Placebo

Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications?

my laptop spec is i7 7700hq gtx 1060 6gb , 16gb ram, arma installed on SSD and im getting 25 to 30+fps in multiplayeron high setting .

Hi ahmad213 welcome back home 😎

From Arma3 gaming, your i7 7700HQ [@ 2,80 GHz and Turbo maxi 3,80 GHz] performances are to be compared today to entry level CPUs so the only way to get a higher FPS level is to lower view distance in game, setting the Overall Visibility  parameter from 2200 m to 1800m .

I still dont get it. What is more important for more fps in Arma3? Higher RAM frequency or lower timings? 

So would be 4600MHz with CL18-19 be better or worse then 3200MHz with CL15-16? Is there a sweetspot?

As I have previously said ...

"In the particular case of an AMD Ryzen processor, what you need to know is that the frequency of the internal data exchange system Infinity Fabric synchronizes with the frequency of the external RAM.

So here you need RAM with the highest frequency compatible with your CPU and Mobo.

And yes, it will be better to get the lower latency RAM sticks".

I must add that AMD had already stated during  AMD E3 Tech Days  that there is a "sweet spot" @ 3733 MHz related to the ways Infinity Fabric is working.

That's why GSKill releasing a lot of Ryzen 3000 dedicated 3600 MHz kits with 14/16/18 latency.

If you are playing Intel the rule is highest frequency compatible with your CPU and Mobo showing lowest latency you can afford 😥

Arma 3 is particularly sensitive to the way memory is managed.

If you are asking for gaming on Intel you can go for 4600MHz CL18

If you are asking about gaming on an AMD Ryzen 3000, a 3600 MHz CL16 dedicated kit will do the job.

There is not much room in AMD Ryzen 2 for OC, so the main issue is to get the CPU giving the highest boost frequency out of the box ...

• Like 1

Can someone make me part list. from my current pc i  will only save GTX1070 everything else will be new . i was thinking about i7-9700K? + 500gb ssd.  lets say all the parts under 1000e.

@Muikku4  Welcome in the Armaverse

Well, a balanced pack built around an i7-9700 will cost more than 1200 €

Intel Core i7-9700KF 450 €
Noctua NH-D9L 57 €
Asus TUF Z390M-PRO GAMING 190 €
DDR4 G.Skill Trident Z, 16 Go (2 x 8 Go), 3600 MHz, CAS 15 225 €
Samsung Série 860 EVO, 500 Go, M.2 100 €
Seagate BarraCuda, 3 To 92 €
Corsair CX650M, 650W 85 €

@oldbear  

Would this work

Intel Coffee Lake Core i7-9700KF, LGA1151, 3.60 GHz, Boxed   what is the difference to this --> Intel Coffee Lake Core i7-9700K, LGA1151, 3.60 GHz, boxed  

Noctua nhd9l

Asus TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING, ATX-emolevy

Samsung 1TB 860 QVO, 2.5" SSD-levy, SATA III, MLC, 550/520 MB/S

EVGA 650W SuperNOVA 650 G3, modulaarinen ATX-virtalähde, 80 PLUS Gold

ASRock 16GB (2 x 8GB) XCALIBUR PHANTOM Gaming RGB, DDR4 3600MHz, CL18, 1.35V, musta

i will get hdd from old pc, also what extra cables do i need ? and will any normal case fit those? sorry im noob this is second pc im building...

@Muikku4
CPU  : i7-9700K has Intel UHD 630 IGPU, i7-9700KF has no Integrated Graphics.

MoBo : Asus TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING is OK

SSD : Samsung 1TB 860 QVO 2.5" [review] ... why not, but I would prefer one SATA TLC based either in M.2 or 2"5 version.

CPU cooling : NH-D9L suggested because it's rather efficient in a compact format, it will fit in most cases.

Coming with the Mobo, you will get 2 SATA cables. from my point of view, it's better to use brand new cables for a new build.

Those 2 are just what you need unless you get an extra 5"5 DVD drive.

I have an intel 2500k and 8gigs of 800Mhz RAM
I wish I was lying
I use a gtx 1080 OC with this. With life stuff in the way, I haven't been able to care that it's a bottleneck...

I love playing Arma 3 online with like 100 players so obviously my frames are horrid, 20fps average when shit hits the fan it even dips to 15ish

Would say... a new Ryzen 3700x and 3600Mhz RAM with my current GTX 1080 put those frames up in the 60's?

@Mackenzie Owens hi, welcome 😎

The first thing to say about the problem you're talking about is that Arma was not designed for these battles with more than 100 players online. Most of the trouble when playing multiplayer come from the server and its administration and the connection to the server.
Then, it is true that the i5-2500K was really good at a time but is outdated now.

The most rational choice for playing Arma3 both in SP and in MP  is to opt for the CPU having the highest Boost/Turbo frequency in game.

From my point of view, an Intel i7-9700K(F) going up to 4.9 GHz is the best for the job with going "up in the 60's" in mind.

Hey Community,

I read this topic and was wondering about the fact that i should buy the ram with the highest clock speed and the best latency for intel.

But i dont understand why i should buy ram with for example 3600mhz if my cpu supports 2666mhz. 

Maybe i am wrong, but isnt that useless? Wont i get better fps with 2666mhz cl 13 than 3600mhz cl16 ram for a cpu that supports 2666mhz? 

I am thinking about buying a i5 9600k. Which ram/mobo is the best?

Thanks, 

Jacob

@Smart Games  Welcome !

Intel who sells processors with a K-tag that can be over clocked advises that overclock is not recommended, in the same way the recommended frequencies for RAM are minimum.
In my opinion, this is because Intel is a US company and wants to avoid any risk of class action 😏

An Intel i5 9600K [look also AMD R5 3600X] can be set on a Z370/Z390 mother board.

It seems that you are looking for a mid-range product, so as example an ASUS TUF Z390-Pro Gaming is in range.

In the tech sheet specs, you will see that this MoBo support RAM up to DDR4 4266(O.C).

About RAM, as higher frequency is having an impact on overall rig perfs, you will seek a balance between performances and value 😎

Looking this way, I opted for 16 GB (2x8GB) GSKill TridentZ 3200 MHz C16 on my Intel #1 i7-7700K based gaming rig and Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 for my bench [ATM AMD 2600 on board].

• Thanks 1

Setup:

- ASRock Z390 Exterme4 Intel Z390 So.1151 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX Retail (159,85€)

- 16GB G.Skill Flare X für AMD schwarz DDR4-3200 DIMM CL14 Dual Kit (142,85€)

- Intel Core i5 9600K 6x 3.70GHz So.1151 WOF (219,90€)

A good Setup? Whats better?

@Groove_C I play mainly Arma (sometimes older games)  and don't use any productivity programs 🙂

older games = something like Titan Quest

@Smart GamesI wouldn't recommend 9600K -> 6 cores only = no future.

You buy 9700K or if to expensive for you, then Ryzen 3600/3700X.

@Groove_C which mainboard would you recommend for the r5 3600? The new mainboards are really expensive...

What performs better? i5 or r5? 

Userbenchmark shows a slightly better sc performance with the i5 and arma runs better with intel?!

@Smart Games 9600K is just slightly better in A3, yes.

But one never knows how well multi-threaded next ArmA will be.

R5 with 12 threads is more future proof.

It's behind 9600K not even 10%, I think.

And this is in single thread performance.

Before new Ryzen CPUs I wouldn't even have hesitated. But now I'm not that sure about 9600K.

One last question 🙂

I use a Rx 570 8gb OC in my current pc. Could there be a bottlneck with the r5 3600 in ArmA or is this gpu good enough?

Is there a big differnce between the Rx570 and (for example) a 1080?

--> i saw a yt video with a huge performance difference btw the 1050 and the 1080 (in sp ca 80fps). 

@Smart Games RX 570 8GB OC is ok for not more than high video settings with normal FPS @ 1080p.

Yes, big difference.

Buy GTX 1080 only if very very good price. Otherwise wait for custom RX 5700 (XT) models.

The big difference also in ArmA? A lot of people say, the gpu isnt that important

I am using a RX 570 4GB on my Arma tests bench platform and a 1080p Iiyama monitor for the game and an HP 720p for tools display.

I am playing "Ultra" quality and just tweaked down a bit water reflexion and AA&PP effects.

It's a good asset.

A far as I know, ATM, you can get nice bargain on RX 590, probably allowing to play Arma3 without "sacrifice".