not max settings, most likely a mix of standard/high settings with a little anti-aliasing.

Certainly not max settings, most likely a mix of standard/high settings with a little anti-aliasing.

So that guy whit GTX 650 can play on high and me whit a better PC need to play on standard/high...wow!

So that guy whit GTX 650 can play on high and me whit a better PC need to play on standard/high...wow!

u will when its fully released. not with AA tho.

A GTX 650 will not play as well as a 680 (obviously), but right now it's all guess work. Recently a PC Gamer article stated they were playing maxed out with a Titan, although it did dip in performance in towns/big battles.

A developer stated that if you can run at High or Very High settings in ArmA 2 at 40+ FPS you could play at one setting lower reasonably well. 'Reasonably well' is relative, for some people that's 30 FPS, for others 50 FPS. It's just guess work how well it will run until the Alpha is actually released.

Hey, i already posted this, but i think it's drown. ^^

Hey guy's

I'm not sure, but i think i could run ARMA 3 fine on this one -> http://www.sysprofile.de/id169773 (Warning, it's in German xd)

AMD Phenom II X6 1040T@3375.14Mhz

GA-890GPA-UD3H v2.1

4x 2048 MB Nanya Technology (10700)

AMD Radeon HD 7850 1GB (CORE:1050 MHz MEM:1350 MHz)

Actually, i can play BF3 on Ultra settings but notice its "only" at 1280x1024 @ 75 Hz

W/E what do you think? Could i still run ArmA 3 if i buy me a new Monitor with 1080p?

Hey, i already posted this, but i think it's drown. ^^
For what I know the HD 7850 has 2GB of VRAM (not only 1)... With that said, I'm afraid that CPU isn't up to the job...

Yay!

hmm okay.... :S

There is a 1GB version of the HD7850 by Sapphire. -> http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1&gid=3&sgid=1160&lid=1&pid=1674&leg=0

My bad...

And disregard my last statement about your CPU: I got fooled by the low clock speed, but for what I'm getting from the Internet is still a good CPU overall... I'm afraid you'll just have to try (or wait for someone that knows CPU's better than me, and that's about anyone)...

Speaking of which, anyone with an idea about this config?

CPU: AMD FX4100 3.6Ghz (OC'd at 4GHZ)

VGA: ATI Radeon HD 7850 (2GB VRAM)

RAM: 8GB

Yay!

Could I run this game at all?

I can run ArmA2 and OA just fine.

Intel i7-740QM

AMD Radeon 6370m 1GB

8GBs of RAM

I can run ArmA2:CO high/very high, even though my laptop can get a little too hot at times.

PC: ASUS N73S notebook/laptop

Windows 7

Intel I5-2410M, 2.3GHz

Nvidia GT540M

HDD: 640 GB

RAM: 4 GB

Direct X11

Can i run ArmA 3?

Ok, im running it on a Lenovo G780 laptop with everything on low (still looks alot better then arma II) at 30-40 fps, although there seems to be lag spikes. But the spikes doesnt come at particular events or moments, just random fps drops once in a while for some secs and then its fine.

Lenovo G780

Windows 7 x64

CPU: i3-3110M @ 2.4Ghz

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT 635M @ 4gb DDR3-1800Mhz (2gb shared, 2gb dedi)

RAM: 8gb DDR3-1800Mhz

HDD: Samsung SpinPoint ST750LM022 750GB SATA/300 5400RPM 8MB 2.5" Hard Drive

DirectX: 11

Resolution: 1600x900x32

Edited by Byrgesen