Placebo

Will-my-pc-run-Arma3? What cpu/gpu to get? What settings? What system specifications?

4 hours ago, oldbear said:

Yes, this "system" will run Arma3 but not the way you are looking for.

Let say the whole thing is unbalanced.

CPU /RAM too high vs GPU/HD too low.

The GT 1030 is playable [I know, I have one] but it will always run at 100% in game with a lot of limitations.

A 2To HDD is also playable, but you will get stuttering and texture flickering.

In order to play Arma3, you will need

- the fastest and more efficient CPU you can get : it has been the case for all Arma* games.

- a rather good GPU. Before Visual Upgrade, even a low entry graphic card can do the job, now, you will need a middle range one as a minimum.

- 8 RAM of fast -@3000 MHz- RAM is mandatory. Arma* have always been "RAM sensitive", now its also "RAM greedy".

- 256 GB SSD is also needed. Arma* have always need fast HD, now with a lot of data streaming in, the fastest is needed.

From my point of view, in order to play Arma3 today, you will need a rig more or less based  these specs :

CPU : AMD Ryzen 3 1300X /Intel i3-8100

GPU : NVidia GTX 1050 / AMD RX 560

RAM : 8 GB RAM DDR4 (2x4) @3000 MHz

HD : 240/500 GB SSD. Windows 10 64 and Arma3 library on SSD.

Note : you can have a glimpse at an AMD Ryzen 3 1300X with Arma3 in a small test I had posted on French CanardPC forums : Jouer à Arma3 avec un Ryzen3 - Le retour de la Force

Be advised French language involved.

If you want to get a better, more comfortable from the FPS point of view, you can get something like :

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 2600X /Intel i5-8400

GPU : NVidia GTX 1060 6GB / AMD RX 580 8 GB

RAM : 8 GB RAM DDR4 (2x4) @3000 MHz or 16 GB DDR4 if you are thinking to play over 1080p.

HD : 240/500 GB SSD. Windows 10 64 and Arma3 library on SSD.

Or ... taking your "System" specs as a basis:

CPU Type: Intel Core i7 8th Gen

CPU Speed: 8700 (3.20 GHz) Can be over-clocked to 4.60

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 2GB, NVidia GTX 1060 6GB or AMD RX 580 8 GB

Memory Capacity:16 GB DDR4

HDD: 2 TB, 240/500 GB SSD + 1To HD

On 1/14/2019 at 10:54 PM, Kiraslav said:

First of all, I want to thank you for the help. I really do appreciate it. For the time being I am constrained as to how much money I can invest in a new computer. I know that the computer that I mentioned will run ArmA 2/OA without too many performance issues but after seeing all the hoops one has to jump through in order for ArmA 2/OA to work on Stream, I just didn't want to have to deal with those headaches. From past experience, I know basically how to install the numerous mods and it looks like it takes just a little more effort to make ArmA 3 mods work with Steam. So saying that, for the time being I will have to settle with the computer configuration as it is. I can put up with the less-than-perfect performance for ArmA 3 until I can get the better graphics card and the SSD drive. Again, thank you for the help.

Edited by greywulf58
I screwed up.

19 minutes ago, greywulf58 said:

First of all, I want to thank you for the help. I really do appreciate it. For the time being I am constrained as to how much money I can invest in a new computer. I know that the computer that I mentioned will run ArmA 2/OA without too many performance issues but after seeing all the hoops one has to jump through in order for ArmA 2/OA to work on Stream, I just didn't want to have to deal with those headaches. From past experience, I know basically how to install the numerous mods and it looks like it takes just a little more effort to make ArmA 3 mods work with Steam. So saying that, for the time being I will have to settle with the computer configuration as it is. I can put up with the less-than-perfect performance for ArmA 3 until I can get the better graphics card and the SSD drive. Again, thank you for the help.

Would this be a satisfactory SSD drive for ArmA 3? HP S700 2.5" 250GB SATA III 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Well, I don't know such product as the HP S700 2.5" 250GB SATA III SSD

It's not available in my country.

Having some bad and good experiences in the area as a customer, I am quite cautious.

Now, I am only using products I had good experience with, such as Intel, Samsung and Crucial.

I know for having tried that previous experience with Arma2 was confusing if not depressing.

It's no more the case. With Arma3 launcher, it's easy to use Arma3 Mods with steam.

WOW!!! No wonder your avatar shows your wearing a bear-skin. The north face of Mt. Ventoux.

I did find a Samsung SSD for a fairly decent price and I might as well opt for that one instead instead of the HP.

Thanks again.

I swear, I am going nuts trying to find a computer that I can afford but good enough to run ArmA 3. I find what I think is a good rig only to find out it is DDR3 memory. My budget for a computer is $700.00. If I ask my girlfriend for anything more I think she is going to castrate me.

2 hours ago, greywulf58 said:

I swear, I am going nuts trying to find a computer that I can afford but good enough to run ArmA 3. I find what I think is a good rig only to find out it is DDR3 memory. My budget for a computer is $700.00. If I ask my girlfriend for anything more I think she is going to castrate me.

Better kiss them goodbye, then. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/7/2019 at 12:31 PM, Tankbuster said:

Better kiss them goodbye, then. 🙂

Well, that was helpful. Thank you so very much.😎

On 2/7/2019 at 11:00 PM, greywulf58 said:

My budget for a computer is $700.00. If I ask my girlfriend for anything more I think she is going to castrate me.

Are you a kept man? Lucky you!

Otherwise, man up, get a job and buy whatever you want with your own money. :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Valken said:

Are you a kept man? Lucky you!

Otherwise, man up, get a job and buy whatever you want with your own money. 😄

I am 65 years old and disabled if you must know. I get SSD and pay my bills. So for you to say that is totally uncalled for. It must be nice to know so much about a stranger. I didn't come here to argue or to be insulted by a complete stranger. I came here for some help and that is all I came here for. If I've crossed a line with this reply, well then ban me from the forums and you won't be bothered by me anymore. Thank you!!!!!

20 minutes ago, greywulf58 said:

I am 65 years old and disabled if you must know. I get SSD and pay my bills. So for you to say that is totally uncalled for. It must be nice to know so much about a stranger. I didn't come here to argue or to be insulted by a complete stranger. I came here for some help and that is all I came here for. If I've crossed a line with this reply, well then ban me from the forums and you won't be bothered by me anymore. Thank you!!!!!

@greywulf58

I meant no disrespect and the :D  at the end of the sentence was meant as a tongue in cheek joke. That is how the internet works. The :D is called a smiley, so it looks like a circle with face smiling, to mean a joke or like a ribbing. It is hard to convey humor over the net , and if you have not been online long, then I understand any lack of unfamiliarity with internet culture.

So I formally apologize to you, man to man.

I was mainly referring to your comment about asking your girlfriend for money. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Valken said:

@greywulf58

I meant no disrespect and the 😄 at the end of the sentence was meant as a tongue in cheek joke. That is how the internet works. The 😄 is called a smiley, so it looks like a circle with face smiling, to mean a joke or like a ribbing. It is hard to convey humor over the net , and if you have not been online long, then I understand any lack of unfamiliarity with internet culture.

So I formally apologize to you, man to man.

I was mainly referring to your comment about asking your girlfriend for money. 

Apology duly accepted. I know exactly what you mean about interpreting a comment online as it being either serious or as a joke. Been online since 1992, so I get it. Btw, my apologies to you to...man to man 😉

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, greywulf58 said:

How is valken expected to know your circumstances? It is not an insult unless he knows your background and intended to insult  which I don't believe is the case.

It's really not fair to trigger when someone is giving what is clearly lighthearted comment.

In my view what he did is no worse than your "Hey, I'm disabled. You can't talk with a joke to me!".

it was a rather crass joke and misunderstanding.

@greywulf58

No worries friend. We're all good.

To make amends, let me give you some advice on your existing system per your previous post:

• Your CPU is good enough. OC it to whatever is stable. The higher the better. You need to really check this during the summer as you may need to OC it back down a bit then.
  • You have enough RAM at 16 GB. But you should check how fast it is rated. The faster the better as Oldbear said. ARMA 2/CO and 3 is RAM speed and timings sensitive. If you have something like DDR4-3000+, that is pretty good. Ideally, 3200+. Anything less, your CPU is being held back on all of its total potential.
  • Get an SSD. After CPU/RAM, SSD is next.
  •  

I recommend you try to find a 1TB Samsung or Crucial SSD because if you get hooked on ARMA 3, you will install mods... and that should also reside on the SSD due to the way the ARMA engine streams data nearly constantly, when it runs out of RAM.

OS+ARMA 3 will eat up nearly 45+ GB (ARMA 3 is at 32 GB and Windows 7 x64 at 13 GB - I just checked mine), not counting any other apps you may have or need to use.

I have ARMA 3 + mods  on 960 GB SSD ... it is nearly full! RHS/CUP/STALKER/RAVAGE/SMA/NIARMS/etc...

• GPU - you should focus here after you have setup the above 3, in that order. Get a 1050 or ideally 1060 GTX or FASTER. That should tie you up for ARMA 3 and ARMA 2/CO.

Worst case is to get the SSD and lower your graphic settings to play at constant 30 FPS at minimum. ARMA is smooth at 30 FPS unlike other games that needs 60+ FPS. 

There is no point to have ARMA look beautiful but stutter like bad curry out the back end if you know what I mean... Sorry for the graphic image.

You can try to save some money on a used GPU. Contrary to what people say, there are tons of good used GPU on the market now due to falling crypto mining business. Those guys usually UNDERVOLT the GPU or set it at 80/90% due to the cost / benefit ratio of the mining. 

It would be a cheap way to get up to speed on ARMA 3 at 1080p.

FYR - I have a Haswell I7-4970K @ 4.5-4.6 GHZ, 32 GB DDR3-2400CL10, SSD and 1060 3GB GTX. I should have gotten 6 GB version, but this was a temp solution as I was really trying to buy an AMD 580/590 or Vega, but that was / is still sold out where I am located.

This system runs ARMA  3 over 60 FPS most of the time online on the servers that I play so that is good enough for me until I upgrade to 4K or 8K, whatever I can afford then.

@ greywulf58 :  Could you tell us exactly what you have in your PC now, nothing about what you are planning or hope?

Are you planning to build a new rig or have you already one ?

Some posts before you write your "System" was ...

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 2GB,

HDD: 2 TB,

... if it's still the case, I agree with Valken when he says that the main update to be done first is to go to a SSD.

A SSD large enough to host both Windows 10 64, Arma3 Steam Library and some Mods, here, I am using around 40 GB for Arma3 APEX ed + 2DLC packs and full CUP/the Unsung/IFA3 Mods.

So even if 256 GB will be enough, 500 GB will help to manage the storage.

As I have already write, Arma3 is playable with a GT 1030 but it will always run at 100% in game with a lot of limitations with "Lighting" and in the "AA&PP" section.

I also agree that to move for a medium range GPU will help to play Arma3 at the quality level it must be played. In that case a GTX 1060 3 GB will do the job, I know, I have a cheap Zotac  [1 Fan] blowing nearby.

Edited by oldbear
I am not really a bear, but feeling really old sometimes

15 hours ago, Valken said:

@greywulf58

No worries friend. We're all good.

To make amends, let me give you some advice on your existing system per your previous post:

• Your CPU is good enough. OC it to whatever is stable. The higher the better. You need to really check this during the summer as you may need to OC it back down a bit then.
  • You have enough RAM at 16 GB. But you should check how fast it is rated. The faster the better as Oldbear said. ARMA 2/CO and 3 is RAM speed and timings sensitive. If you have something like DDR4-3000+, that is pretty good. Ideally, 3200+. Anything less, your CPU is being held back on all of its total potential.
  • Get an SSD. After CPU/RAM, SSD is next.
  •  

I recommend you try to find a 1TB Samsung or Crucial SSD because if you get hooked on ARMA 3, you will install mods... and that should also reside on the SSD due to the way the ARMA engine streams data nearly constantly, when it runs out of RAM.

OS+ARMA 3 will eat up nearly 45+ GB (ARMA 3 is at 32 GB and Windows 7 x64 at 13 GB - I just checked mine), not counting any other apps you may have or need to use.

I have ARMA 3 + mods  on 960 GB SSD ... it is nearly full! RHS/CUP/STALKER/RAVAGE/SMA/NIARMS/etc...

• GPU - you should focus here after you have setup the above 3, in that order. Get a 1050 or ideally 1060 GTX or FASTER. That should tie you up for ARMA 3 and ARMA 2/CO.

Worst case is to get the SSD and lower your graphic settings to play at constant 30 FPS at minimum. ARMA is smooth at 30 FPS unlike other games that needs 60+ FPS. 

There is no point to have ARMA look beautiful but stutter like bad curry out the back end if you know what I mean... Sorry for the graphic image.

You can try to save some money on a used GPU. Contrary to what people say, there are tons of good used GPU on the market now due to falling crypto mining business. Those guys usually UNDERVOLT the GPU or set it at 80/90% due to the cost / benefit ratio of the mining. 

It would be a cheap way to get up to speed on ARMA 3 at 1080p.

FYR - I have a Haswell I7-4970K @ 4.5-4.6 GHZ, 32 GB DDR3-2400CL10, SSD and 1060 3GB GTX. I should have gotten 6 GB version, but this was a temp solution as I was really trying to buy an AMD 580/590 or Vega, but that was / is still sold out where I am located.

This system runs ARMA  3 over 60 FPS most of the time online on the servers that I play so that is good enough for me until I upgrade to 4K or 8K, whatever I can afford then.

Thank you for offering all this information. It makes it a little better for me to choose what components I should be on the lookout for. Several of the systems I've looked at do have 1060 3 and even 4 GBs of DDR memory. Most of the systems do not have an SSD and those that do only have a 120 Gb drive. I might have to get an SSD drive (found several Seagates) and switch out the smaller drive. Question, and I think I know the answer to this one., c

16 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

How is valken expected to know your circumstances? It is not an insult unless he knows your background and intended to insult  which I don't believe is the case.

It's really not fair to trigger when someone is giving what is clearly lighthearted comment.

In my view what he did is no worse than your "Hey, I'm disabled. You can't talk with a joke to me!".

it was a rather crass joke and misunderstanding.

@Tankbuster. Valken doesn't and I should have realized that from the beginning. I know that sometimes I might be a bit trigger happy (in a negative way) with my replies when people, often strangers, make some sort of derogatory comments about me. Those that know me very well, will use comments  in parenthesis or brackets (just pulling your chain) or [just joking] since they are old school online chatters like me. I've been doing this now, as I said, since 1992. I began chatting with mIRC (shows you how old I am) and learned a lot in that time. But having said that, Valken and I have both apologized to each other which is the right way to resolve this. Last, I want to thank all of you for helping this old f**t (I'm allowed to insult myself, lol) in helping me select a rig that will suit my needs. I hope all of you have a pleasant day.

10 hours ago, oldbear said:

@ greywulf58 :  Could you tell us exactly what you have in your PC now, nothing about what you are planning or hope?

Are you planning to build a new rig or have you already one ?

Some posts before you write your "System" was ...

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 2GB,

HDD: 2 TB,

... if it's still the case, I agree with Valken when he says that the main update to be done first is to go to a SSD.

A SSD large enough to host both Windows 10 64, Arma3 Steam Library and some Mods, here, I am using around 40 GB for Arma3 APEX ed + 2DLC packs and full CUP/the Unsung/IFA3 Mods.

So even if 256 GB will be enough, 500 GB will help to manage the storage.

As I have already write, Arma3 is playable with a GT 1030 but it will always run at 100% in game with a lot of limitations with "Lighting" and in the "AA&PP" section.

I also agree that to move for a medium range GPU will help to play Arma3 at the quality level it must be played. In that case a GTX 1060 3 GB will do the job, I know, I have a cheap Zotac  [1 Fan] blowing nearby.

At the moment, I am ashamed to tell you what I am using in the way of a computer. Actually, I'm not. It is an old (like 10 years old) Lenovo laptop that barely runs anything but interestingly enough, it will run Cold War Assault just fine. About all I use this computer for is to correspond on forums such as this or send emails or play Windows solitaire (over 5,000 games played so far) and that is about all I do with it. Back to the system(s) I am looking at. Some do come with a 120 Gb SSD. My question is this. I have found several refurbished Seagate 250+ to 500 Gb SSDs for fairly good prices (usually under $100). So, should I order a computer rig without an SSD and install a Seagate or purchase the system I first showed and add the Seagate if possible?  I did build a rig for myself years ago (in 1997/1998) so I am not to intimidated doing so again. However, much has changed in the last 20 years (that was a true understatement) and I'd hate to purchase all the components for a new rig only to find out I purchased incompatible or not powerful enough components.

One other question and I am sure this is not the correct forum to ask it. I noticed on Steam that in order for ArmA 2/OA to run properly on Steam that there is a patch. I have looked everywhere for that patch but with absolutely no luck at all. I did purchase the ArmA 2/OA combo but it is still waiting to be installed from Steam. Where is that patch or do I absolutely need it?

Thanks all.

I've been looking at some build-it-yourself kits and need to know what you think of this rig combination:

AMD RYZEN 5 1400 4-Core 3.2 GHz (3.4 GHz Turbo) Socket AM4 65W YD1400BBAEBOX Desktop Processor (Model:YD1400BBAEBOX)

1xROSEWILL Micro ATX Mini Tower Computer Case - SRM-01 (Model:SRM-01)

1xEVGA 450 BT 100-BT-0450-K1 450W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Non-Modular Active PFC Power Supply (Model:100-BT-0450-K1)

1xEVGA GeForce GTX 1050 GAMING, 02G-P4-6150-KR, 2GB GDDR5, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC) (Model:02G-P4-6150-KR)

1xASRock AB350M AM4 AMD Promontory B350 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard (Model:AB350M)

1xCORSAIR Vengeance LPX 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) Desktop Memory Model CMK8GX4M1A2400C16 (Model:CMK8GX4M1A2400C16)

1xSanDisk SSD PLUS SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) SDSSDA-240G-G26 (Model:SDSSDA-240G-G26)

1xWD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD10EZEX - OEM (Model:WD10EZEX)

Pretty much all that I would need to add to this would be Windows 64-bit, key board, and mouse. I already have a nice Acer monitor. 

1 hour ago, greywulf58 said:

Thank you for offering all this information. It makes it a little better for me to choose what components I should be on the lookout for. Several of the systems I've looked at do have 1060 3 and even 4 GBs of DDR memory. Most of the systems do not have an SSD and those that do only have a 120 Gb drive. I might have to get an SSD drive (found several Seagates) and switch out the smaller drive. Question, and I think I know the answer to this one., c

@Tankbuster. Valken doesn't and I should have realized that from the beginning. I know that sometimes I might be a bit trigger happy (in a negative way) with my replies when people, often strangers, make some sort of derogatory comments about me. Those that know me very well, will use comments  in parenthesis or brackets (just pulling your chain) or [just joking] since they are old school online chatters like me. I've been doing this now, as I said, since 1992. I began chatting with mIRC (shows you how old I am) and learned a lot in that time. But having said that, Valken and I have both apologized to each other which is the right way to resolve this. Last, I want to thank all of you for helping this old f**t (I'm allowed to insult myself, lol) in helping me select a rig that will suit my needs. I hope all of you have a pleasant day.

Yes, I see you guys have made up, it's all good. As you were, soldier 🙂

1 hour ago, greywulf58 said:

I've been looking at some build-it-yourself kits and need to know what you think of this rig combination:

AMD RYZEN 5 1400 4-Core 3.2 GHz (3.4 GHz Turbo) Socket AM4 65W YD1400BBAEBOX Desktop Processor (Model:YD1400BBAEBOX)

1xROSEWILL Micro ATX Mini Tower Computer Case - SRM-01 (Model:SRM-01)

1xEVGA 450 BT 100-BT-0450-K1 450W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Non-Modular Active PFC Power Supply (Model:100-BT-0450-K1)

1xEVGA GeForce GTX 1050 GAMING, 02G-P4-6150-KR, 2GB GDDR5, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC) (Model:02G-P4-6150-KR)

1xASRock AB350M AM4 AMD Promontory B350 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard (Model:AB350M)

1xCORSAIR Vengeance LPX 8GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) Desktop Memory Model CMK8GX4M1A2400C16 (Model:CMK8GX4M1A2400C16)

1xSanDisk SSD PLUS SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) SDSSDA-240G-G26 (Model:SDSSDA-240G-G26)

1xWD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD10EZEX - OEM (Model:WD10EZEX)

Pretty much all that I would need to add to this would be Windows 64-bit, key board, and mouse. I already have a nice Acer monitor. 

Hello @greywulf58

Let me first say I'm glad your older than me, not by much it has to be said, but it's nice to have someone to call 'old geezer'.. 😉

I saw on the A2 forum a few weeks back, that you were asking about A2/steam etc. I'm not sure what the steam issue was/is with A2. You can run A2 without steam easily, I do, even though it is from the steam folder (BAT file).

But that is by the by. With A3 you have to have steam, can't play it without (IIRC).

A3 runs better than A2 imo, performance wise. It's better optimised I think. However, I play A2.

The rig there looks o.k for most games nowadays, however I'm not so sure for A3. It will play o.k. but if you are against many ai or indeed other players, then you will be turning the settings down, imo. That said it 'will' play A3, but it won't breeze through it, so just be aware of that. Keep the VD down to around 2-3km's, should be o.k.

Plus, turning some settings down, doesn't always mean better performance in many cases either, this series is odd like that, trial and error really, same with A2.

Anyway, enjoy A3 when you get there.

Oh, just to add, I've never been sold on SSD's. I guess I'm a little old school and like my HDD's. I can load up and run A2 from a HDD (external), but there you go. 🙂

1 hour ago, chrisb said:

Oh, just to add, I've never been sold on SSD's. I guess I'm a little old school and like my HDD's. I can load up and run A2 from a HDD (external), but there you go.

I always kept two versions, Arma3 and Arma3 DEV (for the test in DEV). Arma3 is installed on SSD, and Arma3 DEV is on HDD SATA3. There is an increase in the performance of Arma3 on SSD. This is not a very significant increase in performance in the overall test. But in some scenes of the game mode, where the SSD shows better performance than the HDD. On average, the Arma3 - SSD performance metric is not a panacea for solving Arma3 performance problems.

Okay a short question. I am getting close, at least I hope so, to a computer configuration that might just be within my price range and allow me to play ArmA 3. I do have one question though. Please keep in mind that I have to try and keep this rig cost under $700. What would be the absolute smallest HDD I would need or do I need one at all if I get a large (900 Mb to 1 Tb) SSD?

Okay. This is the rig so far and I'm building it myself.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 1400 4-Core 3.2 GHz (3.4 GHz Turbo) Socket AM4 65W YD1400BBAEBOX Desktop Processor

MOBO: ASRock AB350M AM4 AMD Promontory B350 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) Intel X99 and 100 Series Desktop Memory Model CMK16GX4M2A2400C16

Video: Radeon RX 560 DirectX 12 GV-RX560OC-4GD 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x8 ATX Video Card

HDD: Seagate SV35 Series ST31000526SV 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Manufacture Recertified

SDD:  Intel 320 Series SSDSA2BW600G3 600GB 2.5" MLC internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Power Supply: EVGA 450 BT 100-BT-0450-K1 450W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Non-Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Case: ROSEWILL Micro ATX Mini Tower Computer Case - SRM-01

Price at this point is $629.92. Still have to get Windows 10.

So the question is, is this worth the price?

I couldn't have done this without the help from all of you.

Thanks.

For Arma 2nd Gen Ryzen is better option.

For memory look motheboard memory QVL list.

That GPU will run only on PCI-E 3.0 x8 speed max.

For Win10 you can install Win7 on that new system and then free upgrade to Win10.

• Like 1

I agree with Chris B - my nicer system crashed by my toddler bull rushing it so i had to use my backup parts and went back from an SSD to an old spinny HD and honestly i just dont notice a difference.

Crashed System: 500gb SSD Win 10

Some Elite ROG Asus MOBO

16 Gigs 3200 DDR4

i5 6600k OC'ed 4.5

1060 6gb

Salvaged System: 500Gb Standard HD Win 10

Some Crappy Micro ATx Asus mobo

8 Gigs 1600 DDR3

i5 4690 Oc'ed 4.5

1060 6gb

As its my ROG mobo that crashed, im always tempted to get a new board for the 6600 mostly so I can go back to that RAM -but honestly, in reality i just dont feel a difference with Arma