Placebo

Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications?

@Topmin2

You need fast disk to play Arm3 without stuttering  because of in-game continuous texture streaming.

You must get Arma3 and Mods on the same disk and this disk must have the fastest link to CPU.

ATM, I am using a System SSD and a dedicated SSD for Arma3 Library on my gaming rigs.

https://www.computerbase.de/downloads/benchmarks/capframex-tool/

Frametimes/FPS captured (by pressing F12) with CapFrameX free program in YAAB 1080p standard for 139 secs (starting from the moment when in the left bottom corner in YAAB it says "BENCHMARKING STARTED").
i7-4790K 4.8/4.4 GHz core/cache | 4x8 GB DDR3 2400 MHz 10-11-12-18-204-1T | GTX 1070 Ti
frametimesgdkvd.jpg fpsc6jjw.jpgcapturetime139s6hjk6.jpg 9kframes139sruntimeya14jn2.jpg

arma3_x64.exe will be visible in the list only once it's launched.
arma3_x64.exe must be selected in CapFrameX program in CAPTURE->Running processes list.

2 hours ago, oldbear said:

This R5 3600X is a rather good Arma3 player.

I will probably go for 16 Go GSKill Neo 3600 MHz C16 when available but I still don't know if I can bought a better GPU ...

RX 590 is much better than RX 570 to extract almost max possible FPS in ArmA @ 1080p ultra.

RX 5700 would cost to much compared to RX 590 for a few FPS more @ 1080p ultra.

arma1080pz5j42.png

G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz 16-16-16-36 will be very very good.

45 minutes ago, Groove_C said:

G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 MHz 16-16-16-36 will be very very good.

And very very expensive

1 minute ago, Tankbuster said:

And very very expensive

Not as expensive as 3600 14-15-15-35.

3 minutes ago, Groove_C said:

Not as expensive as 3600 14-15-15-35.

Which will be very very very very expensive

3 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

Which will be very very very very expensive

Not as expensive as 3800 14-16-16-36 🤣

Just now, Groove_C said:

Not as expensive as 3800 14-16-16-36 🤣

I think we both where this is headed lol

• Like 1

As said elsewhere, I am waiting for 16 GB G.SKILL 3600MHz CL16 Trident Z RGB Neo for Ryzen 3000 ... if affordable 🤨

In my country, the upcoming F4-3600C16D-16GTZN Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600MHz CL16-16-16-36 has now a 225€ tag and it's 365€ for  F4-3600C14D-16GTZN featuring CL14-15-15-35 timings.

The most affordable seems to be F4-3600C16D-16GTZNC  kit with a CL 16-19-19-36 timing and tagged at 163€ today.

I am a bit cautious about the prices because, it seems that Ryzen 3000 has the same impact on RAM prices that a tsunami or a garbage fire 😒

On 7/31/2019 at 7:33 PM, Groove_C said:

https://www.computerbase.de/downloads/benchmarks/capframex-tool/

You have to add arma3_x64.exe into the list in Documents->CapFrameX->Ressources->ProcessGameNameMatchingList.
And select arma3_x64.exe in CAPTURE->Running processes list in CapFrameX program.

Hey, I'm a member of the CapFrameX team.

Just to clarify, you don't have to add anything to the ProcessGameNameMatchingList.

You can choose a custom name that is displayed throughout CX, in your example ArmA III instead of the original arma3_x64.exe. But you don't have to go to that directory and edit the file, you just set the name in the "Game" line below the list on the left and click on "Save". The text file is only there to store that information. But the naming is completely optional and not required to capture anything.

And you also don't have to select the process in the list in order to capture it. This is only required if you have more than one process in the "running processes" list to let CX know which one you want to be captured.

If there's only one process it automatically gets captured if you press the hotkey.

I think this is explained quite well in the manual I wrote on github.

https://github.com/DevTechProfile/CapFrameX#how-to-make-a-capture

The process you want to capture has to be present in the "Running processes" list. This list automatically lists all running processes from which frametimes can be captured. For the easiest way of just getting into a game and pressing the hotkey to start a capture, this list may only contain one single process, otherwise the service won't know which process you want captured. If you have more than one process detected, you can still select the one you want and capturing will work just fine. However you wouldn't want to tab out of your game to do this. This is where the ignore list comes into play. You can expand this list by clicking on the text at the bottom of the running processes list. With the arrow buttons you can add or remove any process from the ignore list, the ideal scenario being a completely empty running processes list at the start of CapFrameX. With this, you can just start your game and since it'll be the only process in the list, just push the hotkey.

However looking at your case it seems like it's not always as intuitive as we thought it'd be, so we'll be making some small adjustments with the UI to make some things more clear.

@Taxxor90 I have corrected my previous post to:

On 7/31/2019 at 7:33 PM, Groove_C said:

arma3_x64.exe must be selected in CapFrameX program in CAPTURE->Running processes list.

It's may be obvious that the .exe is only visible only once it's launched, but it's really confusing for average user who first launches your program and can't see/select needed process (which is normal).

Also it's annoying that one can only compare FPS of 2 runs but not framatimes (at least I couldn't find it). Frametimes comparison would have been much better than simply FPS.

16 minutes ago, Groove_C said:

@Taxxor90 I have corrected my previous post to:

It's may be obvious that the .exe is only visible only once it's launched, but it's really confusing for average user who first launches your program and can't see/select needed process (which is normal).

But "arma3_x64.exe must be selected in CapFrameX program in CAPTURE->Running processes list." is still wrong, you don't have to select it and it's only confusing if you didn't read the manual.

The Text above the process list tells you that you can press the Hotkey to start a capture, if you'd have to select a process(if there's more than one) it'll tell you that too.

But that's why we'll change some things to make it more clear that you don't have to manually select the process.

Also it's annoying that one can only compare FPS of 2 runs but not framatimes (at least I couldn't find it). Frametimes comparison would have been much better than simply FPS.

You mean like this?

3vQpcYN.png

@Taxxor90 Oh, so it's frametimes graph, but FPS bars down there ))) Have not paid enough attention then.

I had to select ArmA 3, because there was another process as well. Later I've managed to understand how to hide/remove it from the list and add it to ignore list.

@Groove_C Next Update will also have the FPS Graph in the comparison page so you can compare anything you want.

And the FPS bars will be separated from the graphs like this(early concept pictures)

uQzEyDJ.png

NEK601L.png

14 minutes ago, Groove_C said:

Later I've managed to understand how to hide/remove it from the list and add it to ignore list.

Well at least you figured it out^^

As written in the manual, the easiest way to use CX is to have everything unwanted in your ignore list so that you have an empty process list and can just start any game and press the hotkey without going back to CX again.

We'll probably add a text line within the capture page to explain this for everyone who didn't read the manual(which probably will be the majority of users^^)

We've made an initial ignore list that contains the most popular processes that could be running beside the ones you want to capture but of course we can't know every process one could have running in the background.

But adding any other unwanted processes to the ignore list is something you only have to do once and from there you can just open CX, open a game, press the hotkey, and be happy with your capture^^

I would like to upgrade my PC and have worked out 2 variants:

current specs:

- fx 8350

- 16gb 2166 cl9 ddr3 ram

- rx 570 8gb

variant 1)

- i5 9600k

- 16gb 2666 cl13 ddr4 

- vega 56

variant 2) 

- i7 9700k

- 16gb 3200 cl14 ddr4

(+ mainboard on both variants)

whats the better one?

Well , I am currently playing Arma3 on i7-7700K/Z270/16GB 3200 C16/GTX 1060 6GB.

I am currently testing R5 3600X/B450/16 GB 3200 C16/RX 570 4GB, you can get a glimpse on performances with Arma3 here on the BI Forums.

The performances for the 2 builds are rather equivalent, it means that from my point of view, you must add a third variant.

The R5 3600X and the i5 9600k being, more or less, at the same level.

Nevertheless, between the 2 Intel variants the  ...

- i7 9700k

- 16gb 3200 cl14 ddr4

... is of course the most efficient and it would be better if you add ...

- 500 GB/1TB SSD

- RX 5700/RTX 2060

Edited by oldbear
English is not my maternal language, but you had already get it

hello everyone ,I'm planning on buying  arma 3 , but what I wanna try is the mods with realistic armies and weaponary like in milsims, so can I run it? I have a acer nitro 5 laptop , i5-8300H, gtx 1050 and 8GB ram ,system requirement websites tells I can , but many people say that arma need a beast cpu for multiplayer , so can I run it using some mods and playing coop milsim missions? and the second think I want to ask is do I need all DLCs to use mods for coop milsim mission? thanks in advance

On 8/11/2019 at 3:02 AM, Smart Games said:

I would like to upgrade my PC and have worked out 2 variants:

current specs:

- fx 8350

- 16gb 2166 cl9 ddr3 ram

- rx 570 8gb

variant 1)

- i5 9600k

- 16gb 2666 cl13 ddr4 

- vega 56

variant 2) 

- i7 9700k

- 16gb 3200 cl14 ddr4

(+ mainboard on both variants)

whats the better one?

Definitely the second one.

11 hours ago, M'henni Amara said:

and the second think I want to ask is do I need all DLCs to use mods for coop milsim mission?

No.

11 hours ago, M'henni Amara said:

so can I run it using some mods and playing coop milsim missions

Yes definitely. Though I wouldn't guarantee more than 5 fps, but you can definitely start it.

And btw I moved your post into the correct location for you.

1 hour ago, Dedmen said:

No.

Yes definitely. Though I wouldn't guarantee more than 5 fps, but you can definitely start it.

And btw I moved your post into the correct location for you.

5 fps isn't a playble frame rate , you mean I'll get 5 fps when using mods and all or even without them? I was hoping at least 25-30 fps but5???